The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Legion Lounge Off-topic discussion, relaxation & spam.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:20 AM   #1
Arcadian Empire
The Legion's Resident Pikachu

Nation: Arcadian Empire
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Arcadian

Default Should I feel sorry?

http://www.news.com.au/national/teen...-1226559693248

Quote:

Four teenagers are in hospital after this horrific car crash. Picture: Bill Hearne Source: The Daily Telegraph

THE driver of a car that crashed overnight leaving four teens in hospital was due to sit for his learner driver license test next week.

The boy, 16, was behind the wheel of his grandmother's Peugeot sedan that crashed on Bungarribee road at Blacktown at 1:40am, nearly killing himself and three other passengers.

They included his girlfriend, 15, as well as another friend, 16, and his girlfriend, aged 15.

His grandmother, a newspaper delivery driver, is with the boy now.

All four teenagers are currently being treated at Westmead Hospital for a raft of injuries, but all are expected to make a full recovery.

The driver's cousin said everyone inside the car was extremely lucky to be alive.

He said the boy was completely unlicensed and had no place behind the wheel of the car.

"If that was a wooden telegraph pole and not a metal one it wouldn't have buckled and the car would have buckled around it and killed them," he said, adding that he inspected the damage this morning.

"It's just a horror scene really... It's not what I expected of him - he's smarter than that."

The car hit a telegraph pole, crashed into a brick wall at the front of a residence and knocked powerlines down.

The wrecked Peugeot came to rest in the front yard of a home owned by Cameron Nicol, 37.

He said the car rolled within metres of his front bedroom where he sleeps with his wife and their newborn baby girl who is nine days old.

"We got woken by a massive thud like a bomb going off,'' Mr Nicol said.

"I looked outside and there was the car upside down on my front lawn and the (occupants) were all yelling, `Get me out. Get me out.'''

Mr Nicol and his neighbour, only wanting to be known as George, raced outside and helped three of the teens from the overturned vehicle, but the driver remained trapped.

"The two girls got out,'' he said. "One was resuscitated on the front lawn but the driver was stuck and had to be cut free by the fire brigade. The other young boy had chest pains.''

Kernin Lambert, Inspector Duty Commander for NSW Fire and Rescue, said emergency services faced a number of challenges to remove the driver.

NSW Fire and Rescue Inspector Kernin Lambert at the car crash. Picture: Bill Hearne Source: The Daily Telegraph

He said, "We had a situation where the driver was trapped, powerlines were down over the vehicle, the petrol tank had been quite severely damaged and (there was) lots of structural damage to the site.

"But we were able to get (the driver) out quickly despite the bad conditions and he was transported to hospital.''

Mr Nicol said this was the second high-speed crash to happen out the front of his home in the last few weeks.

"A car went through the intersection and (got) airborne through about 25 bins,'' he said.
Should I feel sorry for any of the people in the car?

I'm just inclined to think: "You stole your grandmother's car. You snuck out of home. You picked up a few friends for a joy ride, who aren't faultless themselves because they know you're unlicensed. You crashed the car. You broke the law. You're a fucking idiot."

I only feel bad for the poor home owner who has to rebuild their fence.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics General Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireMost Active Legionnaire
Arcadian Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:35 AM   #2
Legionnaire

Nation: Legionia

Default Re: Should I feel sorry?

how about stop being a sociopath and show a bit of empathy for a change
The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarTetris WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #3
Arcadian Empire
The Legion's Resident Pikachu

Nation: Arcadian Empire

Discord name: Arcadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadian Empire View Post

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics General Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireMost Active Legionnaire
Arcadian Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #4
Kivan
Trust us, we are a Committee

Nation: Nemiral

Discord name: KivanNemiral|Legion

lucky dumbasses
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
Kivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #5
Legionnaire

Nation: Legionia

Quote:
good going champ
The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarTetris WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #6
Staccs
More butts, more bucks, never giving more fucks

Nation: RaccNation

Discord name: Staccs

Quote:
http://www.news.com.au/national/teen...-1226559693248

Should I feel sorry for any of the people in the car?

I'm just inclined to think: "You stole your grandmother's car. You snuck out of home. You picked up a few friends for a joy ride, who aren't faultless themselves because they know you're unlicensed. You crashed the car. You broke the law. You're a fucking idiot."

Exactly. Un-fucking-licensed. Meaning they weren't supposed to be driving.
ODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement Award
Staccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
Feibelman
Whiskey Monstrosity

Nation: Feibelstan II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
how about stop being a sociopath and show a bit of empathy for a change
Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Feibelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
MrAdmiralX
Now you know, so now you die

Nation: Zorg Enterprises

Discord name: MrAdmiralX

Alliance:
Legion

Yes

Since Jan 1. Tech Sent: 800 Money Sent: 15mil
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
MrAdmiralX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #9
Kivan
Trust us, we are a Committee

Nation: Nemiral

Discord name: KivanNemiral|Legion

holy hell MAX appears?
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
Kivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
Lord Necronomis
Queer for Hubb

Nation: Federation of Bone

Discord name: Necronomis

wtf, MAX
[03:18] * %DarthElecian[Legion] takes trout and slaps Necronomis|Legion around a bit
[03:19] * @Necronomis|Legion takes out a massive sword-handled razor-barbed dildo and smacks DarthElecian[Legion] around a lot with it.
[03:19] <%DarthElecian[Legion]> o_O
[03:19] <@Necronomis|Legion> don't fuck with me
[03:19] <%DarthElecian[Legion]> ....do not want
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Lord Necronomis is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Tags
feel