The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Legion Lounge Off-topic discussion, relaxation & spam.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #21
Midas
The Prodigy Child

Nation: Bilginin
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Midas|AESIR

Alliance:
ĘSIR

Default Re: What is a bogan? (an educational thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadian Empire View Post
Bogans ruin everything that's good. They be stealin' the hot chicks from us =(
I'm sure they say all of the "normal" people ruin everything good too. If you really want the hot chicks, then gather up the guts to go talk to them before you come whining and complaining on here.
1 Weapons Research Complex: $150,000,000.00
The ability to beat the living crap out of Legion enemies: Priceless.
There's some things that money can't buy. For everything else, there's a WRC.
Quote:
[12:11am] PapaJacky[Legion]: I'm terribly clever yet I have a multitude of personality disorders
[12:11am] PapaJacky[Legion]: last count was 8 out of 11 :v
[12:11am] KivanNemiral: my issue is that im an asshole
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarNuclear SurvivorInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #22
Arcadian Empire
The Legion's Resident Pikachu

Nation: Arcadian Empire

Discord name: Arcadian

Oh I will Midas... I'm being forcibly signed up to a speed dating event

Thread will follow soon.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics General Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireMost Active Legionnaire
Arcadian Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #23
Assarax
Lurkin'

Nation: Xandedrat

Discord name: Assarax

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickLaxBro View Post
"A bogan is someone who wears jeans and sneakers."

I laughed at that one. Calling all of America bogans there.
Does anyone not wear sneakers with jeans? I mean, personally I think wearing nice shoes with jeans looks strange.

Quote:
I like how this thread is being portrayed as my views on what a bogan is and my hatred when it explicitly states in the OP:

blah, blah, blah
Because, Arc, we know what you think about these bogans. We've seen the comments you've made in various other threads about these types of people. These "other views" clearly exemplify and support your own, so we are treating them the same.

Plus, by using the term bogan, which is a disparaging term used to describe a class or culture of people, you are subscribing to the line of thought as described by other people in the OP. Therefore, their views are yours as well.

Quote:
Bogans ruin everything that's good. They be stealin' the hot chicks from us =(
Thank you for proving my point for me. Also, they can't steal what you don't have, Arc.

More Nukes! Less Sophie!

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced an inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth."
~ Thomas Jefferson, "Notes on Virginia"

May the streets run Orange with ODN blood! I still <3 you though, BDCC.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Loyalty AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Assarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #24
Lord Necronomis
Queer for Hubb

Nation: Federation of Bone

Discord name: Necronomis

I'm not going to close this thread, but I am going to ask that it be resolved and die. Quickly.
[03:18] * %DarthElecian[Legion] takes trout and slaps Necronomis|Legion around a bit
[03:19] * @Necronomis|Legion takes out a massive sword-handled razor-barbed dildo and smacks DarthElecian[Legion] around a lot with it.
[03:19] <%DarthElecian[Legion]> o_O
[03:19] <@Necronomis|Legion> don't fuck with me
[03:19] <%DarthElecian[Legion]> ....do not want
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Lord Necronomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #25
Larajoseph
Legion's biggest bookworm

Nation: Armida

Discord name: lara

Alliance:
Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Necronomis View Post
I'm not going to close this thread, but I am going to ask that it be resolved and die. Quickly.

"Why in this land of great wealth is there great poverty?" Helen Keller (1912)
UTC -4
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Lifetime AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonEconomics Distinguished Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Larajoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #26
Arcadian Empire
The Legion's Resident Pikachu

Nation: Arcadian Empire

Discord name: Arcadian

Some of the views in the OP support my own. Other ones do, however. For example, I wouldn't define a bogan as someone who wears sneakers with jeans. I also wouldn't say a bogan plays music really loudly on trains because I see islanders do that too.

However, I would say that getting a Southern Cross tattoo on you is pretty bogan as well as re-branding your car.

And LN, unfortunately - the thread title asks a rhetorical question so it won't die very quickly =(

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics General Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireMost Active Legionnaire
Arcadian Empire is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Tags
arcadian, bogan, educational, thread