The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:32 PM   #1
Immerael
The Legion's Resident Demi God

Nation: Goldoa
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Immerael[TheLegion]

Default Free CountDankula

So I know there are several Brits and such here and I'd like your thoughts on this controversy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqf1...ature=youtu.be

For those who need a TL: DW or are morally offended by Sargon's recap here is whats happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recap in words

A dude in Britain whose youtube name is Count Dankula made a joke video, he had trained his girlfriend's pug to respond to the command "Sieg Heil" or "Gas the Jews" by raising its paw in an obvious imitation of the Nazi salute. He was later charged and CONVICTED of the crime of being "Grossly Offensive" by a judge in Scottland.
Now I should note that I do not think his joke was particularly that funny, but I want to state that as an American with a deep love of the first amendment I am absolutely terrified of what is happening now in Britain. The classic argument of "I do not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it."

This follows the banning of the country from various 'conservative' youtube personalities like Lauren Southern, who was detained by the border control of Britain under TERRORISM LAWS.

My opinion is pretty straight forward based on the presentation of this argument, those who oppose me feel free to provide their own sources and such.
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarSnake Eyes WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator Award
Immerael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:45 PM   #2
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits

Default Re: Free CountDankula

This from the same government that wants to "integrate" former ISIS members, and can't be bothered to stamp out Islamic rape gangs.

If the government doesn't stop siding with foreigners against their own people, they'll have plenty of real Nazis to deal with.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:14 PM   #3
mojo882

Nation: kolsara

There's not a lot to say on this, Its a joke what happened to him, clearly he's not a Nazi I can't imagine what the judge and crown prosecution service were thinking.
Unjust WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator Award
mojo882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:34 PM   #4
Immerael
The Legion's Resident Demi God

Nation: Goldoa

Discord name: Immerael[TheLegion]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
This from the same government that wants to "integrate" former ISIS members, and can't be bothered to stamp out Islamic rape gangs.

If the government doesn't stop siding with foreigners against their own people, they'll have plenty of real Nazis to deal with.
The identity politics of the left and pro immigrant stance of a lot of Western nations have played a direct role in the growth of the Alt Right. There is an irony that groups like Antifa, who proclaim to fight Nazi's (while using many of the same tactics), have played a direct role in formation of true white identity groups.

I've seen this in the US that the liberal media has called everyone who disagree's with them some version of bigot, -phobe, racist or Nazi that when someone comes around who is actually a Nazi, that a great deal of people don't pay attention because its business as usual. I believe it was a holocaust denier in Chicago who ran unopposed on the GOP ticket, which honestly I don't think has a snowballs chance given how liberal Chicago is but it is an issue. I don't want real Nazi's in government but the mainstream media has cried wolf so much no one pays any heed.
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarSnake Eyes WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator Award
Immerael is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
countdankula, free