The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
Staccs
More butts, more bucks, never giving more fucks

Nation: RaccNation
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Staccs

Default Really? Some people...

I don't want to spark up this whole debate again but I just wanted to show you how stupid some people are..

Quote:
Bombs are already illegal numbnuts
Yet.. two bombs went off and more were found. so much for criminals following the law.

Quote:
Stupid photo. As Murray said, those explosives would have already been illegal. -.-
Again..?

Quote:
To all the people out there who are trying to defend their rights to have guns, what do they for you? They are killing machines designed to kill. For what reason are you defending your precious gun rights? If no one has guns, will you need one?
I actually responded to this one.

"Criminals do not obey laws. If you take away our right to own guns, the only people that will be affected will be law abiding citizens. Criminals don't obey laws, they sure as hell won't obey any that either outlaw guns, or restricts access to them. I, for one, do not trust the police to protect me. So as soon as I turn 18, I'm getting myself one. For what? To protect my home."

an awesome comment;

Quote:
because making bombs illegal and banned stops people from getting them. oh wait...
Quote:
Is the guns that is being blamed or the almost unfettered access to guns??? Context, some people need to get themselves some.
That is what I have a problem. That is what we should be fixing. Not outlawing every freaking gun.
ODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement Award
Staccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
Tzar Rob 
Killer's Bitch

Nation: The Shelter

Discord name: TzarRob|Legion

Default Re: Really? Some people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staccs View Post
That is what I have a problem. That is what we should be fixing. Not outlawing every freaking gun.
I agree with you on that one. The problem isnt guns, its who gets their hands on one. Also, I just dont see a reason why assault rifles need a place in our modern day society.
Coalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarNSO WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomic Program Service Award
Tzar Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
Lord Emperor Clot
No, not really....

Nation: Clotvania

If we do reopen the debate, the crime is how we treat and help our mentally ill people. Or really, how we don't. We have the best medicines in history, and house most of our people with chronic problems in prison, where the state puts them on state insurance, which means the individual is sent to square one, with the most basic diagnosis, often the most ill-fitting meds. The ill who are homeless, old poor also benefit from this great system. They are often put in low rent, private contract facilities where our counties put all their old and poor and homeless. In short, we don't have a system. Ad we wonder why our culture is the way it is.
Equilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardDefense Medal of ValorEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service Ribbon
Lord Emperor Clot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
Staccs
More butts, more bucks, never giving more fucks

Nation: RaccNation

Discord name: Staccs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Rob View Post
I agree with you on that one. The problem isnt guns, its who gets their hands on one. Also, I just dont see a reason why assault rifles need a place in our modern day society.
I dunno much about guns, but is there a difference between military pistols and normal pistols? or what? because if there is, I don't see any point in civilians having military weapons.
ODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement Award
Staccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
Anson
Owner of Pixel Nations

Nation: Anson

Discord name: Anson

I support the signing of laws that give you tax incentives to lawfully own and know how to properly use guns. The best way to end gun violence is to make it so that more people know how they are used, how to use them properly, to teach people the right mentality to use one, and to also teach them how to properly defend themselves. This gripe fest about taking guns away is actually making more people stock up on guns. If they really wanted to remove guns from more peoples' hands, all they'd have to do is teach everyone how to use them and show them what sort of damage can be done by owning one.

I know personally, I own a few different weapons but have them locked away. I learned that the amount of damage a single shot can do to a watermelon and a pumpkin is intense, and so I'm less likely to go off the deep end and shoot someone. I've seen the damage it can do on a vegetable with similar consistency. I still know how to shoot, but I do so more for sport.
Anson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staccs View Post
I dunno much about guns, but is there a difference between military pistols and normal pistols? or what? because if there is, I don't see any point in civilians having military weapons.
I agree that only the government should have access to military grade weapons. When the second amendment was written, the founders couldn't possibly have envisioned automatic armor piercing weapons with 30 round clips. That kind of power is only safe in the hands of the government.

In the same way, I think only the government should have access to mass media like TV and the internet. When the first amendment was written, the founders couldn't possibly have envisioned that you could instantly communicate with millions of people in an instant on any topic basically for free. That kind of power is only safe in the hands of the government.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
killer04
Dinky Doo

Nation: Iwait

Discord name: killer04

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
I agree that only the government should have access to military grade weapons. When the second amendment was written, the founders couldn't possibly have envisioned automatic armor piercing weapons with 30 round clips. That kind of power is only safe in the hands of the government.

In the same way, I think only the government should have access to mass media like TV and the internet. When the first amendment was written, the founders couldn't possibly have envisioned that you could instantly communicate with millions of people in an instant on any topic basically for free. That kind of power is only safe in the hands of the government.
I know for a fact that automatic weapons made after 1984 are illegal, and to own one made before that requires permits and heavy background checks. Regarding armor piercing ammo, iirc ammo designed to pierce armor is illegal. Just about ANY rifle round can pierce body armor that is worn on a daily basis by law enforcement.

Quote:
[20:55] <~Wenulu> i will have to invest in a new stalker
[20:55] <&killer04|Legion|HMFIC> manoka does a good job
[20:55] <~Wenulu> omg
[20:56] <~Wenulu> no thanks ill keep you
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> let em have it
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
killer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #8
IronsightSniper
Legion's Resident AppleJack

Nation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer04 View Post
I know for a fact that automatic weapons made after 1984 are illegal, and to own one made before that requires permits and heavy background checks. Regarding armor piercing ammo, iirc ammo designed to pierce armor is illegal. Just about ANY rifle round can pierce body armor that is worn on a daily basis by law enforcement.
sure you can kill a few deputies but the idea is that without AP it's gonna be hard for you to kill SWAT members. really though, if the argument for guns is to safeguard people from the government, then you're going to need far more than 80 million people with 240 million small arms because the u.s. military can bulldoze through that if given the time to. you can get into the nuances of supplying the military for that, which is almost entirely a civilian venture, but generally speaking if you pit the u.s. military against joe rebel, joe rebel's dead.
Coalition WarKarma WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
IronsightSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #9
killer04
Dinky Doo

Nation: Iwait

Discord name: killer04

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronsightSniper View Post
sure you can kill a few deputies but the idea is that without AP it's gonna be hard for you to kill SWAT members. really though, if the argument for guns is to safeguard people from the government, then you're going to need far more than 80 million people with 240 million small arms because the u.s. military can bulldoze through that if given the time to. you can get into the nuances of supplying the military for that, which is almost entirely a civilian venture, but generally speaking if you pit the u.s. military against joe rebel, joe rebel's dead.
What point are you trying to make?

Quote:
[20:55] <~Wenulu> i will have to invest in a new stalker
[20:55] <&killer04|Legion|HMFIC> manoka does a good job
[20:55] <~Wenulu> omg
[20:56] <~Wenulu> no thanks ill keep you
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> let em have it
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
killer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #10
IronsightSniper
Legion's Resident AppleJack

Nation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer04 View Post
What point are you trying to make?
guns aren't there to safeguard against tyranny anymore because the forces of tyranny is stronger than that.
Coalition WarKarma WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
IronsightSniper is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
people