The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Nation: Neepolito Harnilito
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: VanikHardil

Alliance:
bjalbert

Default United States Marine Corps

I don't know but I've been told; Alaskan pussy is mighty cold!
This is my Rifle, this is my Gun! This is for shooting, this is for fun!
(Full Metal Jacket is one awesome movie)

I have decided that I want to join the United States Marine Corps. I have sent in a application for more information and me and mom are going to talk to a Recruiter sometime in the next couple weeks. If I get accepted I will be put through 12 weeks of pure hellish training, then another 4 years of training/service/etc/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
Probably the one where you watch your step sister frig herself from the doorway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
Anyone can send 14 million troops into the wood chipper. That doesn't mean you learned anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Rob View Post
I have been busy as a ballsack in an orgy.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Improved Legionnaire
Vanik Hardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
Lord Fingolfin
Banned

Nation: Dorthonion

Discord name: LordFingolfin

Default Re: United States Marine Corps

You're enlisting? Hmmm, I'd recommend going to OCS or doing ROTC so you can come in as a Second Lieutenant. Going in as a private you have much more limited opportunities, can only top out as a senior NCO. Just my .02
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarNuclear SurvivorGeneral Government Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Lord Fingolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
killer04
Dinky Doo

Nation: Iwait

Discord name: killer04

Good luck after high school i'm joining army have u gone to college or a eagle scout cause I believe u could get promoted for that if u want I can send u the fitness requirements needed to graduate basic given to me by friend rank 1stSgt

Quote:
[20:55] <~Wenulu> i will have to invest in a new stalker
[20:55] <&killer04|Legion|HMFIC> manoka does a good job
[20:55] <~Wenulu> omg
[20:56] <~Wenulu> no thanks ill keep you
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> let em have it
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
killer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Alliance:
bjalbert

I don't know.. I still have to get the more information, and mom just told me that we are going to see the Recruiter tomorrow.

And no I am still in high school Killer. And I could use those requirements, they will help me a lot beforehand. Thanks!

Quote:
Probably the one where you watch your step sister frig herself from the doorway.
Quote:
Anyone can send 14 million troops into the wood chipper. That doesn't mean you learned anything.
Quote:
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Improved Legionnaire
Old 06-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
killer04
Dinky Doo

A reason u should be a officer is more pay and the awesome club my dad is a Lt. Col. and where he is stationed it has a awesome officer club

Quote:
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Old 06-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #6
FreeMason
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Nation: Sexi Thyme

I have a friend who just finished basic for the Marines. Once you finish it, you'll be a very different person. For example, my friend, who used to be very relaxed and laid back, is now extremely rigid with an extremely dry sense of humor. He's also alot more callous. "Yeah, we may have to kill those guys. Whatever. I just follow orders." I love the guy, but he's way different now. Whatever. If that's what you want to do, go for it. If nothing else it'll make you a certified badass.
Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
FreeMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #7
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Alliance:
bjalbert

lol, I don't think I can be a officer. I am pretty sure that is for older people..
Quote:
You must have college coursework toward a Bachelor’s degree underway or completed before applying for the officer commissioning programs. Those still in college will become part of the Platoon Leaders Class, and those who have a college degree will
complete the Officer Candidate Course.
I looked through the things and I am only eligible to enter as a 'enlisted'

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #8
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Alliance:
bjalbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMason View Post
I have a friend who just finished basic for the Marines. Once you finish it, you'll be a very different person. For example, my friend, who used to be very relaxed and laid back, is now extremely rigid with an extremely dry sense of humor. He's also alot more callous. "Yeah, we may have to kill those guys. Whatever. I just follow orders." I love the guy, but he's way different now. Whatever. If that's what you want to do, go for it. If nothing else it'll make you a certified badass.
What do you think I am in it for? (j/k)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #9
killer04
Dinky Doo

I'm going to a scaled down version of basic for jrotc it's called summer leadership school the instructors will try to get in he head and break u down also find out if corefram shoes are allowed they are like plastic and real shiny and keep u from shinig shoes u just spray with cleaner and scrub for a second I'm buying some this weeked also u might want a ruler idk if they are allowed but most likely the instructors will try to do anything to yell at you things can't be a milimeter out of place

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #10
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Alliance:
bjalbert

Yeah so I heard. Were you going to send me that fitness info?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
corps, marine, states, united