The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:17 AM   #141
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: Favorite Movie

the big lebowski

I see why this movie has a cult following

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:33 AM   #142
MeltedLazerz
The Supreme Ducktator

Nation: Jakulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitermer View Post
Anyone seen Cloud Atlas?
I would highly recommend it if you have a decent attention span (3 hours long and can get a bit confusing)
I saw it and thought it was decent but nothing particularly spectacular. It was very well done but a little too long, too many narratives occurring at once sometimes distracted from the point. also it was a tad cliche.

it's certainly a very polarizing movie, some people I know absolutely love it and some absolutely hate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
ML is best duck
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonEducation AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
MeltedLazerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #143
bitermer

Nation: Bitermeria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltedLazerz View Post
I saw it and thought it was decent but nothing particularly spectacular. It was very well done but a little too long, too many narratives occurring at once sometimes distracted from the point. also it was a tad cliche.

it's certainly a very polarizing movie, some people I know absolutely love it and some absolutely hate it.
tbh the first time I saw it was a bit confused with all the storylines and details, but after the second time it was much better as you get all the bits you missed the first time. Some scenes were a bit cliche i agree, but the dialogue/screenwriting was incredible!

Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceFunniest LegionnaireSpam-A-Thon Winner
bitermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #144
williams
GPA Ambassador

Nation: Vulgria

Discord name: Williams

Alliance:
Green Protection Agency

I would have to say An Interview with A Vampire. I love Vampire movies (- Twilight) and this was fantastic, just like the book. It shows the hardships of being a Vampire, so it is more realistic and focuses on the problems Vampires would have, not sparkly either helps.
williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:45 AM   #145
Lord Emperor Clot
No, not really....

Nation: Clotvania

Recently seen, in order of non-suckiness:

Man of Steel: Very nicely done with a new lead man and camera work that was top level. I loved it when they were throwing around (at the end fight scene) a tanker truck with "Lexcorp" on the side! Subtle goodies. Good flick.

Iron Man 3- Go get 'em, Ms. Potts!

Star Trek- Into Darkness. Hmmphm. Bringing back Khan? Really? If I hear "I am, and always shall be, your friend" one more time... c'mon.

GI Joe: Retaliation- I only went because my son begged me to go. Much better than I expected! Johnson and Willis revived the franchise, IMHO. But I still think of little plastic army dolls when I hear the movie title.

So what should I see next?
Equilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardDefense Medal of ValorEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service Ribbon
Lord Emperor Clot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:25 AM   #146
bitermer

The Iron Giant

Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceFunniest LegionnaireSpam-A-Thon Winner
Old 07-24-2015, 08:11 PM   #147
Kiquers Duratzloff

Nation: Duratzloff

Alliance:
Armpit Platoon

Inside Out! It is really good! Warning! it is really emotional at the end.
Kiquers Duratzloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:02 PM   #148
Lord Emperor Clot
No, not really....

Nation: Clotvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiquers Duratzloff View Post
Inside Out! It is really good! Warning! it is really emotional at the end.
YES!!!
Well written, and the producers consulted psych professionals who know the field! When the teenage boy meets the girl... priceless.
Equilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardDefense Medal of ValorEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service Ribbon
Lord Emperor Clot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:09 PM   #149
bitermer

I really enjoyed that one too. Even the opening short was great!

Old 07-25-2015, 12:03 AM   #150
mojo882

Nation: kolsara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Emperor Clot View Post
YES!!!
Well written, and the producers consulted psych professionals who know the field! When the teenage boy meets the girl... priceless.
clearly the best scene was when the mum was trying to get the dads attention at the dinner table
Unjust WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator Award
mojo882 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
favorite, movie