The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 09-23-2021, 02:17 AM   #11
Xineoph 

Nation: Um
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Xineoph

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Kerensky View Post
Justin Trudeu is secretly the illegitimate child of Fidel Castro and you cannot change my mind!
I say he's the lovechild of Ted Cruz and Castro. He is destined to be the new-age zodiac killer, the Starbucks lover.

That said NDP is superior to Liberal and PPC is superior to Conservative. Those two same parties do more of the same and do more of nothing.
Second Polar WarWSA WarOne Day WarGreat War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Xineoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:05 PM   #12
scozy 
the bloodthirsty

Nation: Kenoland

Discord name: scozy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xineoph View Post
That said NDP is superior to Liberal and PPC is superior to Conservative. Those two same parties do more of the same and do more of nothing.
FPTP voting will do that: you end up with two parties with different rhetorics but ultimately very similar politics. Liberals would like to have PV so they can be assured a majority for the next 1000 years as long as they remain the mildest and most central party. Personally I'd like to see something closer to what you've got in Israel.

Doom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service Award
scozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 12:58 AM   #13
Xineoph 

For those wondering, our democracy works like this. It's a popular vote and you are allocated an amount of seats depending on percentage of popular you vote get with the current minimum of threshhold being 3.25% - what happens with the rest of the percent (let's say 5% of the vote went to parties that did not pass the the threshold), it gets weighed against the other parties own popular votes making adjustments to slightly increase.

We have a max of 120 seats, and you need a coalition of 61 to be considered a government along with agreeing who the Prime Minister is.

It is hell right now. Right now the parties are split between Likud/Netanyahu and the Religious parties and everyone else.

Everyone else being a hodgepodge of mostly what you'd defined as right parties, but also leftist and one Arab nationalist party.
They are walking on eggshells, and the only tying them together is two items:
1. Anyone but Netanyahu.
2. We will not discuss Independent statehood for the Palestinian Authority. Status Quo for now.
Second Polar WarWSA WarOne Day WarGreat War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Old 09-24-2021, 10:50 AM   #14
Pigeon 3000
Our Feathered Friend.

Nation: Flapland

Discord name: None

Speaking of Israel not sure why I just got this article

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...els-occupation

P.S like my new propaganda custom signature I made today?
Pigeon 3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:46 AM   #15
scozy 
the bloodthirsty

Nation: Kenoland

Discord name: scozy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeon 3000 View Post
Speaking of Israel not sure why I just got this article

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...els-occupation
I think there never was a discussion about the Israel-Palestine conflict in these forums. I like it that way.

Doom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service Award
scozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 12:25 PM   #16
Xineoph 

I am happier discussing the conflict far away on my special boards.
Old 09-25-2021, 01:59 PM   #17
Pigeon 3000
Our Feathered Friend.

Nation: Flapland

Discord name: None

Ok sorry I will stick to other topics, Its just I close the tab and get that article, I thought it was a strange coincidence
Pigeon 3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
canadian, election