The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:33 AM   #11
The Corporal
Agent 47, Silent Assassin

Nation: New Milwaukee
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Alliance:
Molon Labe

Default Re: Clinton says US could "obliterate" Iran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptMcArthur View Post
The problem with nuclear weapons is that no country would ever use them, however there are certain groups and people who would, and thats always the problem. I don't see anything wrong with nuclear power (well, no, thats not true. You Yanks seem to have problems disposing of the waste) but nuclear weapons are pretty nasty. I think most people are not educated of nuclear power. One day I was forced to give an impromptu speech to my class on why nuclear power plants could not actually go up in a mushroom cloud, barely anybody knew it, and they all must have thought that a nuclear power plant was similar to plugging some copper cables into an armed warhead
The official position of the United States government has been that any country that launches a nuclear, biological, or chemical attack would be retaliated upon by a similar attack. Since we no longer stockpile chemical weapons nor do we have any biological weapons, any one of those attacks would be met with nuclear firepower. Let's hope Iran isn't that stupid.

I know what you mean about nuclear power; so many people are ignorant of the process it makes me sick. But that is why we have Facebook groups like 'For those of us who aren't afraid of nuclear power.' I wish more people would take energy resources classes or nuclear reactor operations classes. I learned that the only way you can get significant radiation released from UW's research reactor is that you would have to pack the pool of the reactor full of explosives. Of course, there's a little problem with where the water goes and the fact that that is a semi-truck full of explosives. Or how you could steal the fuel bundles to take them somewhere to attempt to extract the uranium, to attempt to convert the uranium into a useful form for weapons construction, but the 10,000 rads of radiation one foot away from a bundle (in air) would kill you before you could get the damn thing out of the building. Common sense things like that seem to evade people who are against nuclear power...
The Corporal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:50 AM   #12
Villalba
Ill nail those traitors to the senate floor

Nation: Nueva Esparta

And so comes the reason, as to why i really truly fully hate Hillary Clinton. She is a phony, genocidal psychopat.
Coalition WarIch Dien Silver Award
Villalba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:33 AM   #13
ShadowPhoenix
Retired Legionnaire

Nation: Mindfire

I'm going to go stockpile supplies if she's elected. Or get Sinatra to find me a good place to live in the UK.
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
ShadowPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:48 AM   #14
Sinatra

Nation: The Rat Pack

Alliance:
The Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowPhoenix View Post
I'm going to go stockpile supplies if she's elected. Or get Sinatra to find me a good place to live in the UK.
Funny you should mention that mate. The 8billion whisky bottles I get through per year are stacked outside my house and now resemble a house in shape. You can lodge in my booze palace!! and if you lick the walls you'll get drunk
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Gold AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Sinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #15
ShadowPhoenix
Retired Legionnaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
Funny you should mention that mate. The 8billion whisky bottles I get through per year are stacked outside my house and now resemble a house in shape. You can lodge in my booze palace!! and if you lick the walls you'll get drunk
Sweet!
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Old 04-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #16
Imperial
Who this?

Nation: The Imperial Empire

Discord name: Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corporal View Post
The official position of the United States government has been that any country that launches a nuclear, biological, or chemical attack would be retaliated upon by a similar attack. Since we no longer stockpile chemical weapons nor do we have any biological weapons, any one of those attacks would be met with nuclear firepower. Let's hope Iran isn't that stupid.
This why we looked the other way as Saddam used chemical weapons to fight Iran, then used them against the Kurds? The US has selective attention. If it suits our own interests, like fighting radical Iranians, then we turn a blind eye. We obviously didn't nuke Iraq nor will be start nuking anyone for that matter. If Iran nukes Israel, the US could nuke Iran. But be prepared for massive fallout, IE Russia & China.

Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Imperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #17
CptMcArthur

Nation: Armeehauptquartier

So to conclude, anybody want to sell me a gas mask?
CptMcArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #18
ShadowPhoenix
Retired Legionnaire

Quote:
You'll need a rad-suit too, just in case.

Though, if you manage to be at ground zero, I guess it doesn't really matter.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #19
The Corporal
Agent 47, Silent Assassin

Nation: New Milwaukee

Alliance:
Molon Labe

Quote:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com

Mil-surplus Czech cheek-filter gas masks for $10, Finnish canister masks for $40, Israeli civilian canister masks (NATO standard) for $90-100.

And Imperial, Saddam used chemical weapons a year before the U.S., U.K., Soviet Union, Singapore, Italy, and France came to his aid. Yes, France. Blame Jacque Chirac, I'm sure millions of French did.
The Corporal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:07 AM   #20
Villalba
Ill nail those traitors to the senate floor

Nation: Nueva Esparta

Thats why im going with Barack, he is the only logical choice.

Iran is too predictable. It is perfectly clear that they are not building chems, or nukes. They don't have that high capacity, theirs is very limited to power plants only. And if Amhadehijad believes he can wipe out Israel, he better think again. We allready know what Israel is capable of doing. Heck they have even beaten an entire coalition of Arab nations, when they faced an oil embargo. In just 100 days of pure military defense.

And as for Clinton saying that the US could wipe out Iran, with a nuclear attack. Then it just goes to show you. That both sides, are full of bull.
Coalition WarIch Dien Silver Award
Villalba is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
clinton, iran, obliterate