The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

View Poll Results: Who will Win if these country's go to war?
The United States 46 74.19%
Russia 5 8.06%
China 11 17.74%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2010, 04:39 PM   #11
Zyvexal
Legion's Resident Chinaman

Nation: Zyvexal
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: Who has the most powerful military?

you guys keep saying the Chinese have huge numbers, that's true, but we also have very good training. It won't just be a zergling rush, it might not be a wave of ultralisks, but at least waves of hydralisks. yeah?
[19:19:52] * @Feibelman cries
“If a single member of a family eats, the whole family will not feel hungry." - Ave Legio!!!!
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonHero of the LegionSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service Ribbon
Zyvexal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
Master Holton
Polar now

Nation: The Tamrielic Empire

Discord name: Holton

Alliance:
New Polar Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyvexal View Post
you guys keep saying the Chinese have huge numbers, that's true, but we also have very good training. It won't just be a zergling rush, it might not be a wave of ultralisks, but at least waves of hydralisks. yeah?
He complemented Hydra.

Get him.
Doomhouse WarSpammiest Legionnaire
Master Holton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #13
Horus Voss
A really cool guy!

Nation: Elysian Empire

China and Russia are pretty big and hard to invade too if you're the US.
Horus Voss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #14
SickLaxBro
Would Anyone Care to Lax?

Nation: SticksAndStones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus Voss View Post
China and Russia are pretty big and hard to invade too if you're the US.
Yes, but there are many more places from which you can invade from. A land invasion is much easier then invading by sea.

Numbers won't really mean anything when nukes are flying. We should be debating who has the better nuclear bunkers.
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
SickLaxBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #15
David Ben-Gurion
Veteran Financial Despot

Nation: Swiss Confederation

Discord name: David Ben-Gurion

The Chinese have nuclear bunkers built out of cheap plastic and dried up rice so I will give the point to the US on that one. I'm not counting Russia because they suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadian Empire
She sits down and then I say, "Okay, I'll help you with maths now?"

She looks at me and says, "Please leave, you're a distraction."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadian Empire
She encouraged me to get onto Tinder... and she said she matched up with random guys but she'd never take it any further. Meanwhile I only matched with bots or with girls who would unmatch with me after I said something. Oh well
Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarODN WarMaroon WarNSO WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
David Ben-Gurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #16
killer04
Dinky Doo

Nation: Iwait

Discord name: killer04

Most likely these countries will never go to war with each other. None of them have enough resources to invade the other with out alerting them. The easiest would be China and Russia, but I think thats some nasty terrain.

Quote:
[20:55] <~Wenulu> i will have to invest in a new stalker
[20:55] <&killer04|Legion|HMFIC> manoka does a good job
[20:55] <~Wenulu> omg
[20:56] <~Wenulu> no thanks ill keep you
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> let em have it
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
killer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #17
MeltedLazerz
The Supreme Ducktator

Nation: Jakulia

Russia has the most nukes, but they're so disorganized and the gov is so shitty that they'd get crushed. US has more nukes and is harder to invade than China, though I would agree that it would turn out to be a pretty even fight.

Also, I would say that they're all highly interdependent and don't want a big war and so most likely wouldn't go to war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
ML is best duck
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonEducation AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
MeltedLazerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #18
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits

1984 was basically about why Russia, America, and China could never win a conventional war with each other. Russia has climate to defend it, China has the people and cultural mindset to hold off an invasion, and America has 2 oceans. The reason there hasn't and won't be a WW3 is because even without nukes, no super power could win.

If our armies fought in some neutral arena like Africa or central Asia, I think American equipment is the best, but culturally we don't have an overseas slugfest in us. We'd pull back and play defense.

Between Russia and China, Russians have better tech for now, and better training, but lack the numbers to fight a human wave. China however lacks the water and food production to fight a long war, because they import so much food from America and the rest of the world.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #19
DanDesade
déjà vu all over again

Nation: Atlantia

This is MAD (mutually assured destruction)
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest Legionnaire
DanDesade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:31 AM   #20
IronsightSniper
Legion's Resident AppleJack

Nation:

Meh, even though Russian equipment is statistically superior to U.S. or Chinese equipment(who are licensed to reproduce them anyways), Russia under vast economic neglect of their armed forces, they simply can't spam their modern equipment to the Front lines. America has fair equipment and good training, and not to mention the power of our economics, but in the longer runs, we are bound to be outpaced by Russian technology and Chinese front line armaments, simply because the growing economic strengths of Russia and China would allow them to further develop and arm their militaries. Anywho, everybody is saying China would win by sheer numbers, in the sense that they would utilize them in human wave attacks, but that is simply untrue. I admit that I have done zero research in regards to Chinese personal body armor, but I doubt that a Human wave tactic would be used. As I've said before, there is a Triangle to military victory, on one side to victory, is Men and Equipment. On that note, China and Russia both are evenly matched. On the other, is Strategy and Tactics. On that note, Russia and U.S. are match. And on the final side to Victory is logistics, on that note, the U.S. and China are matched. Therefor, it's a neutral war, and everyone's gonna die. War is bad, lets have sex.
Coalition WarKarma WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
IronsightSniper is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
military, powerful