The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Legion Lounge Off-topic discussion, relaxation & spam.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
Konkrage
Xineoph touched me here.

Nation: Konkrage1
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Website For Freelance Coders?

Do any of you know of a website where I can find some freelance coders that 1) Know objective C and 2) aren't out the ass expensive?

Thanks!

Casualties Peak Rank: #1 Defending, #3 Overall
Nukes Sent: 482 | Nukes Taken: 165

Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarBi-cycle War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Konkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
Justin The Terrible
A Mucky Pup

Nation: USSRII

Default Re: Website For Freelance Coders?

rent a coder is good-ish
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarNuclear SurvivorSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Justin The Terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
TheManWithoutAPlan
Detective Duck on Duty!

Nation: CluelessLand

Discord name: IrishMan|Legion

If you ask me next year,
I can do basic crap
Doomhouse WarNuclear SurvivorEconomics Distinguished Service Award
TheManWithoutAPlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
Konkrage
Xineoph touched me here.

Nation: Konkrage1

Can you link me justin? The place I ended up at doesn't seem to be something you'd be referring to.

Casualties Peak Rank: #1 Defending, #3 Overall
Nukes Sent: 482 | Nukes Taken: 165

Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarBi-cycle War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Konkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
Justin The Terrible
A Mucky Pup

Nation: USSRII

http://www.rent-acoder.com/

http://www.elance.com
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarNuclear SurvivorSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Justin The Terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #6
JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS
10th Legion Gemina...Julius Caesar's Men

Nation: TERRA ROMANORVM

Discord name: Josephivs

Perfect just what I needed too but I need someone that can do code in C for a microcontroller.
Tetris WarIch Dien Silver AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 06:45 AM   #7
Wesley Grier
Wesley Grier

Have you ever hired programmers in your company? Share your experience.
Wesley Grier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:30 AM   #8
scozy 
the bloodthirsty

Nation: Kenoland

Discord name: scozy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Grier View Post
Have you ever hired programmers in your company? Share your experience.
Back when I was working as a postdoc in a university research lab, my boss would sometimes hire programmers for unspecified reasons and ask me to assign work to them.

I would assign them to low-stake projects where they wouldn't be a hindrance to me and expect them never to complete the work. They never disappointed in that respect.

There were pros and cons of this approach.

Main pro: Because they never completed the work I assigned them and my boss went behind my back to ask them to report to him, I mostly could just forget they existed.

Main con: I would sometimes decide to do a task I assigned to one of them because I suddenly needed it done, which required me either assigning them a new task or hoping my boss wouldn't figure out they were working on something that was already completed. Not that it would make a difference, since none of them ever completed anything in the two years I spent there.

Doom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service Award
scozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 01:41 PM   #9
Xineoph 

Nation: Um

Discord name: Xineoph

Did any of them care that you kept taking them away form tasks, why didn't they ever succeed at their work?
Second Polar WarWSA WarOne Day WarGreat War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Xineoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 06:19 AM   #10
scozy 
the bloodthirsty

Nation: Kenoland

Discord name: scozy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xineoph View Post
Did any of them care that you kept taking them away form tasks
To be fair I can only remember this happening once. I asked the guy if he'd made any progress and he told me no. Honestly, I'm not even sure he was still trying to work on it. So I told him I'd do it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xineoph View Post
why didn't they ever succeed at their work?
They didn't have the required skills nor the interest and/or capacity of developping them on their own. Which both my PI and them knew before they started working.

I'm not mean, I would assign them the easiest tasks I could, but no dice.

Doom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service Award
scozy is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Tags
coders, freelance, website