The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Legion Lounge Off-topic discussion, relaxation & spam.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #71
Abas64
The hardest thing to open is a closed mind

Nation: United
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Abas64

Default Re: Sure is a pretty forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volgan View Post
Indeed, old bean, there would appear to be quite a difference. One I am happy to maintain.

Once again let me point out that I have seen nothing on the ODN forum that suggests we will have reps. And I am entirely confident that we will not ask them.
Maybe we should discuss this further over a good strong cuppa.

Quote:
I wondered. If we should expect such lenient terms in the unthinkable and increasingly improbable event you should somehow win.
That is where your wrong boy!

Our odds are as good as ever and by god we will make you all pay.

As for what will happen after... it's up for the people at the top to decide!

'Cowards may die many times before their deaths.'
Abas64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #72
Volgan

Nation: Upperlands

Alliance:
Orange Defence Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Pancras View Post
Given that ODN only declared on us in support of one of the C&G alliances who wanted to defend GOONS because of a defensive pact, and given that we only attacked GOONS in defence of NPO because of a defensive pact, I suspect that ODN and Legion will end conflict when the 'parent' conflict ends whom we both declared in support of.
I agree, we are well enough removed from the epicentre of this conflict to have an understanding at the end of things. I could live with that. What does impress me is that despite all of the debates the Network had about the morality and supporting GOONs or the flimsy reasons for the initial outbreak of war we all moved as one.

As a soldier I felt immense pride. The whistles blew, the pals of the Network let out a roar and left their trenches en-masse and stormed the enemy lines. Not once, not twice, but three times - so far. Each time we have given many times more than we have received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
stranger things have happened. I refer you to the bi-polar war.
Indeed Tom. There is still a lot of milage in this war. Dont misconstrue what I'm saying I dont for a second consider Legion as beng defeated. I certainly do not, as a matter of form, intend to come here and brag. That would be beneath me. Only after the signitures on the peace treaties are dry will I tell who the winners and losers are. Fight long, fight hard is my motto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMason View Post
The important thing about war is that it's less about winning than it is about not losing. And I think we can handle that.
Nothing wrong with being optimistic my friend. . Prepare for the next time and such. Revenge will be had I am sure. But I agree, any Alliance can pick itself up after losing a million NS in a war. Usually shuffle their leadership and do a bit of educating on war tactics/prepardness.

We have learned lessions in the past too. The Network places immense importance on warchests. Its our number one priority, I expect the Legion is the same, and we will examine why we had a few staggers went wrong. All in all we embrace a positive attitude to self improvement, asking question in a democratic environment and discussing how best to improve will always see an Alliance through its bad times. Theres is always the future.
Volgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #73
Volgan

Nation: Upperlands

Alliance:
Orange Defence Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abas64 View Post

Sir, you bluster . And yes a strong cuppa would be nice actually .

Seriously though. Calm yourself. Talk to me like a reasonable person. You must have something on your mind otherwise you wouldn't be here posting.
Volgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #74
FreeMason
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Nation: Sexi Thyme

Quote:
Nothing wrong with being optimistic my friend. . Prepare for the next time and such. Revenge will be had I am sure. But I agree, any Alliance can pick itself up after losing a million NS in a war. Usually shuffle their leadership and do a bit of educating on war tactics/prepardness.
Optimistic? Nah, I feel I'm being pretty realistic. I've actually earned $2mil fighting you guys. I feel pretty confident in our ability to turn this around. And our leaders are doing a damn good job considering our odds. This war is just beginning my friend.
Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
FreeMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #75
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Nation: Neepolito Harnilito

Discord name: VanikHardil

Alliance:
bjalbert

Bahahaha. Good man Freemason. So far I have fought 4 opponents this war. I am on my way to ZI. And I have never felt better about our odds. With more nations like me entering the lower tiers, you best expect to see mingled bodies a-flying.

Much love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
Probably the one where you watch your step sister frig herself from the doorway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
Anyone can send 14 million troops into the wood chipper. That doesn't mean you learned anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Rob View Post
I have been busy as a ballsack in an orgy.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Improved Legionnaire
Vanik Hardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #76
Assarax
Lurkin'

Nation: Xandedrat

Discord name: Assarax

Quote:

First of all, I'd like to state that Abas64 does not speak for me or the alliance. He is an ambassador and is only expressing his own feelings about the matter.

Abas64 - knock it off. Volgan is not here trolling and has actually conducted himself better than most ODNers that have come to this forum as of late. You also do not speak for The Legion, so please refrain from posting things like that unless you have authorization from myself or Watcher to do so.

Legion at this point has not discussed any ideas about reps in the event that we were to win this war. I'd like to be clear on that.

I also had a chat with ODN's Sec-Gen last night regarding Legion's war effort and surrendering, and I will tell you the exact same thing I told him -- that The Legion has no intention of surrendering any time soon, period. We won't bend to MK that easily.

More Nukes! Less Sophie!

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced an inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth."
~ Thomas Jefferson, "Notes on Virginia"

May the streets run Orange with ODN blood! I still <3 you though, BDCC.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Loyalty AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Assarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #77
skrewer

Nation: Shinra United

As an old and aging Legionnaire, I must say I was sorry to see orrple decline into decrepit state that it eventually died in. I'm still bitter towards ODN, and personally, feel betrayed by the friends we once cherished. I unfortunately harbor much ill will against odn as a whole, especially as I've watched them grow closer and closer to resembling the likes of the trolls in the diseased alliance known as MK. It is a shame that a person such as yourself feels pride in the alliance that you do not even fit in (per your own words concerning your voice having less than no weight in your alliance). I have been only increasingly disappointed in odn as they drift farther and farther away from the noble alliance they once were.
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarKarma WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorInternal Affairs General Service Citation
skrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:56 AM   #78
Abas64
The hardest thing to open is a closed mind

Nation: United

Discord name: Abas64

Quote:
Sir, you bluster .
I am very calm and collected

Quote:
And yes a strong cuppa would be nice actually .

Quote:
Seriously though. Calm yourself. Talk to me like a reasonable person. You must have something on your mind otherwise you wouldn't be here posting.
but i am! and i have a lot on my mind at the moment.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assarax View Post
First of all, I'd like to state that Abas64 does not speak for me or the alliance. He is an ambassador and is only expressing his own feelings about the matter.

Abas64 - knock it off. Volgan is not here trolling and has actually conducted himself better than most ODNers that have come to this forum as of late. You also do not speak for The Legion, so please refrain from posting things like that unless you have authorization from myself or Watcher to do so.

Legion at this point has not discussed any ideas about reps in the event that we were to win this war. I'd like to be clear on that.

I also had a chat with ODN's Sec-Gen last night regarding Legion's war effort and surrendering, and I will tell you the exact same thing I told him -- that The Legion has no intention of surrendering any time soon, period. We won't bend to MK that easily.
Right i'll knock it off but i am afraid you misunderstood me.

I did not speak about reps at all in the reply that you quoted.
Abas64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #79
mojo882

Nation: kolsara

Quote:

Right i'll knock it off but i am afraid you misunderstood me.

I did not speak about reps at all in the reply that you quoted.
"we will make them pay" suggests reps

i imagine you meant pay with blood however it can be taken as pay with ££££.

EDIT: and i did actually lol @ your post. ty.
Unjust WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator Award
mojo882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #80
KaylaG
I love you MASTER

Nation: Capachica

ok i haven't read a lot but feel the need to post this...

1. Either side of the war can win... it's not over
2. We would love to win as you...
3. It's very possible for us to win so ya...

ok, im good....

Oh yea and I'm a girl...
KaylaG is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Tags
forum, pretty