The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:44 AM   #21
Pimptastic
Banned

Nation: Clockwise
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Anti-Clockwise

Default Re: American/Ohio law?

I would plead insanity or ask them to commute the electric chair down too life in prison, if your lucky with good behavior you will be out in 35-40 years but all depends on the parole boards if you get that far. Enjoy your new life in jail.
Pimptastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:29 AM   #22
Assarax
Lurkin'

Nation: Xandedrat

Discord name: Assarax

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer04 View Post
yes but if you refuse that can let the cop know your hiding something and if theres alcoholl on your breath i believe they have enough reason for a blood test which means they re almost definitly going to arrest you or if he sees the bottle it is in plain site in your possesion they can arrest you
It is true that if you refuse a breathalyzer test the officer can arrest you and do one at the station. Sometimes, if you're lucky, the amount of time it takes for them to search you, cuff you, read you your rights, put you in the car, take you to the station and test you will be enough time for you to come back down under the legal limit. This is not usually the case though. Mel is right though, never admit to any of the allegations the police will bring forth, and lie your ass off if you have done something wrong. It's gotten me out of trouble a couple of times. Never let the police search your car, although anything within plain sight of the windows is fair game, so don't be dumb and leave a bag of weed or an open beer container in there, and for chrissakes, don't go walking down the street holding a beer or liquor bottle/can if you're underage. For that matter, don't do it if you're of age... that's public intoxication right there.

Either way, make the cops work for every inch they take from you. Don't make their jobs easy, cuz you'll usually end up paying for it.

More Nukes! Less Sophie!

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced an inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth."
~ Thomas Jefferson, "Notes on Virginia"

May the streets run Orange with ODN blood! I still <3 you though, BDCC.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Loyalty AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Assarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:43 PM   #23
killer04
Dinky Doo

Nation: Iwait

Discord name: killer04

my opinion is dont let them doing anything or answer any questions, but dont be an ass about it cause then they will try to charge you with anything

Quote:
[20:55] <~Wenulu> i will have to invest in a new stalker
[20:55] <&killer04|Legion|HMFIC> manoka does a good job
[20:55] <~Wenulu> omg
[20:56] <~Wenulu> no thanks ill keep you
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> let em have it
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
killer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #24
Megamind

Nation: MLW worldwide

Discord name: Megamind

Here's my advise to all of you...move to Denmark!

You cannot be busted for underage drinking (because there is no age limit on consumption), you can legally buy at 16 (illegally probably at 14) and you don't have to worry about being arrested for being drunk in public as long as you behave yourself.

Other then that all I can say is: Stupid laws are stupid...
Great War IIICoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Megamind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #25
Helochut

Nation: Acadia

Scratch that, you should have been smarter. Drinking and driving is bad. A big fine probably and maybe a 30 day driving suspension is what your probably going to expect.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service Ribbon
Helochut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:33 AM   #26
Megamind

Nation: MLW worldwide

Discord name: Megamind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helochut View Post
Scratch that, you should have been smarter. Drinking and driving is bad. A big fine probably and maybe a 30 day driving suspension is what your probably going to expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
I wasn't driving at least i was walking home after a party for a friends 21st and grabbed one of my beers when i left and the cop apparently decided to be a dick.

Great War IIICoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Megamind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #27
Lord Maverick

Nation: Maverick Empire

there are only a few states that allow people to drink at the age of 18. think its only 2 states in the whole US. i know cause some of my online friends say they used to go across state to drink since it was legal for them to do it there
Lord Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
american, american or ohio, law