The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #11
Lord Necronomis
Queer for Hubb

Nation: Federation of Bone
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Necronomis

Default Re: Elementary School stooting in CT

I own a number of assault rifles. I used them for target practice, mostly. I find it fun to shoot different types of guns. I also use it to learn how different weapons work for different situations.

I personally feel that there's no reason why a person should not be educated and trained with the weapons of his time.
[03:18] * %DarthElecian[Legion] takes trout and slaps Necronomis|Legion around a bit
[03:19] * @Necronomis|Legion takes out a massive sword-handled razor-barbed dildo and smacks DarthElecian[Legion] around a lot with it.
[03:19] <%DarthElecian[Legion]> o_O
[03:19] <@Necronomis|Legion> don't fuck with me
[03:19] <%DarthElecian[Legion]> ....do not want
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Lord Necronomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #12
killer04
Dinky Doo

Nation: Iwait

Discord name: killer04

IIRC there was some county in Texas trying to arm their teachers and it might've actually happened. Also I really hope that the shooter is still alive. Since if what I understand about prison is correct other prisoners really hate people who beat up on women and children. No one can even try to imagine what those parent are going throug...

Quote:
[20:55] <~Wenulu> i will have to invest in a new stalker
[20:55] <&killer04|Legion|HMFIC> manoka does a good job
[20:55] <~Wenulu> omg
[20:56] <~Wenulu> no thanks ill keep you
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> let em have it
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
killer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
Hubb
Lyrical Gangster

Nation: WV United Republic

Discord name: Hubb[Legion]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPappaJ View Post
Well tell me what practical purpose an AR-15 has with a civilian?
Absolutely irrelevant. If I wanted sixty assault rifles in my house I'm within my rights to have them.

Criminals can obtain firearms whether we like it or not. Taking them away from law-abiding citizens is not the answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanik Hardil View Post
It is so damned hard to hate and love you at the same time..
My Legion Application: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Na...post&p=5772068

COLISEUM LEGIO CHAMPION

Nukes Eaten: SHIT TON
Nukes Given: YOUR MOM
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceMost Serious Legionnaire
Hubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #14
killer04
Dinky Doo

Nation: Iwait

Discord name: killer04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
Absolutely irrelevant. If I wanted sixty assault rifles in my house I'm within my rights to have them.

Criminals can obtain firearms whether we like it or not. Taking them away from law-abiding citizens is not the answer.
It seems like many news agencies and expertsalso seem to agree, saying that the issue that needs fixed is the mental health institution.

Quote:
[20:55] <~Wenulu> i will have to invest in a new stalker
[20:55] <&killer04|Legion|HMFIC> manoka does a good job
[20:55] <~Wenulu> omg
[20:56] <~Wenulu> no thanks ill keep you
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> let em have it
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
killer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPappaJ View Post
the rifle was a .223 AR-15 just going to show the public has no business with assault rifles.
Actually, if you go back to the Colorado shooting that happened a few months ago, he had an assault rifle along with other weapons and it would seem that that was the most dangerous weapon he had. However, it jammed almost immediately, and if that had been the only weapon he had had with him, there would have been far fewer deaths.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #16
Kivan
Trust us, we are a Committee

Nation: Nemiral

Discord name: KivanNemiral|Legion

Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
Kivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer04 View Post
IIRC there was some county in Texas trying to arm their teachers and it might've actually happened. Also I really hope that the shooter is still alive. Since if what I understand about prison is correct other prisoners really hate people who beat up on women and children. No one can even try to imagine what those parent are going throug...
As fulfilling as it may feel on a base level to think about something like that happening, we should not let our anger and desire for revenge blind our desire for justice.

If we want to make feeding psychos to other criminals part of the legal system we should do that (and it might gain widespread support), but we should never be glad criminals are taking the law into their own hands just because it feels good in the moment.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #18
Konkrage
Xineoph touched me here.

Nation: Konkrage1

The guy shot himself I thought?

Casualties Peak Rank: #1 Defending, #3 Overall
Nukes Sent: 482 | Nukes Taken: 165

Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarBi-cycle War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Konkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #19
JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS
10th Legion Gemina...Julius Caesar's Men

Nation: TERRA ROMANORVM

Discord name: Josephivs

I am angered beyond belief at this event. I couldn't almost work this afternoon out of the sadness and anger I felt. I'm disgusted at what this human race has turned to. So much technological advances so much knowledge and our behavior as humans is still barbaric and like stupid savages with no regard for each other. Our societies are fucking sick and that's the fundamental problem, the root cause of this. Just last week here where I live 4 pieces of shit lit a man on fire and beat him to death just to steal $500 from him and another 19 year old sick fuck stabbed his mom to death because his mother was strict on him.

And then this...little children. Little kids who were getting an education to give the rest of us hope that they would be good citizens of tomorrow. Little kids that have only started the journey of life, slain by a deranged coward.

Our societies are sick, immoral, deranged full of hate and obsessed with violence. What more can we hope for from our youth like this maniac when their adults and their leaders who run their countries are constantly killing each other in ridiculous wars and humankind cannot go a single decade without wanting to kill each other.

Enough to make you wish the stuff about the mayans was true and this shit is over in a few days.

Just found out this struck closer to home than thought. The granddaughter of one of our mayors in PR was killed in this incident.

EDIT: out of my disgust at this I forgot to express my condolences and may the little ones rest in peace.
Tetris WarIch Dien Silver AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation

Last edited by JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS; 12-14-2012 at 05:39 PM.
JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #20
Overlord Kerst

Nation: Milagia

Discord name: Overlord_Kerst[Legion]

The purpose of a civilian having a semi-automatic rifle is that IF it ever happened where the government oppressed the people they would be equally armed in order to defend themselves and overthrow the oppressing government. Obviously, we just use them to target shoot or personal defense. But, owning 1 or 100 either way it is within our rights. I have no problem if they were to perform mental health checks before letting someone buy a gun but really, when it comes down to it stricter gun control isn't going to fix this. Besides, try and take people's guns away and you're asking for revolution.

With that said, I could barely keep it together listening to this news. The shooter lived just a half hour from my home and I could only imagine this happening in my old school district. I pray for all these families and the victims, God bless their souls.

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
ct, elementary, school, stooting