The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > Contests

Contests Think you can pick the winners of RL competitions? Try your hand at our contests for in-game prizes.

Old 05-16-2021, 11:13 AM   #11
scozy 
the bloodthirsty

Nation: Kenoland
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: scozy

Default Re: 2021 NHL Playoffs

My usual approach is to select Canadian teams, so with the format this year I am not interested in participating.

Doom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service Award
scozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 10:08 PM   #12
happy5214 
Econ Chief

Nation: Manitae

Discord name: happy5214

Based on the times listed in the OP, Xineoph's Bruins pick and all of Donte93's picks are excluded for being after the respective deadlines, though I'm not opposed to allowing Donte's picks for series that had not yet started (basically everything but the Bruins and Penguins picks).

To avoid ambiguity in similar future cases, I will be having a discussion with Firkinvald (Director of Sociology) and Xineoph (Vice Consul of IA and Econ) to develop a stable set of rules to govern future contests, which will be posted in this forum. It will likely take full effect for the Euro 2020 contest in June, since the NBA playoff contest will be posted Monday.

One full set of picks was made on the PnW Discord channel before the deadline:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschatosia
Canadiens
Jets
Islanders
Bruins
Hurricanes
Panthers
Blues
Wild
happy5214, by the Grace of the Imperator and the Consul of Internal and Economic Affairs, Senator, Chief Economic Coordinator, Director of Trades, Chancellor of the Treasury, and Chief Censor, Voter of Team Proposals, Enactor of Purple Sanctions, Executor of Financial Policy, Organizer and Protector of the Circles, Comptroller of Allied National Resources, Head Merchant of Tech, Bringer of Aid, Expander of Nations, Collector of Statistics, and Analyst of the Game.

For today, we aid. For tomorrow, we tech deal. For all, we trade. Forever, wir dienen.

Vivu feliĉe kaj amike, parolu la veron, kaj elektu la bezonojn de ĉiuj anstataŭ viajn.

Ave Legio.

While I have worked to improve the quality of The Legion, I have accumulated the following awards:

Maroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardEconomics General Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Active LegionnaireMost Serious LegionnaireMost Improved Legionnaire
happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:26 AM   #13
Xineoph 

Nation: Um

Discord name: Xineoph

No need to be so picky, in the future a few reminder posts stating all picks will be closed would help. I also want to note that the contest was done at the last moment. I have no idea what the results are, but I fully object to having mine or dontes results excluded considering you have also chosen past Firks limits before and I think even Firk himself has chosen past his own set time limit.
Second Polar WarWSA WarOne Day WarGreat War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Xineoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:51 AM   #14
happy5214 
Econ Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xineoph View Post
No need to be so picky, in the future a few reminder posts stating all picks will be closed would help. I also want to note that the contest was done at the last moment. I have no idea what the results are, but I fully object to having mine or dontes results excluded considering you have also chosen past Firks limits before and I think even Firk himself has chosen past his own set time limit.
I think you misunderstood the key parts of my post. I did say I was not opposed to allowing the picks for series that had yet to start. I didn't want to step on Firk's toes in case he wanted to go by the book (his original OP rule) and exclude them. That's why we need a clear rule going forward, to remove such ambiguity. I personally would prefer the rule being to allow picks up to the start of the match/series being picked (agreeing with you), but that won't be finalized probably until the Euro 2020 contest.

Also, the regular season didn't end for the playoff teams until Friday (it's still not over for the three non-playoff Canadian teams), and the first-round pairings were only finalized Thursday, so there wasn't much lead time for any of us this year.
happy5214, by the Grace of the Imperator and the Consul of Internal and Economic Affairs, Senator, Chief Economic Coordinator, Director of Trades, Chancellor of the Treasury, and Chief Censor, Voter of Team Proposals, Enactor of Purple Sanctions, Executor of Financial Policy, Organizer and Protector of the Circles, Comptroller of Allied National Resources, Head Merchant of Tech, Bringer of Aid, Expander of Nations, Collector of Statistics, and Analyst of the Game.

For today, we aid. For tomorrow, we tech deal. For all, we trade. Forever, wir dienen.

Vivu feliĉe kaj amike, parolu la veron, kaj elektu la bezonojn de ĉiuj anstataŭ viajn.

Ave Legio.

While I have worked to improve the quality of The Legion, I have accumulated the following awards:

Maroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardEconomics General Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Active LegionnaireMost Serious LegionnaireMost Improved Legionnaire
Old 05-17-2021, 04:05 AM   #15
Xineoph 

Nation: Um

Discord name: Xineoph

Understood, I'll bring it up in the thread.
Second Polar WarWSA WarOne Day WarGreat War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Xineoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:55 AM   #16
Firkinvald

Nation: Firkinland

Discord name: Ragnar

Here is a summary of the predictions:

RulerTorontoMontrealEdmontonWinnipegPittsburghIslandersWashingtonBostonHurricanesPredatorsPanthers LightningAvalancheSt. LouisLas VegasMinnesota
Forrest LybrandX X X  XX  XX  X
TectorX X X X X  XX X 
justavictim82X X  XX X  XX X 
FirkinvaldX X X  XX  XX X 
jackaX  X X XX  X XX 
king qazX X X X X  XX  X
happy5214X X X  XX  XX X 
XineophX X X  X*X  X X X
Donte93X X X*  X*X  X X X
Eschatosia X X X XX X  X X

These picks are listed, but will not count as they were posted after the first game of the series had started.
Order on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardInspector General's Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorEconomics Distinguished Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation

Last edited by Firkinvald; 05-30-2021 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Added Eschatosia (from PnW) picks per happy5214
Firkinvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:52 PM   #17
king qaz

Nation: my own little workd

got 3 series starting sat sun

Islanders
Lightning
picking Las Vegas if they win their series if not Avalanche

Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardIch Dien Lifetime AwardDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator Award
king qaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:57 PM   #18
jacka

Nation: north 40

Islanders
Hurricanes
Avalanche
Tetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBiPolar 2 War MedalNuclear SurvivorDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceEconomic Program Service Award
jacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 02:54 PM   #19
Firkinvald

Nation: Firkinland

Discord name: Ragnar

As some series are starting tomorrow, here are the current results, standings and matchups:

NY Islanders over Pittsburgh 4 games to 2.
Boston over Washington 4 games to 1.
Winnipeg over Edmonton 4 games to none.
Tampa Bay over Florida 4 games to 2.
Colorado over St. Louis 4 games to none.

Standings after above results:

RulerRound 1
jacka6
justavictim825
Firkinvald5
happy52145
Forrest Lybrand4
Tector4
Eschatosia4
king qaz3
Xineoph2
Donte932

Round 2 series for which predictions are needed:

NY Islanders vs Boston needed by 8pm Eastern Time Saturday, May 29.
Tampa Bay vs Carolina needed by 5pm Eastern Time Sunday May, 30.

----------

I will select Boston and Tampa Bay.
Order on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardInspector General's Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorEconomics Distinguished Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation

Last edited by Firkinvald; 05-30-2021 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Added Eschatosia (from PnW) per happy5214; removed 1 point from Xineoph and Donte93 for late pick
Firkinvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 03:56 AM   #20
happy5214 
Econ Chief

Bruins
Lightning
Avalanche

Ave Legio.

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > Contests

Tags
2021, contest, nhl, playoffs, ploffs