The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #11
wingedwolfmgless

Nation: Wolfverstine
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: WingedWolf

Alliance:
Shangri-La

Default Re: The States Who Legalized Weed

I can't wait til all the states have legalized weed for recreational use in their states yet the Feds haven't legalized it yet. They're going to have a heyday trying to throw as many people in prison as they can.
wingedwolfmgless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #12
killer04
Dinky Doo

Nation: Iwait

Discord name: killer04

IIRC the DEA has been busting places selling weed in Cali. If I was a federal agent I would just walk into those places and start arresting people. But thats the asshole side of me.

Quote:
[20:55] <~Wenulu> i will have to invest in a new stalker
[20:55] <&killer04|Legion|HMFIC> manoka does a good job
[20:55] <~Wenulu> omg
[20:56] <~Wenulu> no thanks ill keep you
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> let em have it
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
killer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #13
GreenStuff
The 2%

Nation: Smurf Village

Discord name: GreenStuff

Alliance:
Green Protection Agency

missouri keeps failing on the vote to legalize but hey give it another 4 years, ill be waiting
ODN WarEquilibrium WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
GreenStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #14
Baron Praxis

Nation: Traigal

Discord name: Baron_Praxis

I don't smoke myself, but I never saw the big problem with it. IMO cocaine, crack and meth are bigger problems than weed. Hell, alcohol seems more destructive.

Personally I think the only reason it isn't legal everywhere is because there's no good money to be made in it. If there were a way for the corporations to make millions off it without having to worry about small time competitors, it'd be legal by next month.
Equilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardDonator AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonFunniest Legionnaire
Baron Praxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #15
Extractum11
Extra CUM

Nation: TerraExtraxi

Discord name: Extractum11

I think it's only illegal because nonsmokers like to claim moral high ground over smokers.
ODN WarEquilibrium WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardInspector General's Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonEconomics General Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Extractum11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #16
Larajoseph
Legion's biggest bookworm

Nation: Armida

Discord name: lara

Alliance:
Legion

it is less destructive then crack, cocaine, and meth, by far, but it has the same potential for abuse as alcohol, and causes the same deterioration.

"Why in this land of great wealth is there great poverty?" Helen Keller (1912)
UTC -4
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Lifetime AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonEconomics Distinguished Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Larajoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #17
bitermer

Nation: Bitermeria

Both have medicinal and mind-altering properties, though you can't OD and die off weed.

So alcohol is a lot more dangerous than weed. My theory is that weed creates a counter-culture which is why governments have banned it until now.

Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceFunniest LegionnaireSpam-A-Thon Winner
bitermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #18
justavictim82
I assure you Legion that I am still the liquor

Nation: AllAboutThePentiums

Discord name: Justavictim82 #0704

In before legalization hits the SCOTUS by the end of Obama's second term agrument gets off the ground. In all seriousness, someone is going to sue in federal court to overturn these legalization state rulings. The 10th amendment is under constant attack
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
justavictim82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #19
killer04
Dinky Doo

Nation: Iwait

Discord name: killer04

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavictim82 View Post
In before legalization hits the SCOTUS by the end of Obama's second term agrument gets off the ground. In all seriousness, someone is going to sue in federal court to overturn these legalization state rulings. The 10th amendment is under constant attack
I don't doubt there will be law suits but it will be interesting to see what the legal standing is. Since you usually have to be affected by something in someway for the court to accept your case. So maybe someone gets assaulted by someone selling "legalized' weed so they sue? idk

Quote:
[20:55] <~Wenulu> i will have to invest in a new stalker
[20:55] <&killer04|Legion|HMFIC> manoka does a good job
[20:55] <~Wenulu> omg
[20:56] <~Wenulu> no thanks ill keep you
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> let em have it
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
killer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #20
justavictim82
I assure you Legion that I am still the liquor

Nation: AllAboutThePentiums

Discord name: Justavictim82 #0704

More likely the DEA will bust a legal vendor and it will go to court. Legalize it already. Saves the average taxpayer so muh money just prison savings and tax revenue
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
justavictim82 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
legalized, states, weed