The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the election in a few days time?
Obama 25 73.53%
Romney 6 17.65%
Other(Mention in Thread) 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2012, 04:17 AM   #21
DanDesade
déjà vu all over again

Nation: Atlantia
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: Dat thing called an election.

i know its hard. please don't fuck this up. peace not turmoil.
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest Legionnaire
DanDesade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:45 AM   #22
DanDesade
déjà vu all over again

Nation: Atlantia

recently australia released a 'white paper' dubbed the 'asian century'.

we also joined the un security council.

what we did was tie oursleves to the most populace region in the world because that region would dominate the world at large for the next century.

america now stands at the edge of a precipice. its fall or make a pinacle society.

tbh, as far as i can see, you're about to collapse inwards...

end.
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest Legionnaire
DanDesade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:08 AM   #23
Manoka

Nation: Manoka

Discord name: Rawrmansz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDesade View Post

what we did was tie oursleves to the most populace region in the world because that region would dominate the world at large for the next century.

america now stands at the edge of a precipice. its fall or make a pinacle society.

end.
Australians love to believe that.

But we'll be fine.
ODN WarEconomics General Service Award
Manoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:10 AM   #24
JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS
10th Legion Gemina...Julius Caesar's Men

Nation: TERRA ROMANORVM

Discord name: Josephivs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDesade View Post

end.
The Asian century was predicted as far back as a decade ago. I read a book a few years ago called "The next 100 years" where it mentioned an asian economical rise. It is also ironic and surprising that there would be a mostly communist country among the big boys of the 21st century.

Also in my opinion, the US has gone the way it has because of its hostile foreign policies. I mean a country that spent most of a century in a constant state of war or threat of war is bound to have all kinds of problems in the future. No empire or nation ever in the history of mankind has been able to maintain a hostile FA forever. I really think that is their worst enemy, frankly.
Tetris WarIch Dien Silver AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation

Last edited by JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS; 11-04-2012 at 05:17 AM.
JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:30 AM   #25
Manoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS View Post
The Asian century was predicted as far back as a decade ago. I read a book a few years ago called "The next 100 years" where it mentioned an asian economical rise. It is also ironic and surprising that there would be a mostly communist country among the big boys of the 21st century.

Also in my opinion, the US has gone the way it has because of its hostile foreign policies. I mean a country that spent most of a century in a constant state of war or threat of war is bound to have all kinds of problems in the future. No empire or nation ever in the history of mankind has been able to maintain a hostile FA forever. I really think that is their worst enemy, frankly.
Our foreign enemies are our enemies?!

Who would have guessed.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:37 AM   #26
JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoka View Post
Our foreign enemies are our enemies?!

Who would have guessed.
I expected a bit more debating and less of the troll. And I kinda get what you mean except some of those "enemies" have been not enemies at all, coerced into being enemies, turned into enemies due to your hostile FA or just what you perceived were enemies. I mean Vietnam, Korea, the proxy war in Afghanistan where you trained Afghan warlords including well known Osama Bin Laden against the Russians, the point I'm making is some of those enemies never had to be enemies at all. Aside from WW2 your last justifiable hostile action in the 20th century, the rest have been failed FA or just simply arrogance.
Tetris WarIch Dien Silver AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Old 11-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #27
Manoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS View Post
I expected a bit more debating and less of the troll. And I kinda get what you mean except some of those "enemies" have been not enemies at all, coerced into being enemies, turned into enemies due to your hostile FA or just what you perceived were enemies. I mean Vietnam, Korea, the proxy war in Afghanistan where you trained Afghan warlords including well known Osama Bin Laden against the Russians, the point I'm making is some of those enemies never had to be enemies at all. Aside from WW2 your last justifiable hostile action in the 20th century, the rest have been failed FA or just simply arrogance.
Osama Bin Laden was never trained against the Russians and pretty much all we're seeing now is a result of the Cold war and Imperialism.

I mean the French wanted Vietnam back, so we got involved so they wouldn't get it back, but then communists took over so we had to fight them etc.

Unless you think the genocide that followed which killed millions of Vietnamese and whatnot was a good thing.

The biggest problem with Vietnam was pulling out without filling the power vacuum or getting the local people to a point where they could defend themselves.

And the otherwise poor execution; we had a draft, and the average age of the combat soldier in WWII was 26; in Vietnam, it was 19.

Last edited by Manoka; 11-04-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #28
bitermer

Nation: Bitermeria

You guys had better elect Obama, or else there will be unforseen consequences.

Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceFunniest LegionnaireSpam-A-Thon Winner
bitermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #29
Manoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitermer View Post
You guys had better elect Obama, or else there will be unforseen consequences.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #30
JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoka View Post
Osama Bin Laden was never trained against the Russians and pretty much all we're seeing now is a result of the Cold war and Imperialism.

I mean the French wanted Vietnam back, so we got involved so they wouldn't, but then communists took over so we had to fight them etc.

Unless you think the genocide that followed which killed millions of Vietnamese and whatnot was a good thing.

The biggest problem with Vietnam was pulling out without filling the power vacuum or getting the local people to a point where they could defend themselves.
I completely differ on you on Osama Bin Laden it is a well known fact in the Russian Afghan war he was chosen by the US gov as a leader of the resistance by reccomendation of the Taliban and aided. Years later he would turn against the US mostly because of policies favoring Israel amongst other US involvement in the middle east. I've had this conversation with many americans, including military, veterans who agree it's time the US stops hostilities. The world and even the american population itself has grown tired of your overinvolved FA and wars.

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
called, dat, election, thing