The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #251
FreeMason
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Nation: Sexi Thyme
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: Al Quaeda's supporter choice for president.

Hitler was a genocidal madman, but he was also a genius. While I despise his actions and believe he was a terrible human being, I will give him respect for his economic and military genius...at least until he went completely insane near the end of the war.
Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
FreeMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:39 PM   #252
The Corporal
Agent 47, Silent Assassin

Nation: New Milwaukee

Alliance:
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMason View Post
Hitler was a genocidal madman, but he was also a genius. While I despise his actions and believe he was a terrible human being, I will give him respect for his economic and military genius...at least until he went completely insane near the end of the war.
As evil as he was, he should be respected for his oratory skills as well. I don't think many people in history (save perhaps George Washington) could motivate people like Hitler did, especially in the face of what he was instructing his people to do...
The Corporal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #253
David Ben-Gurion
Veteran Financial Despot

Nation: Swiss Confederation

Discord name: David Ben-Gurion

Quote:
Ever hear of Operation Valkyrie? No military genius from Hitler then... just a large oak table and failed calculus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadian Empire
She sits down and then I say, "Okay, I'll help you with maths now?"

She looks at me and says, "Please leave, you're a distraction."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadian Empire
She encouraged me to get onto Tinder... and she said she matched up with random guys but she'd never take it any further. Meanwhile I only matched with bots or with girls who would unmatch with me after I said something. Oh well
Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarODN WarMaroon WarNSO WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
David Ben-Gurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #254
FreeMason
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Nation: Sexi Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corporal View Post
As evil as he was, he should be respected for his oratory skills as well. I don't think many people in history (save perhaps George Washington) could motivate people like Hitler did, especially in the face of what he was instructing his people to do...
I'd include Lenin and Patrick Henry in that list as well. And possibly Obama, if we're going by pure oratorical skill.
Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
FreeMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #255
Dark Force

Nation: Justice

Alliance:
World Task Force

Quote:
Amazing oratory skills, yes. Genius, no.

Hitler was the one who redirected the German Airforce from attacking military instalations in Briton to London, because a midnight bombing run took place on Berlin.

Look at any documentary on the subject, both sides military command knew Briton couldn't take another attack on its airbases. If he wouldn't have done that, Briton would have fell. But he had to Bomb their capital, fo bombing his.

Also, he was the one who made the decision to backstab Stalin when they did, against the advice given by the military again, and a stupid move by any military stratigist. He should have waited until the western front was silenced before moving east, and wait till spring for crying out load.

Hitler was no genius, not by a long shot.

“I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."
- James Madison

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."
- Alexis de Tocqueville
Dark Force is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
al, choice, president, quaeda, supporter