The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2008, 05:01 AM   #1
Melidan
The love child of Ayn Rand and Barry Goldwater

Nation: Melidan
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Obama's Pastor

So... Say there was a white guy who was running for President. This white guy was a conservative, and a Christian. Say this guy had a pastor, who railed against black people, used profanity and the n-word at the pulpit...

This candidate for President would be reviled by the media (and rightly so) for associating with such unsavory characters.

Time to introduce you to Jeremiah Wright, friend of Barack Obama.

Jeremiah A. Wright

Quote:
“What I value most about Pastor Wright is not just his day-to-day political advice,” Obama told the paper. “He’s much more of a sounding board for me to make sure that I am speaking truthfully about what I believe is possible and that I’m not losing myself in some of the hype and hoopla and stress that’s involved in national politics.” - Barack Obama, 1/27/07 Chicago Tribune
Quote:
Obama said that Wright keeps his "priorities straight and his moral compass calibrated.". source, Chicago Tribune
emphasis added

Quote:
Obama has said that in the fall of 2006, he broached the subject of a run for the presidency with Wright, who encouraged him to go ahead. - source, Chicago Tribune
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=c4WMqlfiQKo[/media]

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nH5ixmT83JE[/media]

So this is the guy that Barack Obama calls a close friend and advisor..?

Incase you didn't watch the whole video, here are some lovely exerts

Quote:
...."The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law, and then wants us to sing God bless America? No, no, no! Not God bless America! God damn America! -- it's in the Bible -- for killing innocent people! God damn America for treating her citizens as less than human!"
Quote:
"Hillary ain't never been called a N**ger!"
Below, quotes not in video..

Quote:
We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye. We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant?! Because the stuff we have done overseas is not brought back into our front yard? Americans chickens are coming home to roost. (Speaking the Sunday after September 11, 2001)
Quote:
"US of KKK A"
All this at the pulpit at his Chicago church

Wright also says that he and Louis Farrakhan traveled to Libya in 1984 to visit Moammar Gadhafi.

You would think a man who has been such a close friend and influence to Obama would garner some media attention because of his hateful rhetoric..?

His association with this man is disturbing.
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Melidan is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
obama, pastor