The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Legion Lounge Off-topic discussion, relaxation & spam.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:54 AM   #1
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Nation: Neepolito Harnilito
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: VanikHardil

Alliance:
bjalbert

Default The VH Resolution.

Well.. Here is what I am doing. Today is New Years Eve. A time to get drunk to no end, have mad sex with your partner, and then wake up the next morning feeling shitty as all hell and start on your 2011 Resolution. Well.. I will be accomplishing the drunkenness part, but as I am single, that means I will be passing out with just me and my hand(s, THREE WAY!)

My New Years Resolution is to drop down to 200lb's. I have a long way to go. When I got weighed last Wednesday, I was 289lb's. I will be checking my weight again in the morning.

I will be updating my progress in this post, and I would appreciate any and all advice on loosing my weight while tightening up my skin as I lose the weight (as so I don't have droopy skin.)

Starting Weight
Current Weight
Days W/O Soda/Koolaid
Days Dieted
Distance From Goal
289lbs
283lbs
83lbs

Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Jogging (15m) Sprinting (20m) Rest (10m) Repeat (3x)
Weight Training
Rest
Weight Training
Jogging (15m) Sprinting (20m) Rest (10m) Repeat (3x)
Weight Training
Rest
Last updated - Thursday, January 6th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
Probably the one where you watch your step sister frig herself from the doorway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
Anyone can send 14 million troops into the wood chipper. That doesn't mean you learned anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Rob View Post
I have been busy as a ballsack in an orgy.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Improved Legionnaire

Last edited by Vanik Hardil; 01-06-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Vanik Hardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:17 AM   #2
IronsightSniper
Legion's Resident AppleJack

Nation:

Default Re: The VH Resolution.

Or you can fast.
Coalition WarKarma WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
IronsightSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:19 AM   #3
Makaveli
Burnin & Lootin

Nation: Lazy Republic

Discord name: Makaveli|Legion

Don't snack ever, and try to eat two meals a day if you can.
Doomhouse WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:26 AM   #4
Helochut

Nation: Acadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
Don't snack ever, and try to eat two meals a day if you can.
What who says this? That just turns your body into a fasting machine which makes it collect and store more fat from your food regularly. Your metabolism slows down because your body thinks that there isn't enough food such was the situation in primordial times, except people ran around chasing buffalo and not geek out on BBS.

What you want to do is actually eat more often snack like 6-8 times a day on things like nuts, fish, fruit and sometimes carbs but not together with meat. Small portions are key, you have to leave the table still feeling hungry.

Yeah junk food, forget about it. Anyone will say that though. If you eat more often it will raise your metabolism which later then you can combine with exercise and make the exercise super effective to burn even more calories. You will feel hungry all the time though because your body will be losing calories and subsequently weight.

Your first month will just be water weight and probably the biggest decrease in mass after that it gets difficult for the body to remove the rest because of how much energy there is in fat. Anyways, I'm rambling good luck!
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service Ribbon
Helochut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:31 AM   #5
Watcher
Dream Potato

Nation: Gambrin

Discord name: Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helochut View Post
What who says this? That just turns your body into a fasting machine which makes it collect and store more fat from your food regularly. Your metabolism slows down because your body thinks that there isn't enough food such was the situation in primordial times, except people ran around chasing buffalo and not geek out on BBS.

What you want to do is actually eat more often snack like 6-8 times a day on things like nuts, fish, fruit and sometimes carbs but not together with meat. Small portions are key, you have to leave the table still feeling hungry.

Yeah junk food, forget about it. Anyone will say that though. If you eat more often it will raise your metabolism which later then you can combine with exercise and make the exercise super effective to burn even more calories. You will feel hungry all the time though because your body will be losing calories and subsequently weight.

Your first month will just be water weight and probably the biggest decrease in mass after that it gets difficult for the body to remove the rest because of how much energy there is in fat. Anyways, I'm rambling good luck!
This.

It's what I do and it works. I don't gain weight

~"I got all the numbers! That's Wade Boggs style baby." - Charlie Kelly ~
*Lord Protector of the Legion*
*Patron Saint of Invicta*

WSA WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonEducation AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFappiest Legionnaire
Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:39 AM   #6
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Nation: Neepolito Harnilito

Discord name: VanikHardil

Alliance:
bjalbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helochut View Post

Water weight? Does that mean not to drink water? or should I drink water? I was thinking; cut out all soda, koolaid, junk food, and such from my day-to-day meals and such, and add in stuff like water and those healthy snack bar-things and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
Probably the one where you watch your step sister frig herself from the doorway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
Anyone can send 14 million troops into the wood chipper. That doesn't mean you learned anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Rob View Post
I have been busy as a ballsack in an orgy.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Improved Legionnaire
Vanik Hardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:59 AM   #7
Arcadian Empire
The Legion's Resident Pikachu

Nation: Arcadian Empire

Discord name: Arcadian

I'm not seeing any football (soccer) in that regime... though it's good that you're making these Resolutions.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics General Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireMost Active Legionnaire
Arcadian Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:01 AM   #8
Alexander Kerensky

Nation: Strana Mechty

Discord name: Alexander

I'm going to be blunt here, if you had the long term will power to cut out soda you would have done it already. Trying to fix bad eating habits by going gold turkey does not work. Soda is all around you and even a small can is 100 cal, so start out by going with diet soda like Fresca, then you can slowly cut it out all together.

One of the biggest things people completely fail to realize is that if you only diet to loose weight then you will have to diet the rest of your life the same way! which is why it always fails. Choosing healthy eating with exercise along with a body type that YOU (not anyone else) are happy with is the easiest and best way to achieve long term management of weight.[COLOR="Silver"]
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonRecruitment Service AwardEducation AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardMost Serious Legionnaire
Alexander Kerensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:54 AM   #9
Watcher
Dream Potato

Nation: Gambrin

Discord name: Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanik Hardil View Post
Water weight? Does that mean not to drink water? or should I drink water? I was thinking; cut out all soda, koolaid, junk food, and such from my day-to-day meals and such, and add in stuff like water and those healthy snack bar-things and such.
Cut out soda for sure.

Cut out as much processed food as possible.

~"I got all the numbers! That's Wade Boggs style baby." - Charlie Kelly ~
*Lord Protector of the Legion*
*Patron Saint of Invicta*

WSA WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonEducation AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFappiest Legionnaire
Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:17 AM   #10
Sinatra

Nation: The Rat Pack

Alliance:
The Legion

Good luck to you mate, sounds like you've made a great choice.

Weight loss is basic maths. If you put less in than you burn you're gonna drop weight.

As you know VH, I'm a final year psychology undergrad. A lot of habitual behaviour can be basic conditioning. You've associated certain events or times of day with eating. E.g. you snack when you watch the simpsons at 6pm every day etc etc. So you're routined and have a habit of associating that event with eating.

You can either consciously try and break times and scenarios where you eat. So you re-condition yourself to associate those events with not eating. Or you can keep the conditioned habit, but tweak it. You always drink soda when playing xbox, just keep the habit but switch soda for diet soda or perhaps fruit cordial. You get the general idea. Hope that makes some sense.
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Gold AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Sinatra is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Tags
resolution, vh