The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Legion Lounge Off-topic discussion, relaxation & spam.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #11
Watcher
Dream Potato

Nation: Gambrin
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Watcher

Default Re: So I watched WWE Raw...

Can Austin wrestle a full match though? I'd love to see Punk vs Austin but I thought Austin's body is too fucked. Did he heal up?

~"I got all the numbers! That's Wade Boggs style baby." - Charlie Kelly ~
*Lord Protector of the Legion*
*Patron Saint of Invicta*

WSA WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonEducation AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFappiest Legionnaire
Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #12
Arcadian Empire
The Legion's Resident Pikachu

Nation: Arcadian Empire

Discord name: Arcadian

Okay justavictim, it's a work then... and a very good "work" at that.

I wonder if the Vince McMahon dying comments and 'stupid family' and doofus son-in-law was a shoot though

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics General Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireMost Active Legionnaire
Arcadian Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #13
justavictim82
I assure you Legion that I am still the liquor

Nation: AllAboutThePentiums

Discord name: Justavictim82 #0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher View Post
Can Austin wrestle a full match though? I'd love to see Punk vs Austin but I thought Austin's body is too fucked. Did he heal up?
Austin could work one more match if he truely wanted to. He has a bad neck but that hasnt stopped alot of people from that one last great match. I mean for fuck sakes, Ric Flair has worked for 30 years on a broken back. Austin has said also on many occasions that Punk and Zach Ryder are the future of the company. I can totally see him putting punk over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
The fact that he mentioned other wrestling companies, like the once great Ring of Honor, has me wondering. Actually, this really has me wanting to watch wrestling again. Punk sold out, but I think he's finally getting back to those roots of his indy character, and that is admirable. I hope this is real, instead of him selling out even more.

If you watch the WWE halfway closely or read any dirt sheets, you would know that Matt Hardy did the same thing about 3 years ago (ROH mentioning). ROH may not be what it once was currently but they have a nationwide TV deal now so they are getting better. Its really hard to replace the execptional talent that they have lost (Punk, Samoa Joe, etc). I dont think Punk really 'sold out' so to speak. They let the 'im straught edge and im better than you' gimmick run its course and killed it before it got too stale. I mean where do you go after killing Jeff Hardy, everyones favorite drug addict.
Has he been bouncing around alot over the last year and a half? sure but they really havent had much to work him into. The 'Doofus' comment about HHH is spot on as Hunter resents Punk and has been trying to bury him for a while (same with Ryder). HHH is just pissed that Punk out-popped him in one of the biggest PPVs of the year in 06 (survivor Series) only a few months after DX reformed the first time and has never been able to get over that.
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
justavictim82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:37 PM   #14
Midas
The Prodigy Child

Nation: Bilginin

Discord name: Midas|AESIR

Alliance:
ĘSIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManWithoutAPlan View Post
If they were able to censor the words on a live television show, I believe most, if not all, was scripted.
All broadcasted TV at least in the US is on a 7 second delay from real time to allow for govt. to censor things since Janet Jackson's Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction.
1 Weapons Research Complex: $150,000,000.00
The ability to beat the living crap out of Legion enemies: Priceless.
There's some things that money can't buy. For everything else, there's a WRC.
Quote:
[12:11am] PapaJacky[Legion]: I'm terribly clever yet I have a multitude of personality disorders
[12:11am] PapaJacky[Legion]: last count was 8 out of 11 :v
[12:11am] KivanNemiral: my issue is that im an asshole
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarNuclear SurvivorInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:44 PM   #15
Boondock
Resident Redneck

Nation: Republic of Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavictim82 View Post
If you watch the WWE halfway closely or read any dirt sheets, you would know that Matt Hardy did the same thing about 3 years ago (ROH mentioning). ROH may not be what it once was currently but they have a nationwide TV deal now so they are getting better. Its really hard to replace the execptional talent that they have lost (Punk, Samoa Joe, etc). I dont think Punk really 'sold out' so to speak. They let the 'im straught edge and im better than you' gimmick run its course and killed it before it got too stale. I mean where do you go after killing Jeff Hardy, everyones favorite drug addict.
Has he been bouncing around alot over the last year and a half? sure but they really havent had much to work him into. The 'Doofus' comment about HHH is spot on as Hunter resents Punk and has been trying to bury him for a while (same with Ryder). HHH is just pissed that Punk out-popped him in one of the biggest PPVs of the year in 06 (survivor Series) only a few months after DX reformed the first time and has never been able to get over that.
Sir, I admire you. I never really thought about it like that. Very good arguement, man.
Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:04 PM   #16
justavictim82

Quote:
Sir, I admire you. I never really thought about it like that. Very good arguement, man.
This is why i am the head blocker of cocks
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
Old 06-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #17
Watcher
Dream Potato

Nation: Gambrin

Discord name: Watcher

I really hope it is Austin vs Punk. Would be a great match.

Probably better then Cena vs Rock at that.

~"I got all the numbers! That's Wade Boggs style baby." - Charlie Kelly ~
*Lord Protector of the Legion*
*Patron Saint of Invicta*

WSA WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonEducation AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFappiest Legionnaire
Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #18
Boondock
Resident Redneck

Nation: Republic of Carolina

There will be no Austin vs. Punk. That's non-sense. If anything, it'll be HHH vs. Punk.
Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:12 AM   #19
SickLaxBro
Would Anyone Care to Lax?

Nation: SticksAndStones

Meh @ WWE/Wrestling. UFC is better, and this is why: (Start at 1:40)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLy_RQ2x8Rg[/ame]
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
SickLaxBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:26 AM   #20
justavictim82

Quote:
There will be no Austin vs. Punk. That's non-sense. If anything, it'll be HHH vs. Punk.
HHH is pretty much done in the ring and is helping his wife out with creative. Plus you have the perfect lead in and bring Punk back to the 'Straight Edge' Gimmick. Alcohalic vs straight edge.

Early indicators for matchs at WM28:

Cena (champion) vs the Rock
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs CM Punk
Undertaker vs Chris Jericho
Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Tags
raw, watched, wwe