The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
Villalba
Ill nail those traitors to the senate floor

Nation: Nueva Esparta
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default State of the Union

So to anyone who saw it?

Was it good, all i saw was Jon Stewart commenting on Chris Matthews about how he forgot Barack Obama was black... either he needs a red bull or his brain is damage to forget the skin color of Obama...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1PWQtCDaYY&feature=topvideos[/ame]
Coalition WarIch Dien Silver Award
Villalba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
Nedved I
Your authority is not recognized inside Fort Kickass

Nation: Nova Roma

Discord name: Nedved_I

Default Re: State of the Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villalba View Post
So to anyone who saw it?

Was it good, all i saw was Jon Stewart commenting on Chris Matthews about how he forgot Barack Obama was black... either he needs a red bull or his brain is damage to forget the skin color of Obama...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1PWQ...ture=topvideos
watched the address and the Republican response. I'm excited to see what he will do for education, considering college isn't to far off for me.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarTetris WarIch Dien Gold AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Nedved I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Villalba
Ill nail those traitors to the senate floor

Nation: Nueva Esparta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved I View Post
watched the address and the Republican response. I'm excited to see what he will do for education, considering college isn't to far off for me.
Actually both sides went on debate, and it was more civil than anyone would have thought.
Coalition WarIch Dien Silver Award
Villalba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
Yakuza96
Legionarre

Nation: Japantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved I View Post

im interested in what he plans to do about education too. im going to college next year and our education system is seriously screwed up. taxes keep rising, tuition fees are going up 7% every year, not to mention that highschools are losing key elective classes and freshmen sports, both of which are crucial to helping students succeed in life. my highschool is losing all freshmen athletics next year, and about a third of elective courses due to state budget cuts and higher federal and state taxes. obama decieved soo many people who voted for him, they were blind to seeing his true colors. and they did so all for the sake of having a darker skin tone man in the white house, who clearly was not even close to being qualified to run our glorious country.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarIch Dien Silver Award
Yakuza96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
David Ben-Gurion
Veteran Financial Despot

Nation: Swiss Confederation

Discord name: David Ben-Gurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza96 View Post
im interested in what he plans to do about education too. im going to college next year and our education system is seriously screwed up. taxes keep rising, tuition fees are going up 7% every year, not to mention that highschools are losing key elective classes and freshmen sports, both of which are crucial to helping students succeed in life. my highschool is losing all freshmen athletics next year, and about a third of elective courses due to state budget cuts and higher federal and state taxes. obama decieved soo many people who voted for him, they were blind to seeing his true colors. and they did so all for the sake of having a darker skin tone man in the white house, who clearly was not even close to being qualified to run our glorious country.
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadian Empire
She sits down and then I say, "Okay, I'll help you with maths now?"

She looks at me and says, "Please leave, you're a distraction."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadian Empire
She encouraged me to get onto Tinder... and she said she matched up with random guys but she'd never take it any further. Meanwhile I only matched with bots or with girls who would unmatch with me after I said something. Oh well
Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarODN WarMaroon WarNSO WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
David Ben-Gurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
Nedved I
Your authority is not recognized inside Fort Kickass

Nation: Nova Roma

Discord name: Nedved_I

Quote:

Education $48,420,000,000

State grants for adult job training $500,000,000
State grants for youth job training and summer employment opportunities $1,200,000,000
Dislocated worker job training $1,250,000,000
YouthBuild program for high school dropouts who re-enroll in other schools $50,000,000
Job training in emerging industries $250,000,000
Job training in the renewable energy field $500,000,000
Head Start programs $1,000,000,000
Early Head Start program expansion $1,100,000,000
Education for the disadvantaged - elementary and secondary education 10,000,000,000
Education for the disadvantaged - school improvement grants $3,000,000,000
Education impact aid $100,000,000
School improvement programs $650,000,000
Innovation and improvement of elementary and secondary schools $200,000,000
Special education funding under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act $12,200,000,000
Pell grants for higher education $15,840,000,000
Institute of Education data systems $245,000,000
Institute of Education state data coordinators $5,000,000
Dislocated worker assistance national reserve $200,000,000
School improvement grants awarded based on the number of homeless students identified in a state $70,000,000
Student aid administrative costs $60,000,000

I think any problems with your schools funding are caused by state and local governments.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarTetris WarIch Dien Gold AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Nedved I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #7
Tzar Rob 
Killer's Bitch

Nation: The Shelter

Discord name: TzarRob|Legion

Quote:
<3 x2
Coalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarNSO WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomic Program Service Award
Tzar Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
Jooshbox234
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Nation: Joshmania

Discord name: Jooshbox234[Legion]

It seams as if he still believes in global warming... I still agree with him on more clean energy.
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardEconomics Distinguished Service Award
Jooshbox234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #9
Condottiero

Nation: Libertas Civitas

Discord name: Condottiero

He addresses the education issues in his speech...
Condottiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #10
Banedon
Guardian of Tomorrow

Nation: Etaru

When the Republicans can remove their head from the next Republican's ass, come up with a workable plan, and stop being obstructionist assholes hell-bent on ripping the country down one brick at a time, I'll listen.

Until then, GO OBAMA!

I'm sorry, if your entire political platform is "Whatever he's for, we're against." even when it's a good thing, you fail.
If your only method of countering the other side's points is to lie, scare-monger, and lie some more, you fail.
If your spokesperson (official or not) openly says (repeatedly) that he hopes the president, his policies, and the country fail, you fail.

Republicans are the party that keeps saying that government doesn't work. And since Reagan, they keep proving themselves right.
Reagan was a disaster. The only reason the right annointed him their savior was the cracks started to form in the USSR by then and he took all the credit.
The first Bush just didn't care. He governed for the rich, things went bad, and he got replaced.
The second Bush was a weak-willed, ignorant, moron that couldn't find his ass with both hands and the Secret Service to help.

When you elect a party that is convinced government can't work, is it any surprise it fails when they are in charge?
Nukes Blocked: 16 \ 12 \ 9 \ 29 \ 11
Streaks: ? \ x5 \ - \ x5 \ x3

Some battles we win, some battles we lose, the Legion is forever.

Foreign Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivan
Hubb you would buttfuck any AA that would stop moving long enough.
Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence

Last edited by Banedon; 02-01-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Banedon is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
state, union