The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > Entertainment & Technology

Entertainment & Technology Discussion of music, games, movies, and computer technology.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #1
Konkrage
Xineoph touched me here.

Nation: Konkrage1
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Ark on Xbox One

Holy Moly.

I had no idea what Ark was and has a friend pitch me "open world, building/tools/weapons like minecraft, but with dinosaurs running around". Sounded too good to be true, but for the last two days I've been addicted.

Does anyone have it on xbox one? If so, I'd be more than excited to link up with you on our server and start working together. I have myself and another RL friend so far, with at least one other person planning to join us.

Casualties Peak Rank: #1 Defending, #3 Overall
Nukes Sent: 482 | Nukes Taken: 165

Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarBi-cycle War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Konkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:57 AM   #2
mojo882

Nation: kolsara

Default Re: Ark on Xbox One

watched a few lets plays on youtube, it does looks pretty fun
Unjust WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator Award
mojo882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:16 PM   #3
Konkrage
Xineoph touched me here.

mojo come play with me.

Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarBi-cycle War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Old 04-28-2016, 03:39 PM   #4
Allant

Nation: Paxico

Discord name: Allant

Can X-Box One and PS4 play with each-other yet? You had me at dinosaurs
Ich Dien Silver AwardConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Allant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:49 AM   #5
Konkrage
Xineoph touched me here.

I don't know. I would guess not, but this is a perfect game for allowing that.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:49 AM   #6
totem
told you so

Nation: Ciumideii

I've been waiting for a steam sale to get it

Cookie WarGreat War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
totem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:53 AM   #7
Konkrage
Xineoph touched me here.

The current issue I'm facing is a cap on the ability to develop in a server. What seems to be happening, especially in popular servers, is a clan will work together to dramatically increase their progress rate. Then, they'll end up taming a pterodactyl (or other flying dinosaur) and will scour the map for independent player huts. If they find you, you'll be raided and all your shit taken.

I've been left alone so far, but I can almost guarantee that if I start to progress at a rapid pace they'll make a point to take me out by killing my Dino's and destroying what I've built.

The only solution I can think of is to host my own server or join a clan, neither of which I know how to do.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:37 AM   #8
totem
told you so

Nation: Ciumideii

There's also a free tournament edition, something like hunger games with dinosaurs

Cookie WarGreat War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
totem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #9
Konkrage
Xineoph touched me here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totem View Post
There's also a free tournament edition, something like hunger games with dinosaurs
I need to find this.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:12 PM   #10
Kandros

Nation: Xestryae

Survival Of The Fittest is a bug filled mess. If you want to put up with it by all means. Just warning you. I have had the base game on PC since EA launch. Its fun but gets old fast unless you are in a group. You play alone in single player you get to the point where survival is not really a threat anymore. Gets boring. You play alone on a pvp server you spend all your time getting back what someone broke/stole/killed. Even with a group I find it gets old fast once you have everything. Sure you can pvp but its like Minecraft in that aspect. Once you get to the point where you can have whatever you want it gets to the point where unless you really love the game. You won't find yourself sticking around long.
Kandros is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > Entertainment & Technology

Tags
ark, xbox