The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #11
killer04
Dinky Doo

Nation: Iwait
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: killer04

Default Re: Current Events Talk: Yemen Bomb Scare

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
In a country where every city of more than 50 people sells gas and spark plugs, the idea that we can keep bombs out of the country is a bad joke. 99.999% of cars/trucks/planes in the US have everything you need to make a crude, but effective, bomb.

As it turns out, we seem to have killed, captured, or bought off every American hating terrorist with even a middle school education. If the terrorists had even a fraction of the resources and manpower that we are led to believe, it is only by the grace of god that the death-toll from terrorist attacks isn't orders of magnitude higher.

It is simply not possible to defend every target in America worth defending, and watch all places where a bomb to attack such a target could be made. Every school, every college, every mass-transit hub, every gas station, every Wal-Mart, every fertilizer depot, every dam, every levy, every power-plant, every transformer station, would need to be watched, and that's just to name the obvious places that would need to be defended.

Simply, we should continue to pray that we only have to deal with idiot terrorists on the other side of the planet. If they wise up, there'll be no way to stop them.
exactly. i could blow up most of my school if i wanted to... its fairly simple if you know what you are doing. does anyone want a motion or thermal triggered IED??

Quote:
[20:55] <~Wenulu> i will have to invest in a new stalker
[20:55] <&killer04|Legion|HMFIC> manoka does a good job
[20:55] <~Wenulu> omg
[20:56] <~Wenulu> no thanks ill keep you
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> let em have it
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
killer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #12
CelesteA
Banned

Nation: Celeste

Discord name: CelesteA

Alliance:
Viridian Entente

Ok so I just saw this thread and wanted to say, Extemporaneously, is a word I learned in sixth grade. It means off the top of your head. lol Resume to topic
CelesteA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #13
Mr Havok

Nation: Bearkillers

Discord name: MrHavok{MCXA}

Quote:
In a country where every city of more than 50 people sells gas and spark plugs, the idea that we can keep bombs out of the country is a bad joke. 99.999% of cars/trucks/planes in the US have everything you need to make a crude, but effective, bomb.

As it turns out, we seem to have killed, captured, or bought off every American hating terrorist with even a middle school education. If the terrorists had even a fraction of the resources and manpower that we are led to believe, it is only by the grace of god that the death-toll from terrorist attacks isn't orders of magnitude higher.

It is simply not possible to defend every target in America worth defending, and watch all places where a bomb to attack such a target could be made. Every school, every college, every mass-transit hub, every gas station, every Wal-Mart, every fertilizer depot, every dam, every levy, every power-plant, every transformer station, would need to be watched, and that's just to name the obvious places that would need to be defended.

Simply, we should continue to pray that we only have to deal with idiot terrorists on the other side of the planet. If they wise up, there'll be no way to stop them.
All very valid points however you neglect one huge point: logistics

Sure you can build a cheap bomb but you need funding you need to scout targets you need to plan it out and that is where they get beaten because now we are more attuned to their methods

While true some small attacks could happen large planned attacks in this country is now just to hard to accomplish by a group let alone one individual
Mr Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #14
killer04
Dinky Doo

funding? you dont need a lot. I could make some more plastic explosives if i wanted to... you could make it easier on logistics by overnighting a package and knowing pick up times and plan accordingly, or put a pressure switch in it or hell even a gps unit.

Quote:
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Old 11-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #15
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havok View Post
All very valid points however you neglect one huge point: logistics

Sure you can build a cheap bomb but you need funding you need to scout targets you need to plan it out and that is where they get beaten because now we are more attuned to their methods

While true some small attacks could happen large planned attacks in this country is now just to hard to accomplish by a group let alone one individual
With fewer people, less time, and less money than it took to pull off 9/11, I bet you I could shut down every public school in the midwest for over a month. You know what kind of terror and economic havoc that would do?

If half the terrorist plots that almost happened in the US lately that only didn't happen because the guys were morons, we'd be in big trouble.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #16
killer04
Dinky Doo

all it will take to bring down a large building is some thermite on the supports. you can mix it with paint the put it on the walls and just wait for the right time.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #17
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer04 View Post
all it will take to bring down a large building is some thermite on the supports. you can mix it with paint the put it on the walls and just wait for the right time.
*cough* 9/11 *cough*

I'm not saying it was, but a thermite attack like the one you just described would have almost an identical affect, assuming you could pull it off.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #18
killer04
Dinky Doo

Quote:
*cough* 9/11 *cough*

I'm not saying it was, but a thermite attack like the one you just described would have almost an identical affect, assuming you could pull it off.
that is like the only 9/11 theory that I can somewhat believe, because large buildings, especially the towers were always under construction. Thermite is also really easy to make, but for safety reasons I will not be posting here.

Quote:
Quote:

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
bomb, current, events, scare, talk, yemen