The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Announcements

Announcements Important announcements from the Legion.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:44 PM   #1
skrewer

Nation: Shinra United
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodFCS View Post
Good to see you skrewer!
Likewise, and it's good to be seen! Many times over the past several years I've thought about this group, especially given how it helped me get through some interesting times in high school, college, and after. Dare I reboot?... that is always the question.
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarKarma WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorInternal Affairs General Service Citation
skrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:29 PM   #2
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits

Default Re: The Legion Turns 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrewer View Post
Likewise, and it's good to be seen! Many times over the past several years I've thought about this group, especially given how it helped me get through some interesting times in high school, college, and after. Dare I reboot?... that is always the question.
We can rebuild you. We have the guides.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:16 AM   #3
Sinatra

Nation: The Rat Pack

Alliance:
The Legion

Ave Legio Many happy belated returns Legion.
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Gold AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Sinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:32 PM   #4
Watcher
Dream Potato

Nation: Gambrin

Discord name: Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
Ave Legio Many happy belated returns Legion.
Hey man! How have you been.

Drinking good drinks I hope.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by King William IV View Post
Someone asked me to write something and I may or may not have forgotten until way late.

The Legion was all about hard work, learning to accept change, and finding unique solutions. Hard work because I had to keep a nation alive at a military school with no cybernations access, because any work one does would mostly go unnoticed, and because of many hours of IRC and debates that lead to results. It was about accepting change, because I joined right after GW3, I went through purple gate with many of you, and between that, the first occupation, the first charter, and constantly trying to improve a dwindling player base and public reputation that would shift on a whim. The unique solutions was the best part, it's where I got to dabble with the folks like LadyAberdeen, Hubb, TGOL, Melidan, totem, Iron Wolf, clock, Arb, Arcadian, Sinatra, Jacosby (ty for watching my nation), Assarax (first person I got to know), Lord Necro, Imperial, so many I'm forgetting and importantly Konkrage. In my time we got rid of the representative system and switched to the imperator govt, between hours of debate in the forums, the first draft that people didn't see was debated about on IRC between a few folks and I before a draft was presented. Those late nights talking with folks like Konk and totem helped shape the alliances future. Special shoutout to Iron Wolf and my love child, the praetorian guard. Konkrage, you kept me on an even keel many times, thanks for that. To you fine folks who remain, Ave Legio, and may you get as much or more out of your time here than I did.

/s/
King William IV
Former Representative
Former Speaker of the House
Former Minister of Foreign Affairs
Forever a Legionnaire
The Guard.

~"I got all the numbers! That's Wade Boggs style baby." - Charlie Kelly ~
*Lord Protector of the Legion*
*Patron Saint of Invicta*

WSA WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonEducation AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFappiest Legionnaire
Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Announcements

Tags
10, turns