The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Legion Lounge Off-topic discussion, relaxation & spam.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #11
Xineoph 

Nation: Um
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Xineoph

Default Re: From the BBs

Second Polar WarWSA WarOne Day WarGreat War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Xineoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #12
Plutarch
Μέστριος Πλούταρχος

Nation: Ovidia

One of the reasons I believe in limited government is this. It seems to me that the "progressive" nature of many movements of the 19th-20th centuries and the ones that persist are all about the redistribution of wealth.

In addition, there need to be some serious marriage law reforms at the state level if that statement is completely true.
Plutarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #13
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits

I have to say, I am pro affermative action and all that but lets be clear. Affermative action means that you can't discriminate because of sex, race, or whatever personal perjudice you have. BUT it doen't mean that now you can discriminate agianst white hetero males just because they are the majority, which is what is happening. Are there some groups which still need some protection with AA? Yes, most notably African Americans and gays/lesbians/bis/transgenderd, and leagl immigrants who do still lose across the board. They make less money and still don't get hired because of racism.

But I have to say, when the MOST qualified person loses out, then its discrimmination If I have 5 job spots and my top 5 applicants are white staight males, i shouldn't have to hire women/minorites who are less qualified. If a woman/minority is more qualified, then yes, then they should get the job, but they shouldn't get the default choice.

And sorry women, but really, most domestic abues laws and divorse laws are a sham for men. We can't not get divorced, and when we do, we lose everything- money, kids, and protection under the law. And if you object, then your a sexist.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #14
Isaac of Trek
Reformed Dictator

Nation: New United Empire

Xin, your Israeli, its diffrent. Right?
and On topic: Dang straight. r funny.
The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Gold AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Isaac of Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #15
Arcadian Empire
The Legion's Resident Pikachu

Nation: Arcadian Empire

Discord name: Arcadian

Xineoph, you are so right when you say: "The only perks we get, our their perks"

That's gold, that's getting quoted!

And I must agree, women are getting so many rights...'tis horrible. Now the men are getting discriminated against, and when a girl has sex that she doesnt like, she just screams RAPE! When a girl doesn't get a job, she just screams SEXISM!

And guess what? They win 99% of the time.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics General Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireMost Active Legionnaire
Arcadian Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #16
Imperial
Who this?

Nation: The Imperial Empire

Discord name: Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadian Empire View Post
And I must agree, women are getting so many rights...'tis horrible. Now the men are getting discriminated against, and when a girl has sex that she doesnt like, she just screams RAPE! When a girl doesn't get a job, she just screams SEXISM!

And guess what? They win 99% of the time.
You probably wouldn't be saying that if you were a woman. Perhaps society is making up for century's of male domination.

Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Imperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #17
Arcadian Empire

I know I wouldn't be saying that if I was a woman. Two sides to every debate...

I shall look forward to the debates I shall have with the Mrs. AE, which of course will always end up in huggles or caek.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics General Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireMost Active Legionnaire
Old 08-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #18
Imperial
Who this?

Nation: The Imperial Empire

Discord name: Imperial

Or if you're lucky, secks?

Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Imperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #19
Arcadian Empire

But caek!

Old 08-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #20
DarkNoble
Lord and Master

Nation: Ambroshia

Try being a man in a a women's world and see what happens...
The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Loyalty Award
DarkNoble is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Tags
bbs