The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > The Legion Hall of Fame

The Legion Hall of Fame The Legion's most famous Legionnaires are forever immortalized here, in the Legion Hall of Fame.

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
Iron Wolf
The war drums have a groovy dance beat

Nation: Rising Force
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Iron_Wolf

Default Hubb of WV United Republic

Hubb of WV United Republic

Hubb first joined The Legion on November 30, 2006. That was back when our home was on Invisionfree and our government of 5 cabinet members were directly elected by the membership. He worked in the Ministry of Defense tirelessly, and also as a respected member of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. During the Unjust War Hubb was in a new role as Legion Justice. His ability to listen to both sides of a debate were tested by the first Legion trial of a very popular member who stood accused of launching a first nuclear strike against a \m/ nation during the war. It was a very controversial event in The Legion that Hubb and the other justices navigated our alliance through.

He returned to our ranks after Purplegate on June 12, 2008 where he resumed his work in Defense and in Foreign Affairs. In the MoD, he eventually worked his way up to Commodore, the number 2 position in Defense. Totem had to find a new Commodore when the new Imperator, Imperial, chose Hubb to be Proconsul.

When we as an alliance were in the process of electing the Imperator, Hubb threw his name into the ring. I asked him at that time if he was sure that he was ready to lead a bunch of whiny drama llamas with a penchant for flame-fests. Without hesitation he told me that yes, he was ready to lead The Legion if the alliance would give him the chance.

He got the chance to lead as the head of The Legion January 31, 2009. Just days later, his leadership was tested as we entered into what has been called the Bi-Polar War or the 2nd Unjust War. He continued on as our Imperator until he stepped down on July 2, 2010. He remains a direct, no nonsense voice of reason in the Government Advisory Council.

Hubb, your contributions to our alliance are too many to fully list. The Legion has been made a better place to call home thanks to your tireless work on our behalf. Your entry into our Hall of Fame has been a long time in coming.

Shall Hubb be enshrined in our memories and hearts now and forever.

Unity is Strength. Ave Legio.

Inducted on October 17, 2010.

Captain, Imperial Zombie Infantry (ret), Knight of the Undead Legion

Glory -- Sometimes, you just have to draw your weapons, say "f*ck it" and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher View Post
Good people can see me panic as I legit though the alliance was going to hand me my balls over the city gates.

We were 2 steps away from a Watcher baked potato.
One Day WarGreat War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Closed Thread

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > The Legion Hall of Fame

Tags
hubb, republic, united, wv