The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:31 AM   #1
Melidan
The love child of Ayn Rand and Barry Goldwater

Nation: Melidan
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default First (MASSIVE) phailure for Obama

Sources: Obama chooses Chicago schools chief

Obama: Hey, lets take this big pile of shit NATIONAL!
Emanuel: Ok LOLOLOL!!

Really? No one else could do that job? I mean, anyone besides the head of the worst schools in America? NO ONE? I lived here my whole life... They are still the worst, no matter what anyone says. Trust me. Way to go, MORON.

Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Melidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
FreeMason
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Nation: Sexi Thyme

Default Re: First (MASSIVE) phailure for Obama

I promise you, Texas education is worse. But yeah. There are probably better options.
Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
FreeMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:24 AM   #3
Dark Force

Nation: Justice

Alliance:
World Task Force

Yep, he is going to bring this country together. His cabinet will consist of both Rep. and Dem...

To me, all I see is favors going out to his buddies so far. And as for the Republicans, all he has so far is Robert Gates. Gates is the "token" Republican I guess...

“I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."
- James Madison

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."
- Alexis de Tocqueville
Dark Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
The Corporal
Agent 47, Silent Assassin

Nation: New Milwaukee

Alliance:
Molon Labe

And Gates said he'd only stay on for a year or two to provide continuity in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Once he's gone an Obama lackey will replace him and the corrupt Illinois political machine will be able to move their headquarters to the White House.

What I don't understand is why Obama is making it so bluntly obvious that he's tapping the Good Ole Boy network for his administration. If he really intended on making his Cabinet bipartisan, he could have asked Laura Bush to be the Secretary of Education. I doubt she'd take it (after spending 8 years in D.C.) but the offer would mean something.
The Corporal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:04 PM   #5
Imperial
Who this?

Nation: The Imperial Empire

Discord name: Imperial

It honestly doesn't matter who he chooses for the Secretary of Education. The US has virtually no education policy and the DoE will probably continue to fall flat on its face as it has done so in the past. If he had appointed California's school chief, I would say we would even more screwed as everyone knows that the Los Angeles school districts produce the worst students in the nation. Oh well, I can't foresee any major education changes under Obama, just throwing more money at the problem.

Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Imperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
AzureShadow
This giant lollipop is going straight up your ass.

Nation: Coobie

Well I don't know jack shit about the education in Chicago, but I do know that it wasn't necessarily a poor choice for him. That's where he did most of his politicking, and I'm sure he knew her rather well, and if he liked some of her ideas for education well then there you go.

And, as Imperial said, the DoE doesn't really do much anyway.
Unjust WarKarma WarODN WarEquilibrium WarDoom WarNuclear SurvivorEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Service Ribbon
AzureShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #7
Dark Force

Nation: Justice

Alliance:
World Task Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureShadow View Post
Well I don't know jack shit about the education in Chicago, but I do know that it wasn't necessarily a poor choice for him. That's where he did most of his politicking, and I'm sure he knew her rather well, and if he liked some of her ideas for education well then there you go.
There in lies the problem, he doing the same thing Bush did of picking "Buddies." Not to mention, if he's not doing a good job locally, he probably won't nationally either.

Oh, not a big deal but its a him, not a her.

“I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."
- James Madison

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."
- Alexis de Tocqueville
Dark Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #8
Darth Elecian
Your Shepard has returned

Nation: Intergalactica

Discord name: SirDomblesan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melidan View Post

Obama: Hey, lets take this big pile of shit NATIONAL!
Emanuel: Ok LOLOLOL!!
rotflmao!

On a more serious note I'll have to agree with you on Obama's pick for Secretary of Education Melidan, Chicago School District Superintendant pick = fail. Then again, I think it is safe to say that all inner city school districts are all broken, even though they get like massive amounts of money thrown at them just for the teachers unions. Just look at the Milwaukee Public School District, they're talking about breaking it up in order to actually make the district work for once. I'm surprised they haven't dismantled the entire thing already. The only glimmer of hope is the Washington D.C. Superintendent, I forget her name but she was in Time magazine. She's tough as nails and she just may get parts of the D.C. school district fixed, even if she acts like another Robesphere.
Second Unjust WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Darth Elecian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #9
The Demon Lord

Nation: The Round Table

I really wish politicians knew what engineers and scientists were and how they use scientific processes and data analysis and critical thinking to innovate new or improve upon existing things. So we wouldn't get the same bullshit every 2, 4, 6, or however many years, when community organizers and the like get in a circle and hug it out and consider it a good day's work. Amazing that of all the members of congress, only one was formerly an engineer. Says a lot.
The Demon Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #10
McQuillen

Nation: McQuillen

Im sure there are going to be a lot of disagreements on things he does while in office...lets just all hope he doesn't drive us further into this shit heap we're already waist deep in.
McQuillen is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
massive, obama, phailure