The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:23 PM   #21
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: Should I take my dog to the store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Emperor Clot View Post
There are times I wish I could live in Denmark instead of the modern American Nanny State. They like bicycles and dogs. We practically kill off bicyclists, treat dogs like babies and put leashes on our kids. You know, in some states you have to secure your dog if it's in the bed of a pick up truck (good idea) but you don't have to secure people back there?
I am tempted to suggest that you ring up the store manager and see if there's an employee who wouldn't like to make a $5 tip on his break, by sitting out with your puppy. I know I would.
But in short, tell the officious moron it's ok, you have it all on the dash cam of your car, not to worry.
What a country.
I have basically no sympathy for bikers in the US, because I've been hit as a pedestrian more times than I've seen a biker use any sort of turn signal.

Or take last week when a biker, at night, in dark clothes, with virtually no reflectors and no lights, comes towards me on a two lane road, with a sidewalk on either side, IN MY FUCKING LANE.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #22
justavictim82
I assure you Legion that I am still the liquor

Nation: AllAboutThePentiums

Discord name: Justavictim82 #0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
what do you feed that thing? Horses?
Ponies... No just about 10 lbs of dog food a week between the two.
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
justavictim82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:54 PM   #23
Megamind

Nation: MLW worldwide

Discord name: Megamind

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
I have basically no sympathy for bikers in the US, because I've been hit as a pedestrian more times than I've seen a biker use any sort of turn signal.
Guess someone needs to teach those damn Americans some cycling culture. I mean you ALWAYS put out your hand to show that you're turning, that's just logic...I mean seriously people!

Quote:
Or take last week when a biker, at night, in dark clothes, with virtually no reflectors and no lights, comes towards me on a two lane road, with a sidewalk on either side, IN MY FUCKING LANE.
You don't have laws about lights on bikes? We do. Also if you had a bicycle lane, then he wouldn't even have needed to be in either of the driving lanes
Great War IIICoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Megamind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:29 AM   #24
Lord Emperor Clot
No, not really....

Nation: Clotvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamind View Post
Guess someone needs to teach those damn Americans some cycling culture. I mean you ALWAYS put out your hand to show that you're turning, that's just logic...I mean seriously people!

You don't have laws about lights on bikes? We do. Also if you had a bicycle lane, then he wouldn't even have needed to be in either of the driving lanes
This.
And the guy in dark clothes w/ no lights and no brains (no helmet?) isn't really a cyclist- he won't last that long, lol For every stupid noob biker story, I know a story like a city bus using 50 yards of bike lane just to make a turn.
Americans are LEARNING to ride. A lot of folks are slow learners.
Equilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardDefense Medal of ValorEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service Ribbon
Lord Emperor Clot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:06 AM   #25
Immerael
The Legion's Resident Demi God

Nation: Goldoa

Discord name: Immerael[TheLegion]

Yeah I cycle to class most days. Not that I can do that now it's too damn cold to be doing that. Bike lanes are great but I have campus shuttles using the motherfuckers as parking spots and the campus and regular police just drive on by. -_-
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarSnake Eyes WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator Award
Immerael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:55 AM   #26
bjalbert
Pitier of Fools

Nation: BA Baracus

Discord name: bjalbert[Legion|Imperator]

Quote:
Honestly here, in Denmark, many, if not most, stores have hooks outside that you can tie your dog to when you go into the store. Hell I saw one recently that had added a little doghouse outside that the dog could sit in while it's owner went shopping.

So yeah, the fact that you even have to ask seems a bit strange from my point of view...but many things about your crazy country does, sooooo
That is awesome!

Quote:
There are times I wish I could live in Denmark instead of the modern American Nanny State. They like bicycles and dogs. We practically kill off bicyclists, treat dogs like babies and put leashes on our kids. You know, in some states you have to secure your dog if it's in the bed of a pick up truck (good idea) but you don't have to secure people back there?
I am tempted to suggest that you ring up the store manager and see if there's an employee who wouldn't like to make a $5 tip on his break, by sitting out with your puppy. I know I would.
But in short, tell the officious moron it's ok, you have it all on the dash cam of your car, not to worry.
What a country.
Good points!

Quote:

We have laws for lights. Many cyclists blow thru stop signs and don't signal for turning. I am not one of those people. Also, if you don't have a bike light and are hit by a car, you may be found at fault (I know someone who was). So, the laws are not crazy here, just the people who disobey them.

Quote:
This.
And the guy in dark clothes w/ no lights and no brains (no helmet?) isn't really a cyclist- he won't last that long, lol For every stupid noob biker story, I know a story like a city bus using 50 yards of bike lane just to make a turn.
Americans are LEARNING to ride. A lot of folks are slow learners.
true that.

Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
bjalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:13 AM   #27
Megamind

Nation: MLW worldwide

Discord name: Megamind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjalbert View Post
We have laws for lights. Many cyclists blow thru stop signs and don't signal for turning. I am not one of those people. Also, if you don't have a bike light and are hit by a car, you may be found at fault (I know someone who was). So, the laws are not crazy here, just the people who disobey them.
Well that's something. Here in Denmark it's not uncommon to see police set up somewhere and pick up people breaking the traffic laws on bike, just like they set up to catch people breaking the laws while driving their cars...
Great War IIICoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Megamind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:08 AM   #28
bjalbert
Pitier of Fools

Nation: BA Baracus

Discord name: bjalbert[Legion|Imperator]

Maybe our cops are too out of shape
Everywhere I have been, it has been no harm, no foul policy.

Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
bjalbert is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
dog, store