The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:35 AM   #21
Villalba
Ill nail those traitors to the senate floor

Nation: Nueva Esparta
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: Must read - Iraq war article

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corporal View Post
I could not have said it better myself. One thing you can notice between Iraq today and Iraq of a few years ago is that the situation has gotten a lot better. It might only be another 2 years before the situation has stabilized to the point where our presence is no longer required in force.
Your right, but still it feels like :angry4::xena_banana:
Coalition WarIch Dien Silver Award
Villalba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #22
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits

I would be more inclined to agree if the president was anyone but Bush. No one can argue that the real cost in this war came from civilan contractors, the big ones being Haliburton and Blackwater. Both of these companies have strong tie to the republican party and to the Bush administaration. Given that everyone in the CIA told Bush that there were no terrorists in Iraq, as well as no WMD, or any of the other reasons we went, and that we could have easily finished Afganistan, I feel there is foul ball here.

Also, for the surge, did you read the papers last week? Sadar borke his cease-fire and all hell broke lose until he called it off. The peace comes from militas not fighting because they chose not to, not because they are afraid to. Anabar province is beeing paid 10$ a day per person to not fight. That's not progress, that's propoganda for the blind American people who don't really know or care what's happening.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #23
The Corporal
Agent 47, Silent Assassin

Nation: New Milwaukee

Alliance:
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
I would be more inclined to agree if the president was anyone but Bush. No one can argue that the real cost in this war came from civilan contractors, the big ones being Haliburton and Blackwater. Both of these companies have strong tie to the republican party and to the Bush administaration. Given that everyone in the CIA told Bush that there were no terrorists in Iraq, as well as no WMD, or any of the other reasons we went, and that we could have easily finished Afganistan, I feel there is foul ball here.

Also, for the surge, did you read the papers last week? Sadar borke his cease-fire and all hell broke lose until he called it off. The peace comes from militas not fighting because they chose not to, not because they are afraid to. Anabar province is beeing paid 10$ a day per person to not fight. That's not progress, that's propoganda for the blind American people who don't really know or care what's happening.
Right now in Afghanistan the only way to easily finish the fighting would be to tac-nuke every square inch of mountains in the south and east of the country. France is sending another 1000 troops because the Taliban resistance is still alive and kicking. I highly doubt anyone in the administration, even the worst yes-men, could claim that Afghanistan would be "easily finished."

And yes, civilian contractors are the primary reason why the war is so expensive and yes, Halliburton is a giant bunch of jerks, but would you rather we just left every building we destroyed as they are - piles of rubble? I say that even though the situation we're in now (with the expense of the war and the cronyism between the government and Halliburton, etc.) is preferable to forcing Iraqi children to hold classes in piles of rubble. We went in there, we ousted an evil dictator, the way we ousted the dictator allowed sectarian violence to throw Iraq into turmoil, now we have to finish what we started and make Iraq a better place than when we went in. Period.
The Corporal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:17 AM   #24
Villalba
Ill nail those traitors to the senate floor

Nation: Nueva Esparta

Problem with Iraq is that, the nation itself is full of Bs. Oil pipelines dirty and broken. Good insurgency strategy, and a weird yet effective way of fighting. By going on roofs, bombing cars, hiding below ground. Let me tell you. Even if the US and A, is successfull. Then it would have cut the military strenght by half. If this isn't over by 2010...well, im happy not to be in America.
Coalition WarIch Dien Silver Award
Villalba is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
article, iraq, read, war