The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:01 AM   #1
Melidan
The love child of Ayn Rand and Barry Goldwater

Nation: Melidan
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Obama's Pastor

So... Say there was a white guy who was running for President. This white guy was a conservative, and a Christian. Say this guy had a pastor, who railed against black people, used profanity and the n-word at the pulpit...

This candidate for President would be reviled by the media (and rightly so) for associating with such unsavory characters.

Time to introduce you to Jeremiah Wright, friend of Barack Obama.

Jeremiah A. Wright

Quote:
“What I value most about Pastor Wright is not just his day-to-day political advice,” Obama told the paper. “He’s much more of a sounding board for me to make sure that I am speaking truthfully about what I believe is possible and that I’m not losing myself in some of the hype and hoopla and stress that’s involved in national politics.” - Barack Obama, 1/27/07 Chicago Tribune
Quote:
Obama said that Wright keeps his "priorities straight and his moral compass calibrated.". source, Chicago Tribune
emphasis added

Quote:
Obama has said that in the fall of 2006, he broached the subject of a run for the presidency with Wright, who encouraged him to go ahead. - source, Chicago Tribune
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=c4WMqlfiQKo[/media]

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nH5ixmT83JE[/media]

So this is the guy that Barack Obama calls a close friend and advisor..?

Incase you didn't watch the whole video, here are some lovely exerts

Quote:
...."The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law, and then wants us to sing God bless America? No, no, no! Not God bless America! God damn America! -- it's in the Bible -- for killing innocent people! God damn America for treating her citizens as less than human!"
Quote:
"Hillary ain't never been called a N**ger!"
Below, quotes not in video..

Quote:
We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye. We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant?! Because the stuff we have done overseas is not brought back into our front yard? Americans chickens are coming home to roost. (Speaking the Sunday after September 11, 2001)
Quote:
"US of KKK A"
All this at the pulpit at his Chicago church

Wright also says that he and Louis Farrakhan traveled to Libya in 1984 to visit Moammar Gadhafi.

You would think a man who has been such a close friend and influence to Obama would garner some media attention because of his hateful rhetoric..?

His association with this man is disturbing.
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Melidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:37 AM   #2
Iron Wolf
The war drums have a groovy dance beat

Nation: Rising Force

Discord name: Iron_Wolf

Default Re: Obama's Pastor

He needs a new sounding board and moral compass.

Captain, Imperial Zombie Infantry (ret), Knight of the Undead Legion

Glory -- Sometimes, you just have to draw your weapons, say "f*ck it" and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher View Post
Good people can see me panic as I legit though the alliance was going to hand me my balls over the city gates.

We were 2 steps away from a Watcher baked potato.
One Day WarGreat War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Iron Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:45 AM   #3
The Corporal
Agent 47, Silent Assassin

Nation: New Milwaukee

Alliance:
Molon Labe

I say they both need to be deported to Libya. Then they can hate America all they want.
The Corporal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:55 AM   #4
wesley

Nation: Drunktopia

Alliance:
MOLON LABE

Yay! Obama/Wright the racists for President/VP '08!
wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:08 AM   #5
delgursh

Nation: New Republic of Rome

Alliance:
IRON

I think thats being blown out of proportion by the media...especially the Obama hates America jive.

delgursh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #6
Melidan

It's not so much that he hates America (we don't know if he hates America), just so much as the "blame America" crowd he hangs around with. With this guy as their pastor, it's no suprise that Michelle Obama said that she was "proud of her country for the first time in her adult life," just a few weeks ago.
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Old 03-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #7
Woody

Nation: Wilsonovia

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/...ter/index.html

Hes off the campaign now anyway.
Great War IIIBronze Admiralty Ribbon
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #8
Villalba
Ill nail those traitors to the senate floor

Nation: Nueva Esparta

I knew it. I knew it. Obama is the antichrist. So that means he is going to win because he has the devils luck.
Coalition WarIch Dien Silver Award
Villalba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #9
Melidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post

Obama is doing some serious damage control...

Quote:
Wright's departure from the Obama camp, the Illinois senator denounced some of the ministers's sermons, calling them "inflammatory and appalling."

"I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies," Obama wrote on the liberal Web site Huffingtonpost.com about recently surfaced sermons from Wright -- his longtime pastor at the Trinity United Church of Christ.
Funny.. he finds his words "inflammatory and appalling" but has been a member of his church for 20 years, called him a trusted advisor and mentor and as recently as 2007 donated $20,000 to his church. Would you support the church of a racist separatist?

I don't care what Obama says now.. I only care why he was so close with him all these years.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #10
delgursh

Nation: New Republic of Rome

Alliance:
IRON

I'm assuming its like Obama said in an interview...He saw that man as an uncle since hes known him for so long. He said they spoke to one another mostly about religious views, not politics and wasn't present for those big rants they are playing on TV.

Obama likened it to if you had a crazy family member who said things you didn't like. You may disagree with them, but at the end of the day they are still family, so you can't just disown them. Since Obama was so close to him for so long, it must have been tough distancing himself from someone he was so close with.

delgursh is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
obama, pastor