Old 12-26-2016, 07:37 PM   #5
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: Contest - US College Football Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy5214 View Post
It's not possible to win an OT NCAA game by exactly 4 points, unless the losing team lost its mind or if mass chaos ensued. There are two ways for your scenario to play out. The first is OSU scoring a TD on its first possession, kicking the extra point, and having their opponent kick a field goal instead of trying to actually win the game. The second is OSU scoring a touchdown, their opponent returning the conversion for two points, and then the opponent not scoring on their possession. Good luck even getting odds in Vegas on either happening. If OSU went second in OT and their opponent kicked a FG in the first possession, a TD by OSU would end the game immediately: no conversion opportunity.

By the way, I'll pick Alabama by 6. I think they'd have a tougher time against Clemson, based on last year's Playoff Final, but I think it'll be close either way. No offense to Petersen and Washington (I'm a Boise State fan.), while I chose them over Penn State for getting in, I don't think they have much of a shot vs. Alabama. They'd need Boise-style trick plays, and Alabama is not Oklahoma.

Ah, good point. Which only makes my bet even more profitable.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire

Last edited by tom the pit leader; 12-26-2016 at 07:46 PM.
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote