Old 08-23-2019, 12:27 AM   #2
Alexander Kerensky

Nation: Strana Mechty
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Alexander

Default Re: The Amazon is Burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Windmark View Post
This makes me so sad, I cannot even watch the reports on the news networks...true that this has not just become an issue now as its been going on for years but President Bolsonaros reaction is medieval and absolutely disgraceful.
The truth of the matter is a bit more of a grey area, unfortunately. Until yesterday most of the pictures/videos were from years past and purposefully used to conflate the situation by would be ne'er-do-wells.

Unfortunately as this comes more and more to light it degrades the situation directly against the cause those people wanting to shine a light on.

Is the Amazon on fire, yes. Every July & August the Amazon has a massive burn off averaging 50 thousand separate fires each year over the last decade. Like any statistic this number includes everything from large multi-kilometer blazes to small quarter acre purposeful back burns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Windmark View Post
I would be in favour of heavy sanctions against Brazil and Bolivia and any other country that doesnt protect resources that keep the world alive. This includes The United States for not taking climate change seriously.
This is a pretty dangerous statement. In your opinion who is allowed to decide the resources that need protecting and at which point they can decide to adjudicate the sovereignty of another country for not protecting them?
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonRecruitment Service AwardEducation AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardMost Serious Legionnaire
Alexander Kerensky is offline   Reply With Quote