Nation: Rising Force
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Iron_Wolf

Default The Rise, Fall, and Rebirth of The Legion

The Rise, Fall, and Rebirth of The Legion

Contributions made by over 1,600 Legionaries

January 2006 to July 2008

Forward

This work is first and foremost written for Legionaries by Legionaries. This is not the story of one or of several famous alliance members. This is about all of us, from the humblest of nations with only 1 NS and having never posted anything other than their application for membership to those who have received our accolades and positions of greatest honors. This is a record of our history, our actions or in-actions, as told by those who were there to bear witness to or were the cause of the events.

My sources for this tale come from many different Legionaries. Some are Hall of Famers long gone, and general membership here currently; some have served the alliance with distinction and others who have only just begun their careers. The greatest debts go out to Sinatra, VL Empire, Korlus, and Lord Swampy. Their memories and memoirs of the earliest of times were fully ransacked in the creation of this history. Where necessary, the CN Wiki has been used for date references and other involved alliances.

When I first started this writing, I had what I had thought a simple goal in mind: restore the knowledge base of Legion-specific events and a point of view that was lost due to the events of Purplegate, the subsequent exodus, deletion by outgoing members, and the final blow of our old forum home being destroyed by one or more hackers. I believe that *we* have succeeded in restoring that Legion-centric record of events.

In creating this labor of love, I have found a renewed respect for the community we have founded and continue to keep alive. It is like none other; this is a fact.

o/ Ave!

/s/
Iron Wolf of Lakota
July 14, 2008

Contents

I. The Birth of the Eagle: Inception to 2nd Polar War

II. Rise and Humbled: 2nd Polar War to Great War III

III. Under Siege: Great War III to Great War IV-The Unjust War

IV. The Eagle Falls & is Reborn: Great War IV- to Purplegate and Beyond (July 2008)

Captain, Imperial Zombie Infantry (ret), Knight of the Undead Legion

Glory -- Sometimes, you just have to draw your weapons, say "f*ck it" and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher View Post
Good people can see me panic as I legit though the alliance was going to hand me my balls over the city gates.

We were 2 steps away from a Watcher baked potato.
One Day WarGreat War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award

Last edited by Iron Wolf; 10-20-2008 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Removing Links; I phail