Old 02-18-2016, 09:26 AM   #40
Konkrage
Xineoph touched me here.

Nation: Konkrage1
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: The Legion Turns 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by King William IV View Post
Someone asked me to write something and I may or may not have forgotten until way late.

The Legion was all about hard work, learning to accept change, and finding unique solutions. Hard work because I had to keep a nation alive at a military school with no cybernations access, because any work one does would mostly go unnoticed, and because of many hours of IRC and debates that lead to results. It was about accepting change, because I joined right after GW3, I went through purple gate with many of you, and between that, the first occupation, the first charter, and constantly trying to improve a dwindling player base and public reputation that would shift on a whim. The unique solutions was the best part, it's where I got to dabble with the folks like LadyAberdeen, Hubb, TGOL, Melidan, totem, Iron Wolf, clock, Arb, Arcadian, Sinatra, Jacosby (ty for watching my nation), Assarax (first person I got to know), Lord Necro, Imperial, so many I'm forgetting and importantly Konkrage. In my time we got rid of the representative system and switched to the imperator govt, between hours of debate in the forums, the first draft that people didn't see was debated about on IRC between a few folks and I before a draft was presented. Those late nights talking with folks like Konk and totem helped shape the alliances future. Special shoutout to Iron Wolf and my love child, the praetorian guard. Konkrage, you kept me on an even keel many times, thanks for that. To you fine folks who remain, Ave Legio, and may you get as much or more out of your time here than I did.

/s/
King William IV
Former Representative
Former Speaker of the House
Former Minister of Foreign Affairs
Forever a Legionnaire

My man! Glad you could stop by.

Casualties Peak Rank: #1 Defending, #3 Overall
Nukes Sent: 482 | Nukes Taken: 165

Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarBi-cycle War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Konkrage is offline   Reply With Quote