View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 02:43 AM   #5
happy5214 
Econ Chief

Nation: Manitae
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: happy5214

Default Re: 2020 Major League Baseball Playoffs

Tampa Bay has been the best team in the AL this season, and the (not Devil) Rays will win this only regular-season rematch versus Toronto/Buffalo.

Shane Bieber won the Triple Crown across baseball, leading both leagues in wins, ERA, and strikeouts. Make of that what you will in this shortened season (asterisk perhaps?), but combined with the rest of their arms it'll probably be enough for the Indians to end the Yankees' title run early.

Minnesota broke the single-season home run record in 2019, and they won the division again this year. The Twins should be able to advance over the 'stros.

This is a low-confidence pick, but I'll take the Athletics over the White Sox in 3.

I can't imagine the Dodgers losing in the first round again, and the Brewers will be the unfortunate victims.

Realistically, the Padres will probably win this series, but I would be a terrible fan if I didn't pick my Cardinals for the upset in this one.

Similarly, I have to pick against the Cubs, so I'll go with the Marlins.

In honor of Lybrand, who I'll ping, I'll pick his Braves over the Reds.

My picks are bolded.
happy5214, by the Grace of the Imperator and the Consul of Internal and Economic Affairs, Senator, Chief Economic Coordinator, Director of Trades, Chancellor of the Treasury, and Chief Censor, Voter of Team Proposals, Enactor of Purple Sanctions, Executor of Financial Policy, Organizer and Protector of the Circles, Comptroller of Allied National Resources, Head Merchant of Tech, Bringer of Aid, Expander of Nations, Collector of Statistics, and Analyst of the Game.

For today, we aid. For tomorrow, we tech deal. For all, we trade. Forever, wir dienen.

Vivu feliĉe kaj amike, parolu la veron, kaj elektu la bezonojn de ĉiuj anstataŭ viajn.

Ave Legio.

While I have worked to improve the quality of The Legion, I have accumulated the following awards:

Maroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardEconomics General Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Active LegionnaireMost Serious LegionnaireMost Improved Legionnaire
happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote