PDA

View Full Version : Politicians/Prostitutes

Villalba
03-12-2008, 01:43 PM
So what is new? Aren't we making a big deal about it...I mean sure prostitution is illegal, and is considered a taboo. But if we were to take every politician in our history, who has been Senator, President, Governor...etc. Then we would have had to impeach every single one of them. Including most of the Nation founding fathers, almost every national hero. Great presidents, lousy ones.

Then that would mean that, they are just making a big deal about this to ounce again, turn our heads to what is truly happening...Which i have no idea.

Melidan
03-12-2008, 03:12 PM
No. Elliot Spitzer is a scumbag.. A self righteous, holier then thou, hypocrite. His history as an asshole precedes him.. He showed no mercy on anyone, even innocent people and always made a point to get in someones face, scream at them and tell them how much better he is then them. This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Also.. Merrill Lynch offices in New York stopped work for a half hour and served champagne the day this news came out. (http://www.nypost.com/seven/03112008/news/regionalnews/champagne_flows_amid_cheers_on_wall_st__101352.htm)

The Corporal
03-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Spitzer relentlessly went after people while he was Attorney General (I think he even attacked [other] prostitution rings) and now he has to sleep in the bed he made.

AzureShadow
03-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Blah blah political scandals... honestly, they make way too big a deal out of these things. American media really is a shithole these days. Even if he's a scumbag, noone deserves that kind of media treatment just because they paid to get laid. (c wut I did thar?)

Jan Liqua
03-12-2008, 05:59 PM
In the grand terms of sex scandals, Elliot Spitzer's prosecution of prostitution rings while paying for sex isn't nearly as bad as Foley chairing the committee overseeing laws and regulation of child predators while being one himself.

It's just another one of them. The fact that he prosecuted sex rings may make him a hypocrite, but at least he tried to stop the sex rings; as opposed to Vitter using the DC Madam's services, apologizing briefly, and continuing business as usual. Sure, he led himself into a trap, but I don't see it as any worse than any of the dozens of sex scandals that pop up.

Imperial
03-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Although he has been cast down as a bad man, the work he did really did help clean up Wall Street. Of course Merrill Lynch, is throwing a party. Prostitution is legal in parts of the US, illegal in the vast majority of it. It is one of the taboo things in our culture. And while he was a hypocrite on the issue, he still managed some good. No human is perfect, except those in power come under greater scrutiny than those who are not.

Aporime
03-13-2008, 04:52 AM
I don't think prostitution is that big of a deal. It was two consenting adults regardless of any money exchange. Any moral issues are between him and his family. The bigger problem is that if he can blow $80k on hookers, we're paying him way too much.

Imperial
03-13-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't think prostitution is that big of a deal. It was two consenting adults regardless of any money exchange. Any moral issues are between him and his family. The bigger problem is that if he can blow $80k on hookers, we're paying him way too much.

Politicians tend to make lots of money on the side...consulting, giving speeches and things of that sort.

Iron Wolf
03-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Just about anyone has a side of themselves they'd REALLY rather not have posted all over the news. I agree with Aporime's take on things.. the US really does make way too much out of sex scandals for the most part. I think it's in our Puritanical roots. My take on sex scandals is that as long as it's between two (or more) consenting adults then it doesn't matter. Oh... and if someone is making $80k for a night of sex, I applaud them for their ability to pitch one hell of a sale. I'd just really rather it not come out of taxpayers' wallets is all.

AzureShadow
03-14-2008, 03:02 AM
Just about anyone has a side of themselves they'd REALLY rather not have posted all over the news. I agree with Aporime's take on things.. the US really does make way too much out of sex scandals for the most part. I think it's in our Puritanical roots. My take on sex scandals is that as long as it's between two (or more) consenting adults then it doesn't matter. Oh... and if someone is making $80k for a night of sex, I applaud them for their ability to pitch one hell of a sale. I'd just really rather it not come out of taxpayers' wallets is all.

Basically... prostitution seems like a silly thing to be illegal. If you have the cash to throw away, why the hell should anyone else care?

The Corporal
03-16-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm not opposed to prostitution, but when you claim to be a vanguard of morality and hunt down and close every brothel you come across and you then turn out to be the client in a prostitution ring, there's a problem. Hypocrisy is so rampant in politics these days - Spitzer and hookers, Gore and his electricity bill, the list goes on.

Melidan
03-16-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm not opposed to prostitution, but when you claim to be a vanguard of morality and hunt down and close every brothel you come across and you then turn out to be the client in a prostitution ring, there's a problem. Hypocrisy is so rampant in politics these days - Spitzer and hookers, Gore and his electricity bill, the list goes on.

This^ to the max

Villalba
03-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Hypocrisy is so rampant in politics these days - Spitzer and hookers, Gore and his electricity bill, the list goes on.

Thats because polis are well known Hipo's. The only politician who wasn't that much of an hypocrite is George W. Bush. Because he stand tall to what he believed in, and did not gave in, even when his ratings bit the dust.

bitermer
06-12-2011, 10:13 PM
:iiam:

Makaveli
06-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Old dudes gotta get some action.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/RiverIsMyGoddess/icons/smiley_devious.gif