PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls V

Lord Zarcaine
05-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally from: www.maximumpc.com

Dust hasn't even began to think about settling around Fallout 3's cushy new spot on store shelves, but developer Bethesda already has the coordinates set for its next megaton's drop date. According to publishing exec Paul Oughton, Bethesda plans on releasing another title in its sprawling, freeform Elder Scrolls series of RPGs -- in only two years, no less.

"At the moment we've got Fallout 3 for this year and potentially there's a new Elder Scrolls title in 2010," said Oughton.

So, there's the "what" and "when," but how about the "where"?

"At the moment we're not that interested in the Wii. We're going to stick to PS3, Xbox 360 and PC," he noted, giving gamers everywhere one less thing to worry about.

Considering Fallout 3's boundless expanses, as well as Bethesda's potential plans for dog armor, d'awwwwdorable dog feet pajamas, and other downloadable things of the like, 2010 sounds like the perfect time to unravel a new Elder Scrolls. We do have one question, though: how can you follow up expeditions into and subsequent ass-kicking of hell itself? Kind of nuked the fridge there, we think.

Master Holton
05-11-2010, 04:59 PM
I can't wait for TES V to come out. I would like to see them make it a world thing where you can travel through the provinces. I've played since morrowind and i'm a big fan. I also wanna see the Nine Divines get more active in the game and I want them to bring back the factions they took out. Also: Werewolves would be cool. Werewolf/ vampire faction would be cool. =D

Jooshbox234
05-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Played TES III and IV, both great games. Also, Fallout III was good too. I just like the idea of a free roaming game :D

Lord Zarcaine
05-11-2010, 05:09 PM
I had submitted an idea that brought together the building of a fortress in ES III with the buying of a house in ES IV. It'd let you buy a plot of land and build a new city, or you could become the Count or Countess of a city, or even become the Emperor.

Jooshbox234
05-11-2010, 05:13 PM
huh, thats sounds cool, what did they say to it? Or did they not respond...

Master Holton
05-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Yeah i agree. I had an essay of ideas me and my friends compiled for the new ES game and I emailed it to Bethsda. They replied "We aren't taking suggestions at this time".

Lord Zarcaine
05-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah i agree. I had an essay of ideas me and my friends compiled for the new ES game and I emailed it to Bethsda. They replied "We aren't taking suggestions at this time".

I cant find the original email they sent to me, but I remember it said. "Although we have no current plans for a fifth Elder Scrolls game, we enjoyed the idea and work put into it." They also gave me a link to another site that the develops often look over to have me repost it there.

Master Holton
05-11-2010, 05:25 PM
How long ago did you send it?

Zyvexal
05-11-2010, 05:28 PM
i just got IV cuz my friend insisted that I play it... He gave me half a gig worth of mods and 2 expansions too...

Therefore I am thoroughly confused.

Lord Zarcaine
05-11-2010, 05:57 PM
i just got IV cuz my friend insisted that I play it... He gave me half a gig worth of mods and 2 expansions too...

Therefore I am thoroughly confused.

Main Story line Oblivion - Kick the crap out of Hell

Story Line Knights of the Nine - Reclaim Artifacts Blessed by Gods

Story Line Shivering Isle - Become the God of Madness

Imperial
05-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Meh, I don't think Bethesda is the amazing developer people claim them to be. Their games seem shallow next to BioWare :wub:

That said I've played Morrowind & Oblivion, Fallout 3 and expect a much better game out of ES V.

Zyvexal
05-11-2010, 06:39 PM
I like Dragon Age better. :P

I have trouble with huge ass RPG games like oblivion because I'm way too OCD... I have to finish EVERY SINGLE side quest, and pick up EVERY SINGLE item... I could barely make it out of the dungeons in the beginning because I didn't want to drop a single piece of rat meat or random pieces of yarn. :cry:

So I'm in the market district of the imperial city now... and it's a nightmare lol... There are like 80 shops, each with about 120124125 items that you can pick up... like cups and stuff... I just exited the game at that point lol... maybe when I'm feeling up to it, I'll go back and pick up all the items and sell them to somebody and rinse and repeat...

It's gonna take me a few months just to get out of the marketplace...

Crispy99
05-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Oblivion IV is one of my favourite games, I can't wait for the next one.

Legionnaire
05-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Meh, I don't think Bethesda is the amazing developer people claim them to be. Their games seem shallow next to BioWare :wub:

To be honest, both developer studios are painfully unoriginal. The upper hand goes to Bioware for using more than 4 voice actors, and actually using decent animations.

Also, they both stroke the wallet, HURR DURR new addon; donkey armor, sword with fairies on it, etc. GIEF MONIES!

Commander Thrawn
05-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Oblivion sucked combat wise, it was impressive graphically but they made things too easy/annoying with the "world levels around you" idea. Now something that would be awesome would be to remake Morrowind with Oblivion graphics and ditch the cliff chasers. Though that would go far too fast with fast travel.

Ganondorf X
05-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I've read alot of rumors that say the main story will take place in both morrowind and cyrodiil. But who knows we'll just have to wait till the game comes out i guess