PDA

View Full Version : Halo Reach Beta

Imperial
04-30-2010, 06:10 PM
I was lucky enough to grab one of the Reach Beta codes that Bungie has been handing out. Beta starts on the 3rd if you've got ODST. Keep checking www.bungie.net if you want to snag a code before the bots & vicious fans get them all. See you on the battlefield!

Master Holton
05-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I played this game one time since it came out. I wasn't impressed. Compared to the new stuff from the other game-to-game transitions. Sprint and the other powers are cool additions thought. But the new assault rifle is kinda lame. Plus the story behind the game: "SPARTAN III. The Cheaper, faster-made spartans." LAME I wana be a SUPER SOLDIER TO THE EXTREME. haha

Kinofp
05-10-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm playing this game too. Pretty fun, although grenades are sooooo overpowered, and the plasma pistol is actually insanely good. I love the DMR and needle rifle, although they seem a bit underpowered in a straight fight against the assault rifle. Also, Invasion is unbalanced for the elites, especially when they have to get the core, because all the spartans camp with the sword and the elites spawn really far away. Hopefully they will fix some of these problems but for now its really fun.

Imperial
05-10-2010, 05:29 PM
I think Invasion is surprisingly balanced (at least in the 1st and 2nd sections). I know that if you have a Spartan team that actually camps well, it becomes impossible but Elites need to coordinate as well. For instance Elites should wait for their battle buddy to catch up or spawn next to them.

I do have problems with the rapid respawning of the vehicles (Scorpion takes about 40 seconds) and how insanely hard they made the Banshee to pilot. Scorpion tank can just dominate as long as someone gives it a little cover from the plasma launcher.

But I'm also glad that the victory bonus is so small, there's really no reward or punishment for winning or losing so long as a player finishes the game.