The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 11-27-2020, 07:03 AM   #11
Xineoph 

Nation: Um
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Xineoph

Default Re: Protests for social justice

Quote:
Police officers don't know you and don't know if you are a friend or foe. They don't know what mental state your in or how you will react. They do carry guns and other weapons. Police officers are from mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers. Just because they put a uniform on does not mean they stopped being a loved one. Police officer are the for the most part are first on scene. They are asked and a lot of times forced into situations that require them to live with something horrific. I am a felon myself. I killed a man when I was 17 back in 1977. I was convicted and was given a 99 year prison term. I have been on parole since 1989. I have no fear of police and I don't blame them for my wrong doings. Nor would I ever harm them or anybody else ever again. If I get stopped due to a traffic violation, they run my tags and the traffic stop automatically becomes a felony stop and back up is called. Instead of one officer approaching my car I have three. Two on the side front doors and one at the back of the car. I always have all my information ready for them in plane sight. I turn the car off, turn on the dome light, I take the keys out of the ignition and place them far away from me. I stay seat belted and I roll down the window all the way and place my hands through the steering wheel and place them on the dash. I want them to feel safe. You can not stop someone from feelings. If we don't have law and order then we are doomed. Not all police officers are bad people.
See, that's the weird part for me. I presume that since the US so much larger than where I'm from, that means they're also more likely to encounter genuine psychos that want to trick and kill, but at the same time I feel if you're in the city and want to ask a question, in public, they should be rather chill about it.

Here's the part where I have issues with. The murder you committed was 40 years ago. 12 years passed and they gave you parole to live your life and yet they still treat you as the same person you were at back in 1977 despite you having been released 30 years ago.

That's where I disagree with your police methods. 30 years you've lived again a civilian life where they can view your background and yet they still treat you as a danger to the public and to themselves and for that alone they should be ashamed and for that the police in the US do need massive reform.

Quote:
You left no answer: President Lincoln made a comment concerning classification of people. The comment was made by a woman who endorsed slavery by the color shade of the skin tone. To paraphrase Lincoln, he said: So you agree that a person of a dark skin color should be a slave and her answer was Yes. Lincoln continue: So you agree that you yourself should be a slave. She didn't agree. Lincoln went on: Mam, you are darker than that lady over there. Her skin tone is a lot lighter than yours.
There's a silly meme/story of sorts quoting something very similar to what you said.
An American tourist visited Indonesia in the 90s, while there and traveling in a taxi, the driver advised him not to go to specific island because the inhabitants there are darker skinned and that is a sign of stupiditiy.

The tourist says: "Ha, you're darker skinned than me, surely you don't believe you're stupider than me."
The driver thought for a moment and just said "yes" to that statement.

Quote:
Now I can not agree that All rich people are bad nor do I agree that all religious people (Christian, Buddhist, Hindu ect... are bad people and whites) How do you decide who is good and who is bad? I am white I would like to know how I am to be dealt with? According to your statement: All rich; All religious and All Whites are bad people. Are we all to be lined up and exterminated?
One of us misread the other, but I do definitely do not think that anyone is a bad person just because of their economic advantages, their beliefs, or genetics. My argument instead is that people in power (who are rich by default) tend to drive conflict to keep themselves in power and that's the problem.

Quote:
I'm not going to go into the mechanics of the (stolen) election, but if one hasn't imbibed in the Kool-aid of partisan politics, the "social justice" movement in the US is taking an interesting turn. All of a sudden, we are in for 2 years at least of Jimmy Carter 2.0 with a man who seriously needs his meds to make it past 10 AM. But SHAZAM! Suddenly the movement is off the headlines, and the SJW types suddenly realize the new Biden cabinet will not resemble them! Will there be more riots? More Organized riots? Hardly. They have served their purpose. As the song goes, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss." I for one am looking forward to some world-class congressional gridlock.

That's the part that drives suspicion. They're only happy when they have everything, so it creates an underdog story for Trump that will definitely create riots if his reelection passes through courts or otherwise.
Second Polar WarWSA WarOne Day WarGreat War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Xineoph is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
justice, protests, social