The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > Entertainment & Technology

Entertainment & Technology Discussion of music, games, movies, and computer technology.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Nation: Neepolito Harnilito
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: VanikHardil

Alliance:
bjalbert

Default Final Fantasy Tactics.

Older game but still a great game. I am playing it again having never had the chance to actually finish it (due to system shuffling and other issues such as corrupted memory cards).

What do you think of it? Draw backs? Awesomeness? Etc?
I personally don't like the fact that when the screen goes dark and text appears, it seems to be typed by an old person with really bad carpal-tunnel with how slowly it appears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
Probably the one where you watch your step sister frig herself from the doorway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
Anyone can send 14 million troops into the wood chipper. That doesn't mean you learned anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Rob View Post
I have been busy as a ballsack in an orgy.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Improved Legionnaire
Vanik Hardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
SpecialMike
oaty the dimejizz

Nation: Alemania

Default Re: Final Fantasy Tactics.

Now I feel like playing that again, thanks. I loved Final Fantasy tactics as a kid. If you like the genre, try out disgaea for the ps2 if you ever get the chance. It has like weeks of gameplay. ._.

Spiced Rum War Vet

Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonEconomics Distinguished Service AwardMost Improved Legionnaire
SpecialMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
Larajoseph
Legion's biggest bookworm

Nation: Armida

Discord name: lara

Alliance:
Legion

I would play FFT over most of the later ones, after, say, FFIII. I loved the game, played thru it I don't how many times, and if I still had a copy and a PS I wouldn't be wasting my time on Facebook.

"Why in this land of great wealth is there great poverty?" Helen Keller (1912)
UTC -4
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Lifetime AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonEconomics Distinguished Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Larajoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:05 AM   #4
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Nation: Neepolito Harnilito

Discord name: VanikHardil

Alliance:
bjalbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialMike View Post
Now I feel like playing that again, thanks. I loved Final Fantasy tactics as a kid. If you like the genre, try out disgaea for the ps2 if you ever get the chance. It has like weeks of gameplay. ._.
I will check it out, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larajoseph View Post
I would play FFT over most of the later ones, after, say, FFIII. I loved the game, played thru it I don't how many times, and if I still had a copy and a PS I wouldn't be wasting my time on Facebook.
FF1-6, FF9, FFT, are all good, I don't like 7, 8, 10, 10(2), and haven't had the chance to play any newer ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
Probably the one where you watch your step sister frig herself from the doorway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
Anyone can send 14 million troops into the wood chipper. That doesn't mean you learned anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Rob View Post
I have been busy as a ballsack in an orgy.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Improved Legionnaire
Vanik Hardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
justavictim82
I assure you Legion that I am still the liquor

Nation: AllAboutThePentiums

Discord name: Justavictim82 #0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanik Hardil View Post
I will check it out, thanks.

FF1-6, FF9, FFT, are all good, I don't like 7, 8, 10, 10(2), and haven't had the chance to play any newer ones.
1: The game that got me into the RPG format
2: was ok... played it when they remade it for the PS1 and packaged with 1
3: Wasnt a fan
4: Probably my favorite in the whole series... too short though
5: Garbage... decent try with the job system but Tactics profected it
6: Great game with good storyline... needed to be a bit shorter.
7: Amazing... How can you hate this game VH?
8: Utter Garbage.... the worst in the series... so bad it should have never had the FF title on the box.
9: Great... returned to old school basics of 1 and 4
10: average at best... the x-2 killed the game though
11: Never played it... not an MMO guy
12: Excellent... adding an active background and losing the random battles gave the game its distinct feel. Story was only average however.
13: I own it and have never unsealed it from the celephane... I saw my buddy play it and it went on the backburner... wasnt impressed.

Tactics: Awesome... great story good mechinics game wise and good graphics for the time it was released
Tactics for GBA: meh... story lacked, wasn't nearly as good as the original.
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
justavictim82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:59 AM   #6
mojo882

Nation: kolsara

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavictim82 View Post
1: The game that got me into the RPG format
2: was ok... played it when they remade it for the PS1 and packaged with 1
3: Wasnt a fan
4: Probably my favorite in the whole series... too short though
5: Garbage... decent try with the job system but Tactics profected it
6: Great game with good storyline... needed to be a bit shorter.
7: Amazing... How can you hate this game VH?
8: Utter Garbage.... the worst in the series... so bad it should have never had the FF title on the box.
9: Great... returned to old school basics of 1 and 4
10: average at best... the x-2 killed the game though
11: Never played it... not an MMO guy
12: Excellent... adding an active background and losing the random battles gave the game its distinct feel. Story was only average however.
13: I own it and have never unsealed it from the celephane... I saw my buddy play it and it went on the backburner... wasnt impressed.

Tactics: Awesome... great story good mechinics game wise and good graphics for the time it was released
Tactics for GBA: meh... story lacked, wasn't nearly as good as the original.
guess i need to play the original. i LOVED tactics for GBA
Unjust WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator Award
mojo882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
justavictim82
I assure you Legion that I am still the liquor

Nation: AllAboutThePentiums

Discord name: Justavictim82 #0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo882 View Post
guess i need to play the original. i LOVED tactics for GBA
You do..... problem is good luck finding a copy. I dont think anyone that owned the game ever gave it up lol. It is an very very good game with a controversial storyline for its time.
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
justavictim82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:51 PM   #8
MrAdmiralX
Now you know, so now you die

Nation: Zorg Enterprises

Discord name: MrAdmiralX

Alliance:
Legion

Tactics could easily be my fav of the all FF titles, once you get calculator or TG cid the game is your oyster.

Since Jan 1. Tech Sent: 800 Money Sent: 15mil
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
MrAdmiralX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:50 AM   #9
Kivan
Trust us, we are a Committee

Nation: Nemiral

Discord name: KivanNemiral|Legion

Disgaea2 Fuck yeah
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
Kivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #10
Tzar Rob 
Killer's Bitch

Nation: The Shelter

Discord name: TzarRob|Legion

I have a PS2 and need new games. Ill go buy one.
Coalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarNSO WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomic Program Service Award
Tzar Rob is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > Entertainment & Technology

Tags
fantasy, final, tactics