The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #11
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: Debate: American Public Vs. American Army

well, given that only the army has access to EMP weapons unless you know how to make a non nuclear EMP weapon. If you do, please share this with me.

The only chace that the rebellion would have would be to be prepared logistically and get to the mountains ASAP. Any city would be simply seiged or cut down, also, try being in the open when an AWACK (sp?) radar plane is pinpointing the raport stike.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #12
IronsightSniper
Legion's Resident AppleJack

Nation:

Really, if the Congress enacted a bill in which our guns were to be disposed from us and the President creates a Detachment of the U.S. Army to secure these guns, there might as well be a revolution of 80 Million gun owners v.s. 1 Million Armed U.S. Land Forces. And if there's a fool scale revolution between the People and their Government, most likely many Armed Forces will dispose of their duties to fight for their families.

And yes, chances are we can win. A Molotov or two to the exhaust of an Abrams might disable it, and surely you can ZERG RUSH an Abrams and blow up the tank with home made bombs. Yes, chances are we won't have much luck against Low Flying Aircraft unless we steal some ordinance which isn't that hard when the people guarding it is all dead. The only real threat is Bombings from above. There are 3 ways to take down the Airforce. 1. Cut their Supply. Find where they're getting their jet fuel and destroy it. 2. Blow up the planes on land, they have to land eventually. 3. Kill the Pilots/Commanders of the Airfroce.

All in all, it is the Duty of the people to make sure the Government they appointed does not try to fuck them over, and thus an armed Government needs to be Governed by an armed public.
Coalition WarKarma WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
IronsightSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:37 PM   #13
Justin The Terrible
A Mucky Pup

Nation: USSRII

Quote:
Im an Expert marksman myself
i only missed the bullseye 1 time out of every 10 shots
same here dude lol They would only carpet bomb what they think will affect us most, but when we don't present an obvious target, like a base, What will there be to kill?
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarNuclear SurvivorSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Justin The Terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #14
Justin The Terrible
A Mucky Pup

EMP isn't all that hard to generate an overloaded transform generates it. I'm positive we'd think of something.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarNuclear SurvivorSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Old 04-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #15
Nedved I
Your authority is not recognized inside Fort Kickass

Nation: Nova Roma

Discord name: Nedved_I

Youd make a shot into a moving gun platform, Before or after they spray your fighters with mounted machine guns and Air to ground missiles, You cant swarm a tank when 1:You have several support troops, and one tank wont be by itself. I dont care how many people i with I am NOT rushing an M42.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarTetris WarIch Dien Gold AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Nedved I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #16
Lord Maverick

Nation: Maverick Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyseto123 View Post

And yes, chances are we can win. A Molotov or two to the exhaust of an Abrams might disable it, and surely you can ZERG RUSH an Abrams and blow up the tank with home made bombs.

Zerglings dont have hands O.o

and yea u have a major point

i mean we outnumber them and their army are made up of our public people that will detatch to protect their families
Lord Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #17
Lord Maverick

Nation: Maverick Empire

and justin has a point if u overload a transformer u can get a small emp

the problem with the EMP is that it will be small though.....
Lord Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #18
Nedved I
Your authority is not recognized inside Fort Kickass

Nation: Nova Roma

Discord name: Nedved_I

And American will, means nothing if you have artillery and bombs raining down on the homes your trying to protect. If im the president Im putting down a rebellion with any means short of nuclear weapons.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarTetris WarIch Dien Gold AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Nedved I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #19
Justin The Terrible
A Mucky Pup

The sights in the M1A1 are mirrors so think about it a molotov would engulf thefront of the tank blinding the gunner that MG42 wouldn't be so scarey blind now would it? a well placed small EMP would take the drone down. it would just be a matter of getting it there
Old 04-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #20
Sylar
Your Boss

Nation: East York

well other nations would definitely try to take us while that's happening.

and watch the movie red dawn its pretty much the same.
Karma WarInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Sylar is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
american, army, debate, public