The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > Entertainment & Technology

Entertainment & Technology Discussion of music, games, movies, and computer technology.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
ParkerBaby
Wait....what?

Nation: DurkaDerkastan
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default E3 Conferences!

Its overrrrrrrrrr

So, what did everyone think about what was presented?

In my personal opinion, EA and Sony won it big time, Nintendo poke the Kirby fangirl button in me that hasn't seen the light of day in a long, long time! Donkey Kong, Twisted Metal, Kirby and more were things I've been waiting to hear in the gaming industry for real, for a long time and I'm happy!

Microsoft kinda put me off with the shitty 'Kinect' demos, but the technology has implications as an assist to a stick controller instead of a stand alone. Interacting with displays on your screen, such as the door panels from Dead Space, are things they could do but seem uninterested.

Move really moved me because of the Dead Space 2 announcement a PS3 version would come with Dead Space Extraction, which I really wanted to play.

But the biggest winner for me was EA. Need for Speed, Medal of Honor and Crysis 2 really put me on my ass. Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Ghost Recon Future Soldier were the ONLY things from Ubisoft that I even stayed awake for, there rest looks pretty gay.

Also, Portal 2 on PS3. *squee*
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Gold AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
ParkerBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
IronsightSniper
Legion's Resident AppleJack

Nation:

Default Re: E3 Conferences!

Ghost Recon original is godly, other than that, until there is fully emersive gaming, I'm not leaving my chair for the crap they're spouting today.
Coalition WarKarma WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
IronsightSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
Imperial
Who this?

Nation: The Imperial Empire

Discord name: Imperial

Eh, I'm not too big on Kinect or Move. I prefer the controller but maybe Kinect just for the shits & giggles of navigating through menus or voice control of the console.

I had a joygasm over Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Imperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Zyvexal
Legion's Resident Chinaman

Nation: Zyvexal

Bah, EA, they've come out with too many shit games... CnC4 completely ruined the ending of the CnC universe. RA3 was ok though, but CnC4 was really shitty, so I've lost interest in EA until they come out with CnC Generals 2.
[19:19:52] * @Feibelman cries
“If a single member of a family eats, the whole family will not feel hungry." - Ave Legio!!!!
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonHero of the LegionSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service Ribbon
Zyvexal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
ParkerBaby
Wait....what?

Nation: DurkaDerkastan

I think a Generals 2 reveal would have killed me. I'm only interested in Kinect and Move because the technology can mean a bunch for interactivity as a side plate to the controller. Plus, Move had a few cool stage demos of some nice gameplay for Sorcery. That looks pretty cool, and the fact you can get Dead Space Extraction with Dead Space 2 pretty much sold it for meh.

But I loved when they announced the price, everyone clapped for the 50 bucks for Move, and then went SILENT when they added in the 30 bucks for the 'Sub Controller'. Haha. Fucking Sony.
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Gold AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
ParkerBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
Zyvexal
Legion's Resident Chinaman

Nation: Zyvexal

Haha, glad to have another Generals fan here.
[19:19:52] * @Feibelman cries
“If a single member of a family eats, the whole family will not feel hungry." - Ave Legio!!!!
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonHero of the LegionSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service Ribbon
Zyvexal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
Siaon
Be as unerring as the North Star.

Nation: Lycan

Discord name: Siaon#5761

The only conference I saw a part of was Nintendo, and I watched the technical difficulties they had with the control for the new Zelda game.

I wanted to see the other conferences, too, but I had no time

前進!前進!進!

Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonHero of the LegionSilver Admiralty RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Service Ribbon
Siaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #8
the god of lightning
The Legion's Chess Champion

Nation: Ithaca

Discord name: TGOL

Fable 3

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarMaroon WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomics General Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
the god of lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #9
bigdaddychacha
Legion's Resident War Criminal

Nation: New Prospect Korea

Dead Space 2 is gonna pwn.
Tetris WarNuclear Survivor
bigdaddychacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #10
MRRed
Rejecter of Reality.

Nation: Golden

Discord name: MRRed

Alliance:
none

SWTOR was by far my fav relese. i also liked the new ghost recon
MRRed is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > Entertainment & Technology

Tags
conferences, e3