The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:05 PM   #11
DanDesade
déjà vu all over again

Nation: Atlantia
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: The Irish Abortion Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Pancras View Post
I also understand that the only circumstance where abortion is legal in Ireland at present is when the mother’s life is at risk.

If that is the case how the hell does this happen?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20321741
From what i read there was not any indication pregnancy caused death.

I don't recall ever reading about septicaemia being related to pregnancy. The only thing i remember being remotely close is allergies.

I'd wait for the investigations conclusions.

It also sounds like the parents wanted the child.
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest Legionnaire
DanDesade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:10 PM   #12
The Man from Mars

Nation: The Republic of Mars

Hi There!!

I make a Correction here;

The Democratic Party here in the U.S. has a notion that abortion should be "safe, legal, and (Only for White People that Do Not Believe in Their Views)

As They would Like to retroactivly abort all Non-Believers

This is why they support Islamic Fanatic's, As they share this Belief

The Man from Mars
Tetris WarODN WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardSpammiest Legionnaire
The Man from Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:08 AM   #13
VL
"not The mesiah! hes a naughty Boy!"

Nation: Revengia

Discord name: VL

Im Irish.
The current law where we don't allow for abortion but allow people to travel is stupid.
That is what is up for repealing and replacement allowing for abortion up to 12 week of gestation.
This is the norm among most other EU nations and We should take responsibility for our own citizens.
I will be voting for the repeal.
Regarding the Woman who lost her life, A life saving abortion was not performed as the doctors either feared the legal consequences or were against it being performed. Its not clear as to the grounds of the non decision if they were Medical, Religious or Legal.
It has been made clear however that in this case had an abortion been performed Mrs Halapanavar would likely have lived. Its a very contentious and polarizing topic in the republic of Ireland.
Prussian WarSecond Polar WarWSA WarOne Day WarGreat War IIIDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardInspector General's Service RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementDonator Award
VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:34 AM   #14
Lord Windmark
Taoiseach of Clan Dalcassian

Nation: Regnum Saoirse

Discord name: Lord_Windmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL View Post
Im Irish.
The current law where we don't allow for abortion but allow people to travel is stupid.
That is what is up for repealing and replacement allowing for abortion up to 12 week of gestation.
This is the norm among most other EU nations and We should take responsibility for our own citizens.
I will be voting for the repeal.
Regarding the Woman who lost her life, A life saving abortion was not performed as the doctors either feared the legal consequences or were against it being performed. Its not clear as to the grounds of the non decision if they were Medical, Religious or Legal.
It has been made clear however that in this case had an abortion been performed Mrs Halapanavar would likely have lived. Its a very contentious and polarizing topic in the republic of Ireland.
Nice to know theres another countryman of mine in The Legion. You see my main problem with this is the that the government will make a mess of it, as it will always do in Ireland. Why cant we have a referendum where the answer is clearly Yes, or No. Leo Varadkar has to make it dirty with including a clause that the government has the right to legislate on this from now on. I dont know about you but politicans cannot be trusted in The RoI in my opinion.

A Woman has the right to choose. A Child has the right to life. Im not going to debate with anyone at what stage a Fetus becomes a child because it is always a child in my opinion. No matter what decision the people of Ireland come to it is the wrong one. There is no right answer when it comes to the morals of humanity and abortion. If we vote yes we legalise murder, if we vote no we are oppressing women, the life givers of the planet, without whom none of us would be here.

Nations Recruited for The Legion: XXIV

Served as Vice Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from 5th June 2018 - 9th September 2018
Served as Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: 9th September 2018 - 25th of July 2020
Served a 2nd term as Vice Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: 25th July 2020 to May 2021
Served 2nd term as Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: March 1st 2022 - Present

Umbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Lord Windmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:48 AM   #15
Regent Pancras
Gin Monstrosity

Nation: Unification

Discord name: RegentPancras

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDesade View Post
From what i read there was not any indication pregnancy caused death.

I don't recall ever reading about septicaemia being related to pregnancy. The only thing i remember being remotely close is allergies.

I'd wait for the investigations conclusions.

It also sounds like the parents wanted the child.
This case happened several years ago and the investigation has decisively concluded.

The parents did want the child however the foetus was miscarrying. Because it still had a heartbeat the decision was taken on spurious legal grounds not to abort even though it was known that it wasn’t viable and would die.

This incident was the catalyst for the debate which has resulted in the upcoming Vote.
In Peace: Goodwill.

GMT+1

WHERE IS MY FUCKING MEDAL?

Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Regent Pancras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:34 AM   #16
Lord Windmark

Just an interesting update!

Facebook today announced they would not allow 8th amendment referendum adds be placed by anyone outside of Ireland. Google have gone further and are now refusing to take adds about it at all!

The "Vote No" side has criticized this as they have put a lot of money into social media campaigns. The Yes side is delighted of course!

Served as Vice Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from 5th June 2018 - 9th September 2018
Served as Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: 9th September 2018 - 25th of July 2020
Served a 2nd term as Vice Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: 25th July 2020 to May 2021
Served 2nd term as Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: March 1st 2022 - Present

Umbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Old 05-09-2018, 10:46 AM   #17
Immerael
The Legion's Resident Demi God

Nation: Goldoa

Discord name: Immerael[TheLegion]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomond View Post
Just an interesting update!

Facebook today announced they would not allow 8th amendment referendum adds be placed by anyone outside of Ireland. Google have gone further and are now refusing to take adds about it at all!

The "Vote No" side has criticized this as they have put a lot of money into social media campaigns. The Yes side is delighted of course!
I have no issue with people outside the country not being allowed to do whatever, its Irelands issue let the Irish handle it. I have far more criticism for google as one of the worlds largest platforms, denying even the Irish to do what they will. I know both are private companies and can do what they like but Google is so massive this will have a negative effect and I can't help but feel it will be unequally applied.
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarSnake Eyes WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator Award
Immerael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:20 AM   #18
JewJitsue

Nation: Republic of Judah

Discord name: Jew-Jitsue

While I do think that abortion should be legal, I also believe that the government should put more resources toward ways to prevent unwanted pregnancy altogether, such as affordable and available birth control methods and valuable sex education. A problem cannot be fixed unless it's most prevalent or root cause is addressed, such as in this case a lack of education or protection.
JewJitsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:51 AM   #19
The Man from Mars

Nation: The Republic of Mars

Hi There!!

My Kid Sister has three healthy kids, She nearly died having them, each time being closer to Death.

This is to do with holding back childbearing to latter in life to have a Career.

I can not stand Abortion, As the desire for children is so strong People are willing to risk their life having them.

How can a Person who performs Late-term Abortions Live with what they do?

The Man from Mars
Tetris WarODN WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardSpammiest Legionnaire
The Man from Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:53 PM   #20
Lord Windmark

Just to make you aware, the referendum took place on Friday. It was a Yes vote with 66% voting yes. I personally voted against it in the end because I do not agree with the piece of legislation inserted into the vote that will allow politicians to make all future legislation within government regarding this issue. History has shown us to not trust politicians with too much of the decisions! I also realized during this time that I do not agree with the termination of a healthy pregnancy unless in the case of incest or rape. However I am glad of the result if it is what the majority wanted!

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
abortion, irish, question