The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > Entertainment & Technology

Entertainment & Technology Discussion of music, games, movies, and computer technology.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #11
Ganondorf X
Once was VEGITO

Nation: Ruins Of Hyrule
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: Vegito's Help/Suggestion Thread

ANY zelda game other then that Cd-i crap
Ganondorf X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:03 PM   #12
Zyvexal
Legion's Resident Chinaman

Nation: Zyvexal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegito View Post
meh i liked it your probably more of a hardcore gamer with RTS's
precisely.
[19:19:52] * @Feibelman cries
“If a single member of a family eats, the whole family will not feel hungry." - Ave Legio!!!!
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonHero of the LegionSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service Ribbon
Zyvexal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #13
Ganondorf X
Once was VEGITO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyvexal View Post
precisely.
i call em like i see em
Old 03-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #14
Lord Maverick

Nation: Maverick Empire

Lol well Vegito ran off somewhere so im incharge till he gets back!

>.> bow before Lord maverick!!

Ok! here is a game suggestion for you all

If you like Bio Shock, you should really consider getting System Shock. it had some of the developers from Bio Shock =D

here is a brief history of the game courtesy of Wikipedia!

Qoute:
System Shock sold only 170,000 copies,[33] and was outsold by its contemporary computer games.[2][6] GameSpy compared the game's commercial performance to that of Vincent van Gogh's paintings, declaring that "the best computer game of 1994 ... came and went whilst everyone was busy killing each other in Doom II."[6] Despite its poor sales, critics received the game well; PC Gamer claimed that "no matter what kind of game you're looking for, you'll find something in System Shock to delight you", giving it their "Best Adventure Game of 1994" award.[4]

Games Domain was impressed by the game's plot and visuals, but criticized the CD-ROM edition's SVGA support, calling the performance "hideous even on [the recommended system]".[30] GameBytes also found the game to be a "technical marvel", though at a cost in performance.[24]

Computer Gaming World awarded the game 4˝ stars out of 5, praising its scale, physics system and true 3D environments, and extolling the presentation of Cyberspace as "nothing short of phenomenal". The magazine felt negatively concerning the "little sense of urgency" and "confusing level layouts".[3] Next Generation Magazine summarized the game as "... a great blend of strategy and action backed up with all the extras", granting it four out of five stars.[34]
[edit] Legacy

System Shock is considered by some to be a major innovation in the first-person genre. In a Gamasutra feature, Patrick Redding of Ubisoft attested that "the fact that so many of System Shock's features are now virtually de rigueur in modern sci-fi shooters is a testament to the influence exerted by this one game."[5] GameSpy argued that the game "is the progenitor of today's story-based action games, a group with titles as diverse as 'Metal Gear Solid,' 'Resident Evil,' and even 'Half-Life'."[6] Eurogamer called the System Shock series "the benchmark for intelligent first-person gaming", noting that "[it] kick-start[ed] the revolution which ... has influenced the design of countless other games."[35]

Certain game developers have acknowledged System Shock's influence on their products. With Deus Ex, developer Warren Spector revealed a desire to "build on the foundation laid by the Looking Glass guys in games like ... System Shock."[36] Developer Ken Levine has commented that the "spirit of System Shock is player-powered gameplay: the spirit of letting the player drive the game, not the game designer", and at Irrational Games "... that's always the game we ideally want to make."[37]

Various sources have ranked SHODAN as one of the most effective antagonists and female characters in the history of video gaming.[38][39][40][41][42][43]

In the years following its release, System Shock has been inducted into many "hall of fame" lists, including those by PC Gamer, GameSpy and Computer Gaming World.[6][7][8] A sequel to System Shock, entitled System Shock 2, was released in 1999 to further acclaim and award, bringing back SHODAN and taking place forty-two years after the first; the last level is a recreation of the first game when SHODAN alters reality to transform the ship into Citadel Station.[9]

Unquote.

I currently downloaded the game for those of you interested.
the game is no longer for sale but if ur really interested in this one here is the link to it!

http://www.strangebedfellows.de/inde...ml#downloadssp

http://www.strangebedfellows.de/inde...pic,211.0.html

Enjoy the game! it is really one to check out and is very fun!!

to get a small taste of what u are getting here is a video with one of Shodan's most famous quotes

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iZMD_eCpEo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaJPX7GoOQY&NR=1[/ame]

Lord Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #15
Lord Maverick

Ok its been a while since i have posted here.

Now everyone today i bring you a few new game suggestions.

For those of you with a Wii, who love strat and tactics games from the past, you should check out Ogre Battle 64: Person of lordly caliber

it just came out on the store and its worth it, it has multipule endings and so many classes of soldiers and monsters that i cannot even dream of naming them all.
This is a 64 title so dont expect fancy graphics, even though the graphics on this game are pretty good.

For Wii iteslf, you all should look forward to the new Monster hunter game, which has MMO abilities. You fight monsters 20Xs ur size in this game and use their hides, and everything to create new and powerful weapons. you can go into battle alone or with a team of friends so be ready for this one when it comes out.

Now for PS3. God of War 3 and Dragon Age Origins!

these two are good games, however i think GOW3 would be the best choice out of the two. i have not played the game personally but i have seen reviews, and each one has nothing but good things to say about the game, not to mention the game is rated with 9s

For Xbox. well im not sure i dont pay much attention to X box games sorry XD thats all for today!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #16
Ganondorf X
Once was VEGITO

ah finally home sweet home ...you will be chief in my thread mav
Old 06-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #17
Lord Maverick

Wha?..whats that do?.. do i get like cookies and stuff?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #18
Ganondorf X
Once was VEGITO

Banjo Tooie wether it's the cartridge rom or xbox live arcade play it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 09:26 AM   #19
bitermer

Nation: Bitermeria

old thread is old

Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceFunniest LegionnaireSpam-A-Thon Winner
bitermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:49 PM   #20
MrBetsinger
Poopin on kids since 93

Nation: Lost Woods

These are my old accounts (Vegito and Ganondorf X) Hahahhaa i remember this like it was yesterday
MrBetsinger is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > Entertainment & Technology

Tags
help or suggestion, thread, vegito