The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:05 AM   #21
Legionnaire

Nation: Legionia
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: Christmas Gifts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher View Post
Got more sex. It is the gift that keeps on giving.
Make some little Watchers man
The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarTetris WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:42 AM   #22
Watcher
Dream Potato

Nation: Gambrin

Discord name: Watcher

~"I got all the numbers! That's Wade Boggs style baby." - Charlie Kelly ~
*Lord Protector of the Legion*
*Patron Saint of Invicta*

WSA WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonEducation AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFappiest Legionnaire
Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:43 AM   #23
Legionnaire

Nation: Legionia

git er dun
The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarTetris WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #24
Konkrage
Xineoph touched me here.

Nation: Konkrage1

Suits.

Gotta get ready for the upcoming review season. Be that graduate school or work.

Found great deals for casual jackets at JCPENNY. They had a rack at 80% off. Bought a cool gray jacket for 45$.

(we help buy our presents since we've kinda grown up.)

Casualties Peak Rank: #1 Defending, #3 Overall
Nukes Sent: 482 | Nukes Taken: 165

Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarBi-cycle War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Konkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #25
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Nation: Neepolito Harnilito

Discord name: VanikHardil

Alliance:
bjalbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialMike View Post
I'm getting a nice new 23" monitor. I think its about time I leave the 4:3 aspect ratio in the dust for my primary monitor. I'll finally get to get rid of my CRT when it cycles out, making my current LCD as the secondary. As for what else I'm getting, who knows.

Also, VH, what laptop is it? I've never heard of a 400 dollar gaming laptop, I'd like to check that out.
Well I don't know if yall will see it as a gaming laptop as much as I do, but here is the link to it. Cait paid for three day shipping but seeing as christmas and it being the weekend I have to wait until tomorrow or the day after to get it.. >_<

Originally from Caits mom I got two awesome shirts and a really cool coat/hoodie for the winter but the coat was a size and a half too small, so when we brought it back to get it exchanged for a bigger size, they didn't have any more of that coat or any other coat at all.. Sooooo I ended up getting two more shirts.. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
Probably the one where you watch your step sister frig herself from the doorway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
Anyone can send 14 million troops into the wood chipper. That doesn't mean you learned anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Rob View Post
I have been busy as a ballsack in an orgy.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Improved Legionnaire
Vanik Hardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #26
LordDagon
Legion's Aurelius

Nation: The Nation of Epic

Vanik We will see how that works out for you, my "gaming" laptop cost me $700 and now it is but a rinky dink machine compared to my desktop.

As for my haul, 23.5" (eat it SpecialMike) HD LCD monitor, rosewill wireless keyboard and mouse set, 108$ leather wallet, new computer case fan 120mm, Parallax ping sonar sensor for my boebot, chopstick set.
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty Award

Last edited by LordDagon; 12-27-2011 at 04:07 PM.
LordDagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #27
JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS
10th Legion Gemina...Julius Caesar's Men

Nation: TERRA ROMANORVM

Discord name: Josephivs

If you want a true gaming laptop get Alienware M14x. Ignore all Alienware haters and their reviews on this one. If you can get it for a good price it's worth it. Gotta say it works flawlessly and the performance is , I have no regrets with it.
Tetris WarIch Dien Silver AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #28
Lord Necronomis
Queer for Hubb

Nation: Federation of Bone

Discord name: Necronomis

Alienware haters are people who build their own machines. If you don't want to, or don't know how, to build your own, alienware are good. You can get just as good from Asus and Toshiba usually, but I definitely won't rag on alienware as being a "bad" product. The machine I'm on now is an m11x, but I only paid half price for it. The reason you pay for alienware isn't because it's the best machine, but because of the cool effects and features it has. Plus, one neat thing you'll notice is that they test each machine, and in the bios there's a "OC Mode" where it automatically oc's and uv's the computer.

And Vanik, for the money that's not a bad machine by any means. The 4250 isn't exactly a powerhouse gpu, but it'll play most games you put in it. They just won't be at top settings.
[03:18] * %DarthElecian[Legion] takes trout and slaps Necronomis|Legion around a bit
[03:19] * @Necronomis|Legion takes out a massive sword-handled razor-barbed dildo and smacks DarthElecian[Legion] around a lot with it.
[03:19] <%DarthElecian[Legion]> o_O
[03:19] <@Necronomis|Legion> don't fuck with me
[03:19] <%DarthElecian[Legion]> ....do not want
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Lord Necronomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #29
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Nation: Neepolito Harnilito

Discord name: VanikHardil

Alliance:
bjalbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDagon View Post
Vanik We will see how that works out for you, my "gaming" laptop cost me $700 and now it is but a rinky dink machine compared to my desktop.

As for my haul, 23.5" (eat it SpecialMike) HD LCD monitor, rosewill wireless keyboard and mouse set, 108$ leather wallet, new computer case fan 120mm, Parallax ping sonar sensor for my boebot, chopstick set.
Definitely, my laptop is half par compared to caits desktop. Wtf is a boebot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS View Post
If you want a true gaming laptop get Alienware M14x. Ignore all Alienware haters and their reviews on this one. If you can get it for a good price it's worth it. Gotta say it works flawlessly and the performance is , I have no regrets with it.
Already paid for the laptop, and I don't have high standards, I just wanna play games..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Necronomis View Post
Alienware haters are people who build their own machines. If you don't want to, or don't know how, to build your own, alienware are good. You can get just as good from Asus and Toshiba usually, but I definitely won't rag on alienware as being a "bad" product. The machine I'm on now is an m11x, but I only paid half price for it. The reason you pay for alienware isn't because it's the best machine, but because of the cool effects and features it has. Plus, one neat thing you'll notice is that they test each machine, and in the bios there's a "OC Mode" where it automatically oc's and uv's the computer.

And Vanik, for the money that's not a bad machine by any means. The 4250 isn't exactly a powerhouse gpu, but it'll play most games you put in it. They just won't be at top settings.
The top stuff is a bunch of mumbo-jumbo to me.. Up until Caits desktop Alienware was the best I had seen. Hell I have never played games at top settings, so having a step or two above bottom and running fluidly will be wonderful..

Cait messed up on the billing address though so it didn't match my banking info so they have it on hold. Fixed the billing address so it should be here by friday... hopefully..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
Probably the one where you watch your step sister frig herself from the doorway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
Anyone can send 14 million troops into the wood chipper. That doesn't mean you learned anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Rob View Post
I have been busy as a ballsack in an orgy.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Improved Legionnaire
Vanik Hardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #30
LordDagon
Legion's Aurelius

Nation: The Nation of Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanik Hardil View Post
Definitely, my laptop is half par compared to caits desktop. Wtf is a boebot?
A starter robot with a stamp processor used at UCF to teach first year engineers about programming and wiring, I want the ping sensor to be a badass in class.
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty Award
LordDagon is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
christmas, gifts