The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Legion Lounge Off-topic discussion, relaxation & spam.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
Tzar Rob 
Killer's Bitch

Nation: The Shelter
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: TzarRob|Legion

Default Sid Meiers Civ: Beyond Earth

People play? What do you think?

I picked up the game a few days after it came out and have been playing casually since then. I am about midgame as the Franco-Iberia Alliance (or whatever). Interested in getting peoples impressions.

I think the tech system is rather confusing, and I really havent found any use for the bonus resources on the map besides for production bonuses, energy bonsuses. I like the enhanced spy system, because the one in Civ V was worthless. Combat is alright, currently prepping to take over my neighbor. I bum rushed him too early and had to reload a save since I didnt get enough units XD

Anyone else?
Coalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarNSO WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomic Program Service Award
Tzar Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #2
Colt1945

Nation: Rauco

Default Re: Sid Meiers Civ: Beyond Earth

I've been playing multi-player with a few frienda, it's definitely a refreshing change of pace from the previous games. The aliens are a fun touch.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #3
Watcher
Dream Potato

Nation: Gambrin

Discord name: Watcher

I mistakenly attacked people too soon too. :XD:

Yay for those early saves.

~"I got all the numbers! That's Wade Boggs style baby." - Charlie Kelly ~
*Lord Protector of the Legion*
*Patron Saint of Invicta*

WSA WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonEducation AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFappiest Legionnaire
Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits

I can't take Sid Meiers seriously after the disaster that was Masters of Orion 3 Civ 3.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire

Last edited by tom the pit leader; 11-03-2014 at 07:05 AM. Reason: oops, guess he didn't do that.
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #5
bitermer

Nation: Bitermeria

I haven't found a connection between Masters of Orion III and Civ, Sid Meiers or Firaxis

I haven't played or bought BE yet but I've heard a lot about it. Spies seem to be the only real positive though. Lots of reviews complaining about shitty AI, confusing tech, clunky interface and lack of real alien threat. And of course it's basically just a re-skinned Civ 5. So it doesn't really have much appeal to me, as I quite enjoy Civ 5 with all the expansions.

Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceFunniest LegionnaireSpam-A-Thon Winner

Last edited by bitermer; 11-02-2014 at 08:54 PM.
bitermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #6
tom the pit leader
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits

I might be confused with the equally disastrous Civ 3, which I got at roughly the same time. I really did think he was responsible for MOO3 though, but I can't find anything to support that claim.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #7
bitermer

Nation: Bitermeria

I never played civ 3, but civ 4 is probably the most complete game in the series when it came out, and 5 is superb with all the expansions, I'd highly recommend either of them.

Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceFunniest LegionnaireSpam-A-Thon Winner
bitermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:10 AM   #8
justavictim82
I assure you Legion that I am still the liquor

Nation: AllAboutThePentiums

Discord name: Justavictim82 #0704

Civ 3 was broken in so many ways. Culture ruled the game and you could literally have a city flip back the turn after it was conquered due to it. Not only that but if you had right of passage/open borders you could literally exploit it by moving next to any city declaring war and beating the piss out of your opponent. Civ 4 corrected the problems and was a much more enjoyable game. I have yet to play Civ 5 yet because of lack of time.
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
justavictim82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:22 AM   #9
Megamind

Nation: MLW worldwide

Discord name: Megamind

Civ 2 best Civ! That is all
Great War IIICoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award
Megamind is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge

Tags
civ, earth, meiers, sid