The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > Entertainment & Technology

Entertainment & Technology Discussion of music, games, movies, and computer technology.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #1
justavictim82
I assure you Legion that I am still the liquor

Nation: AllAboutThePentiums
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Justavictim82 #0704

Default Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 Enhanced Edition

Has anyone else check these out? The stoy behind them is this: The games were created in 2000 and 2002. Both were insanely well recieved, have one of the largest modding 9communities (which are still active and spitting out new material almost 15 years later), and are widely considered to be one of if not the best RPG series ever made for the PC.

Flash forward to 2011. A new company, Beamdog, gathered up all the original game makers as well as some of the top modders and started a project to remake the games using the same original Infinitey engine by updating the product, adding new NPC's and quests, and restoring some of the original content that was cut.

For any fan of D&D, these are must play games. At $20 for BGEE and $25 for BG2EE these are a steal.
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
justavictim82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:21 AM   #2
Daniel48
Expungo Maelstrom

Nation: Firemark

Default Re: Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 Enhanced Edition

I played them when the came out. Spent countless hours. loved that game. I might have to look this up
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarNuclear SurvivorEconomics General Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Daniel48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Nation: Neepolito Harnilito

Discord name: VanikHardil

Alliance:
bjalbert

Pretty cool shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
Probably the one where you watch your step sister frig herself from the doorway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
Anyone can send 14 million troops into the wood chipper. That doesn't mean you learned anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Rob View Post
I have been busy as a ballsack in an orgy.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Improved Legionnaire
Vanik Hardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:43 PM   #4
mojo882

Nation: kolsara

I dunno why, but I loved them originally when they came out, I tried replaying them this year and I was so bored throughout :s
Unjust WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator Award
mojo882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:43 PM   #5
justavictim82
I assure you Legion that I am still the liquor

Nation: AllAboutThePentiums

Discord name: Justavictim82 #0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo882 View Post
I dunno why, but I loved them originally when they came out, I tried replaying them this year and I was so bored throughout :s
Depends on if you played the originals or the EE versions. I played the originals thoroughly. I admit that I do not have very strong attention span for games but these games (especially 2) always seemed to keep my attention. I usually would do about 1 run a year. The new versions have more content. Not a ton but enough to sate your interest.

Without giving spoilers I do wish there was more "reward" for playing an evil party because Dorn (new character) and Edwin are amazing
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
justavictim82 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > Entertainment & Technology

Tags
1, 2, baldur, edition, enhanced, gate