The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #11
Izubibbywutz

Nation: Land of Moo
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: United States Marine Corps

heres basic fitness info if i remember correctly based on 2 minute timers i think
100 push ups 75 sit ups..Do atleast 10 pull ups...You should be able to do a 3 mile run in i think under 25 minutes?

Do you like fish sticks?
The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Gold AwardDonator Award
Izubibbywutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #12
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Nation: Neepolito Harnilito

Discord name: VanikHardil

Alliance:
bjalbert

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck..
100 push ups, 75 sit ups, and 10 pull ups in 2 minutes each? I need to get to working out overtime..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
Probably the one where you watch your step sister frig herself from the doorway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
Anyone can send 14 million troops into the wood chipper. That doesn't mean you learned anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Rob View Post
I have been busy as a ballsack in an orgy.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Improved Legionnaire
Vanik Hardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #13
FreeMason
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Nation: Sexi Thyme

Don't worry, they'll beat you into shape xD
Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
FreeMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #14
Feibelman
Whiskey Monstrosity

Nation: Feibelstan II

I've been in for longer than you've been alive.

You are east of the Mississippi, meaning you will attend Parris Island, rather then San Diego.

Basics req's for your PFT will include:
3 pull ups
50 crunches
3 mile under 28 min.

If you are unable to do these once you get to basic, you will be dropped into a special platoon of fatties and demonstrable failures. They will put you on a diet tray and starve you into submission. Avoid failing your PFT at all costs, train hard before you leave.

Work on getting into cold showers and taking quick but cleanly showers.
Be prepared for high stress.
Have the right mind set, remember the D.I's are making you into some of the worlds best trained warriors, they are helping you.

I would entertain any questions you have, brother.

SEMPER FIDELIS
Wpn PSGT. Feibelman
1/1 Recon, 0331
Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Feibelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:37 PM   #15
Alexander Kerensky

Nation: Strana Mechty

Discord name: Alexander

My info is a bit outdated I was in the Corps from 97-02 as an enlisted man, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The PFT you will have to pass during boot camp is pretty easy even if your not in shape now you will be. To max out and get a perfect 300 you will need to do 20 pull ups (not timed), 100 crunches (2min timed), and 3miles in 18min. I'm not sure on the minimums, but its all pretty easy.

Also there are some important questions to ask your recruiter to make sure you get all the available bonuses. Do not decide on a job before taking your ASVAB, see what your score is and what you qualify for. unless you just want to blow shit up with out any planning for the future don't go anything grunt/artillery/EoD. I was a Crew Chief, pogue, and grunt in my 5 years so there is always room to change even after enlistment.

If you have any questions i'll be more than happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge and ability.

man I need to post faster... lol
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonRecruitment Service AwardEducation AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardMost Serious Legionnaire
Alexander Kerensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:39 PM   #16
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Nation: Neepolito Harnilito

Discord name: VanikHardil

Alliance:
bjalbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMason View Post
Don't worry, they'll beat you into shape xD
hopefully it is the shape of a human instead of the circle shape I am in now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feibelman View Post
I've been in for longer than you've been alive.

You are east of the Mississippi, meaning you will attend Parris Island, rather then San Diego.

Basics req's for your PFT will include:
3 pull ups
50 crunches
3 mile under 28 min.

If you are unable to do these once you get to basic, you will be dropped into a special platoon of fatties and demonstrable failures. They will put you on a diet tray and starve you into submission. Avoid failing your PFT at all costs, train hard before you leave.

Work on getting into cold showers and taking quick but cleanly showers.
Be prepared for high stress.
Have the right mind set, remember the D.I's are making you into some of the worlds best trained warriors, they are helping you.

I would entertain any questions you have, brother.

SEMPER FIDELIS
Wpn PSGT. Feibelman
1/1 Recon, 0331
Thanks for the info Feib. I will work on all of the requirements you have stated and then some. I want to be at the very least with the recruits if not a step ahead of them.
I am going to see the recruiter tomorrow, I don't know how soon after that I will be sent out, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
Probably the one where you watch your step sister frig herself from the doorway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
Anyone can send 14 million troops into the wood chipper. That doesn't mean you learned anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Rob View Post
I have been busy as a ballsack in an orgy.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Improved Legionnaire
Vanik Hardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #17
Feibelman
Whiskey Monstrosity

Nation: Feibelstan II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanik Hardil View Post
I don't know how soon after that I will be sent out, do you?
You won't be sent right away. You will go to training in your MOS, which length will vary depending on what you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Kerensky View Post
My info is a bit outdated I was in the Corps from 97-02 as an enlisted man, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The PFT you will have to pass during boot camp is pretty easy even if your not in shape now you will be. To max out and get a perfect 300 you will need to do 20 pull ups (not timed), 100 crunches (2min timed), and 3miles in 18min. I'm not sure on the minimums, but its all pretty easy.

Also there are some important questions to ask your recruiter to make sure you get all the available bonuses. Do not decide on a job before taking your ASVAB, see what your score is and what you qualify for. unless you just want to blow shit up with out any planning for the future don't go anything grunt/artillery/EoD. I was a Crew Chief, pogue, and grunt in my 5 years so there is always room to change even after enlistment.

If you have any questions i'll be more than happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge and ability.

Lololol Artillery lololololol.

Did you get in the sand box at all brother? Any foreign deploys?
Coalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Feibelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #18
Sylar
Your Boss

Nation: East York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanik Hardil View Post
hopefully it is the shape of a human instead of the circle shape I am in now..

Thanks for the info Feib. I will work on all of the requirements you have stated and then some. I want to be at the very least with the recruits if not a step ahead of them.
I am going to see the recruiter tomorrow, I don't know how soon after that I will be sent out, do you?
Last i checked its what you choose i know the longest is a year.

Also become a officer my cousin graduated west point in 87 and is know becoming a 1 star general later this month so officer is definitely the way to go.(and yes i know army) Also he has served in every war since 87 which helps alot.

he is about 42 by the way.
Karma WarInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Sylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #19
Alexander Kerensky

Nation: Strana Mechty

Discord name: Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feibelman View Post
Lololol Artillery lololololol.

Did you get in the sand box at all brother? Any foreign deploys?

yeah, I was on a 46 dragging your sorry asses around in Afghanistan. My Enlistment was up right as things were getting hot in the summer of 02. I decided not to re-enlist to go the college route (and 2 NJPs for hazing), they never called me back in off inactive reserve.
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonRecruitment Service AwardEducation AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardMost Serious Legionnaire
Alexander Kerensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #20
Sylar
Your Boss

Nation: East York

also watch ALOT of military & history channel, and especially the show called mail call, just to catch up on history so you dont look like an idiot in basic.
Karma WarInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Sylar is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
corps, marine, states, united