The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > Entertainment & Technology

Entertainment & Technology Discussion of music, games, movies, and computer technology.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #41
Legionnaire

Nation: Legionia
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarTetris WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #42
bigdaddychacha
Legion's Resident War Criminal

Nation: New Prospect Korea
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

MrAdmiralX, I'd just like to say well-done (thus far.). I haven't beat it yet, I'm about at the 25 hour mark (you gotta savor a game like this...). I'm a little worried about the ending because I've heard people vaguely bitching some places, but no spoilers, I'll see for myself when I get there.

I'm not going to wade into the whole Steam vs. Origin debate, I'm a console gamer, so I don't have a horse in that race. I will mention that I've had a handful of issues, although they've been far from game-breaking: during multiplayer, I once fell through the level after biotic charging an enemy at the exact second my health hit zero. Not a big deal, maybe just a timing thing. My biggest issue so far has been with the Kinect; it acts funny sometimes. It selects "action" sometimes completely unprompted. I'll be listening to something somebody is saying and it will automatically initiate the next section of dialogue, or my Paragon FemShep will automatically choose the Renegade response the instant it becomes available. In each case, I don't think it's responding to sounds; is it responding to slight body movements? Any ideas on this? I know it's gotta be the Kinect because I never had this experience with 1 or 2.

Anyways, those minor issues aside, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's nice to see a few of these long-running backstories draw to conclusions of my choosing. Learning about the Protheans through that DLC squad mate has been a real eye opener. (do I feel really good about day 1 DLC that plays such a big role in the crucial story? Not really, but whatever...I DL'd it. I'll do that for a mass effect; most other games, never!)

It always feels good working to slowly make the universe's survival incrementally more assured as Commander Shepard. Also, it's good to be taking it to the Cerberus punks again; the whole time during 2, I was like, "These guys are scum, why the he'll am I working with them?!?"
Tetris WarNuclear Survivor
bigdaddychacha is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > Legion Lounge > Entertainment & Technology

Tags
3, effect, mass