The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:04 AM   #1
Thomond
Taoiseach of Clan Dalcassian

Nation: Thomond
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

IRC name: Lord_Windmark

Default Brexit

Anyone else out there a citizen of an EU member state? Or have any comments to make about Brexit?

For those of you unaware, Brexit is the British plan to leave the European Union on May 2019. This is unprecedented and will probably tank the British Economy. Id like to see what others have to say though, if you have heard about it at all in the news.

Nations Recruited for The Legion: XXIV

Nuclear SurvivorRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Thomond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:06 AM   #2
Penultidodo 

Nation: Sarmal

IRC name: Rdtie

Default Re: Brexit

I live in the Czech Republic and I have been once in the UK. It's really nice there, but unfortunately it may become hard to get there. Not sure why they thought leaving would be better for them.

I would like to hear an opinion from someone living in the UK.

Ich Dien Silver AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Penultidodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:47 AM   #3
mojo882

Nation: Kolsara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penultidodo View Post
I live in the Czech Republic and I have been once in the UK. It's really nice there, but unfortunately it may become hard to get there. Not sure why they thought leaving would be better for them.

I would like to hear an opinion from someone living in the UK.
Sadly years of tabloid newspapers bashing immigrants was enough to sway the majority of the population who voted

I also cannot imagine why we voted to leave its crazy

Unjust WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator Award
mojo882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:47 AM   #4
Thomond

Im irish and this is a disaster for us aswel. 60% of our trades exports go to Britain, nevermind cluster fuck of a situation up in Northern Ireland. The westminister government under Theresa May made deal with the devil when going into government with the DUP. (Ulster Unionists)

Nuclear SurvivorRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Old 07-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #5
Thomond

So David Davis (Secretary for Brexit) and Boris Johnson (Foreign Secretary) are no more, and Theresa May is still in power. The British have absolutely no idea what they are going to do next and Mrs.May is still at the helm. I predict an extremely soft brexit, or a no deal situation due to the EU deciding to not strike a deal due to British inability to agree to certain terms. This is going to be a catastrophe of the highest order.

----------

Also I think it is unfair that Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland have to bend to the wim of The English just because the UK votes as a bloc, they all chose to remain in europe.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:27 PM   #6
happy5214 
Director of Trades

Nation: Manitae

IRC name: happy5214

Had Scottish voters known they would have been pulled out of the EU by England's whim, I can't help but think their independence referendum would have resulted in a Yes vote.
happy5214, by the Grace of the Imperator and Consul of Internal and Economic Affairs, Vice Consul of Internal and Economic Affairs, Chief of Financial Staff, interim Chair of the Board of Treasurers, and Director of Trades, Commander of Legion Economics, Deputy to the Consul, Manager and Trainer of Economic Staff Resources, Head of Legion Foreign Aid, Organizer and Protector of the Circles, and Comptroller of Allied National Resources.

Vivu feliĉe kaj amike, parolu la veron, kaj elektu la bezonojn de ĉiuj anstataŭ viajn.

Ave Legio.

While I have worked to improve the quality of The Legion, I have accumulated the following awards:

Maroon WarNSO WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonEconomics General Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationMost Active LegionnaireMost Serious LegionnaireMost Improved Legionnaire
happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:12 PM   #7
Immerael
The Legion's Resident Demi God

Nation: Goldoa

IRC name: Immerael[TheLegion]

From what I understand May's absolutely terrible leadership is resulting in her own party rebelling, as she manages to make absolutely no one happy with how she is handling it. I.E. The guys I listen to politically are very pro Brexit but they think she's trash.

Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator Award
Immerael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:53 PM   #8
DanDesade
déjà vu all over again

Nation: Atlantia

Probably should had handled immigration, work rights and foreign investment differently

Seems those are the issues and sure you have to talk it through parliment but each, and in sum, are not enough for an exit from the EU

Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest Legionnaire
DanDesade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:58 PM   #9
tom the pit leader 
Brutal Despot

Nation: there be rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy5214 View Post
Had Scottish voters known they would have been pulled out of the EU by England's whim, I can't help but think their independence referendum would have resulted in a Yes vote.
So they'd have voted for sovereignty for the sole purpose of giving it up?

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
tom the pit leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:22 AM   #10
Regent Pancras
Gin Monstrosity

Nation: Unification

IRC name: RegentPancras

Brexit is nothing short of a total clusterfuck. No good will come from it mark my words.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
So they'd have voted for sovereignty for the sole purpose of giving it up?
Sovereignty is not lost when you join the EU. You by virtue of treaty make a decision which areas you will share decision making with the other member states. But at any time you can choose to leave those arrangements (as Brexit is proving) therefore you retain sovereignty at all times.
In Peace: Goodwill.

GMT+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
[on the subject of Arc's love life] In a related story, Mt. Everest is slowly progressing towards the middle east.

Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Regent Pancras is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
brexit